Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

You don't need to sell me, GreenCoat. I picked the Saints to win. They are, after all, 59th/60 in the PWR.
    Union is a dangerous draw, please just let the season end. There is no reason to be optimistic about our coaching or recruiting anymore. Not sure how the guys come motivated to play other than their love for the game...and possibly for Colgate.
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

where's Marmot these days...he has left the country? If not, he can join me in a comfy, state-run mental facility with male attendants at your beck and call...as the proprietor of the facility said to me upon my arrival: "We'll let you in, but may not let you out..."

Comment

Well, I'd rather face Union than Brown, even given the Dutchmen's senior night win yesterday. Maybe the shorter bus trip will tip the balance? It's time to play giant killer. Not like we haven't been in this spot before :/)
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

AUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!
          We lost to a team that only had 4 wins going into last night and got leap-frogged by Princeton, a team we had a H2H tiebreaker against, in the standings!

Not a good feeling going into the 2nd season...
          Colgate '09

Comment

Green Coat, alas I’ve been stuck in a rut for weeks trying to recall what the antonym for “superlative” is. For I fear I’ve run out of whatever those are in trying to describe the abject failure of this season.

It is amazing how far the men’s hockey program is behind most of our other sports. Football, soccer, lacrosse, women’s hockey and even basketball (first league title in 20 years!) seem to be on an altogether different plane than our moribund hockey program. It’s depressing.

As Green Coat is apt to point out, it’s not for lack of effort of the part of the kids on the team; they give their all very night. Unfortunately, they for the most part don’t have the talent to compete on an event level with our competitors.

My question now is what happens when the season ends which I fear is most imminent.

Comment

indeed Marmot...what does happen at the end of the year (probably Saturday night)?...I suspect nothing, at least nothing publicly...took a long look at our 2019 and 2020 recruits (as usual we seem to be "under recruiting", especially for 2020) and it would appear to be more of the same...God I hope I'm wrong...the Young Brothers, especially the younger one, seem to be good adds, maybe one or two more...but, again, when you look at the teams where these young men have plied their trades as 17, 18, 19 year olds they are generally not the best players on these teams...it would appear, and this is just speculation, that we are competing with the bottom third of the ECAC and against Atlantic Hockey...our presence in Ontario is not nearly what it used to be...we were very late (at least a decade) to tap what virtually every other DI program tapped, i.e., the USHL...yet the commitment of our current kids is impressive; they play hard and do a pretty good job defensively in our own end...but, honestly, we have a few kids on the team who should not be playing DI hockey...the numbers I quoted above are simply jaw dropping...and only by the continued efforts of virtually everyone on the roster have we been able to achieve 10 wins and 3 ties...

Comment

Clarkson recap...

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/20...s-raiders.aspx

Saint Lawrence recap...

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2019/3/2/mens-ice-hockey-raiders-conclude-regular-season-at-slu.aspx

Comment

Headed to the Frank L. Messa Rink at the Achilles Center at Union College in Schenectady, N.Y., this coming weekend for the first round match-up of Colgate versus Union in the ECAC tourney. Tickets were $15 each night, plus a $5 fee. Since it is at one of my least favorite rinks, along with Cornell’s Lynah, I decided to make the trip better by first watching Boston College at Providence on Thursday night in a regular-season contest at Schneider Arena (#95, lifetime, for me). Tickets were $25 each, plus a $5 fee. Go ‘Gate.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    Headed to the Frank L. Messa Rink at the Achilles Center at Union College in Schenectady, N.Y., this coming weekend for the first round match-up of Colgate versus Union in the ECAC tourney. Tickets were $15 each night, plus a $5 fee. Since it is at one of my least favorite rinks, along with Cornell’s Lynah, I decided to make the trip better by first watching Boston College at Providence on Thursday night in a regular-season contest at Schneider Arena (#95, lifetime, for me). Tickets were $25 each, plus a $5 fee. Go ‘Gate.
                    Iowa - whatever car/truck/pickup/vehicle you're driving, I gotta get me one. The miles you put on, yikes.......
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

ColSkate65, you can have it when I am done with it (he he he). It is my fifth straight black Dodge mini-van, as I am a creature of habit when I find something good (and reliable). I bought it just before the 2017-18 hockey season and I have over 63,000 miles on it already. When I spent three weeks in eastern Canada this past September with Brazil Lucas and Alaska Mike, I put 7,000 miles on it. I am already booked for Lake Placid ECAC, Allentown “Midwest” Regional, and Buffalo Frozen Four. Then I really start taking off in it, following short-track auto racing (two Midwest trips already planned for this summer).

Comment

Another all time low here, not one post about playoff hockey, wow !
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Enjoy the HS venue, iowa
                          Is there usually a playoff pick 'em...

Union 4, Colgate 0
                          Union 6, Colgate 3

Good Luck WIH vs. Clarkson
                          C O L G A T E
                          2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                          1990 NCAA FINALS
                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                          ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                          ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

TchrBill has probably nailed it...I'll watch; I almost always do...but nowadays it like watching myself during a visit to the dentist...

Comment

Brutal posts ! Tired of it.
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Good luck to Colgate this weekend at the DOT Salt shed. Hope they can steal a road series.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X