Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    Having said that, instead of continuing to be aggressive in the third, I expect that we will just dump the puck in a defensive shell. Go ‘Gate.
    Probably. I think we’ve reached our quota for goals this month.

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Brown 36, Colgate 25, SOG after three.
      Colgate 2, Brown 2, score after three.
      Headed to OT. They scored after pulling their goalie.

Comment

Three shots for each in OT.
        3-3 tie at Brown.
        Great game.

Comment

I made the trip to Providence last night. It was only the 2nd game I've been to this season - I had truly missed the college hockey atmosphere and it was on display last night. Two pep bands in attendance, and a larger turnout than I've usually seen at Meehan Auditorium, with a good handful of 'Gate fans in attendance. While watching the warmups, I noticed on the Colgate bench some strips of masking tape with the words "confident", "optimistic", "relentless", and "energy". This team isn't quitting. And it answered each of Brown's first two goals. Sadly they scored with the extra attacker (and rather quickly, too - they pulled the goalie with a little over 2 minutes to go then scored the EAG 20 seconds later), and we had to settle for the tie. But maybe they'll surprise us in the playoffs. Time will tell.

And hey - the team is undefeated this season when I make it to a game in person. I can't make it to the remaining regular season games but if they draw a New England opponent in the playoffs, I'll be there.
          Colgate '09

Comment

Hard to give away a point when the offense hit the 3-goal mark. On the bright side, we're still unbeaten in OT this year (2-0-3), so that's something.

Interesting that the band made the weekend trip, but good to see them. A few more home games would be good as well.

Some really good stretches, but also times where they cannot get out of their own end (like much of the 3rd period last night). Have really only been able to watch Saturday games the last couple of weeks, but that is the most-obvious pattern.
            ECAC Champions: 1990
            NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
            ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
            NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
            Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Friends that know me know that I like to whoop-n-holler for ‘my teams’ at college hockey games. I never disparage opposing players, never crinkle newspapers nor turn my back to the ice, never yell ‘Sieve, Sieve, Sieve,’ never argue about officials’ calls, but I do like to applaud ‘my team.’ However, it’s tough to whoop-n-holler when my team goes scoreless for 60 minutes at a time, repeatedly. So, I had fun last night. Thanks, ‘Gate. And to the Brown fans around me... I will be back.
              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-17-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                Friends that know me know that I like to whoop-n-holler for ‘my teams’ at college hockey games. I never disparage opposing players, never crinkle newspapers nor turn my back to the ice, never yell ‘Sieve, Sieve, Sieve,’ never argue about officials’ calls, but I do like to applaud ‘my team.’ However, it’s tough to whoop-n-holler when my team goes scoreless for 60 minutes at a time, repeatedly. So, I had fun last night. Thanks, ‘Gate. And to the Brown fans around me... I will be back.
                Yale was able to quiet that rabble last night, nice to send two bus loads away crying in their newspapers.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Yale was able to quiet that rabble last night, nice to send two bus loads away crying in their newspapers.
                  They seemed rather solemn leaving Meehan on Friday, too, after blowing a three-goal third period lead to a .500 team. You just hate to see it!

Comment

Colgate weekend recap from Yale and Brown...

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2019/2/15/mens-ice-hockey-yale-delivers-3-0-loss-to-mens-hockey.aspx

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/20...-at-brown.aspx
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-18-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

All is quiet here. Any comments on the upcoming Capital District series? Bump.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

ColSkate65,I will be at both home games this weekend, after first heading to Amherst, Mass., tomorrow to see UConn at PWR #1 UMass. My only prediction for the games in Hamilton is that our captain will more than likely try to lead the team from the safety of the penalty box. To be fair, though, he does seem to prefer to do it on the road, like at Brown, where the two-minute view is across the pond from the bench.

Comment

Iowa, I’ll be at the RPI game on Saturday. What section is your seat so I can say hello? I’m sorry I missed you at Union a few weeks ago.

Anyone else going on Saturday? It will most likely be the last home game this year and I have a pretty good feeling we’ll win it.

Comment

I'll be there, Mike. See you then. GO 'GATE!!

Comment

Magoo, section 9, row 6, seat 9. Looking forward to it.
                              Between pre-game warm-up and opening face-off is best time to catch me in my seat. Fat balding geeky geezer with cane wearing ‘Gate jersey. That should narrow the field. Thanks.

Comment

I'll be there for both games, though the biggest game of the weekend is the 2 PM Saturday hoops tilt vs. Navy where we're playing for a top tournament seed. Talk about a sentence I never thought I'd write!

Comment

Working...
                                X