Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

in my frustration forgot to say that the RPI coverage was quite good, objective, informative...and the call on McMann was BS...sad to see three programs with storied histories, especially RPI and SLU, in the dumps right now...I know some of the problems RPI and SLU are dealing with at the "administrative" level...from what I can gather our administration is and will be quite supportive of MIH...what that portends for the future I honestly don't know, but the respective directions of our MIH and WIH programs has caught the eye of the powers that be...and why not?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Wasn't a DQ; he can play tonight unless he's had two other misconducts this season. And the rule book is very clear that if it's CFB into the boards, it's 5 and game, whereas Bowman's CFB was in open ice. Plus, he was towards the bench for a good second, not like he turned to draw the 5, unlike some players I've seen when the rule was first implemented.
      What I meant by DQ was gone for the rest of the game. Shoulda said game misconduct.
      Last edited by sshablak; 02-02-2019, 09:24 AM.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

For what it is worth, the three people for whom I feel the worst are our three freshmen goalies. Normally they would be brought along slowly. I think, overall, Mitch has done a great job for us, and last night was no exception. But, we basically have no defense in front of him (not unlike last year with Colton, except Colton was exceptional). We are basically asking Mitch to be our offense (not much there either), our defense and be our last line of defense (goaltender). That isn’t fair to ask of anybody. And, by not really rotating our goalies, we are gonna be in a world of hurt if something happens to Mitch. But, that’s the beauty of sitting in the stands... I don’t need to make those decisions.

Comment

Yes, RPITV coverage was very good. I had blury reception the whole game but that's due to my computer and satellite. The announcers were very fair to us I thought.
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

The RPITV coverage is stellar! The announcers are fair to the opposing team.
            I'm not sure I agree with IOWA on feeling sorry for the freshman goalies. Two of them knew, when they committed, that they would most likely not see a lot of ice time due to Colton. Then Colton leaves, putting them (Benson and Farrier) as the starters. Will Friend was coming to Colgate anyway, not recruited, and was asked to join the team late. It has always been my impression that anyone on a team just wants to play. I think the goalies are delighted to be able to play. Riding a hot goalie makes sense, though I understand your concern about Farrier not having much game time going forward. Anyway, I am looking forward to tonight's game vs Union. I expect we will see a very different Colgate team on the ice. GO 'GATE!!!

Comment

At Messa Rink at Union College’s Achilles Center for more Colgate hockey team in action. Hopefully that last part is two words, not one.

Mitch Benson is back in goal again tonight.
              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-02-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Union 15, Colgate 8, SOG after one.
                Union 1, Colgate 0, score after one.
                Mitch Benson keeping us in the game (again).

Comment

Union announcers in a very gentle way pointed out that all our scoring comes from the first line and d-men.

Comment

They also reminded us that we are the worst penalty killing team in the nation and have the second worst scoring offense.

But they are hyping our prowess in the face off circle. So, there’s that.

Comment

On the bright side, ‘20-21 recruit Alex Young is 3rd in the AJHL in goals and 4th in points as a 17 year old. 5 points last night.

Let’s hope he doesn’t de-commit.

Comment

Union 30, Colgate 16, SOG after two.
                        Union 3, Colgate 0, score after two.
                        It is a broken record, but Mitch has played well despite no defense in front of him and man-advantage situations against him.

Comment

this program is now an embarrassment...as the Union announcers pointed out we have TWO, yes TWO freshmen skaters...this is no ********** rebuilding year...in exchange for committing $38 million for our new facility this is what we have...I've had enough and the individuals that are responsible for this production should be professionally dismissed after this year...there, I said it...flush the toilet and don't let sympathy or emotion play a part in the decision...fine, we had a good run under DV for 14 long years...he did a good job...being let go or fired is a fact of life for almost all of us...it's not funny and it's not fun...but it must be done and done ASAP...

Comment

Wow.

Abject humiliation.

Comment

Let’s see:

*No goals.
                              *Multiple goals conceded to the opponent power play.
                              *Benson solid in a fruitless effort.

Welcome to Colgate hockey.

Have we broken the school record for must shutouts against? Pathetic.

I think there is no way anyone cannot see the need for change.

Comment

The huge 6-0 is humiliating.

Comment

Working...
                                X