Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Been snowing all morning in Hamilton, Iowa. Travel safe, will look for you at the rink!

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
      Magoo, I totally agree with Gate83... very few really quality chances, although there were a couple of pings off the pipes... maybe one for each team. As for the goal, I would love to have seen a replay. To me, it looked like a ton of guys were just bangin’ at it at Mitch’s feet... not even sure he saw it go in. The fact that it was unassisted just told me that the Big Green player was the last to bang at it. They did a video review, confirmed the goal, but then no replay on the big screen.
      Apparently I didn’t see that right, here is what Big Green posted on the Dartmouth page...

“Wow, last night's game vs Colgate was as even as it gets with BG eeking out a 1-0 victory. Both goalies were outstanding (they both were the best players on the ice last night) with Clark being a bit better than Benson. I am sure Benson would like that goal back he gave up to Jasiek. I do not believe he was ready for it, given the angle of it, between the bottom of the circle and goal line. I think Jasiek's shot actually banked off Benson's far leg as he opened up to the butterfly and trickles in five hole. The goal is listed as unassisted but credit Rutherford for tying his D man and creating the turnover for Jasiek. Also it helps the Jasiek is left handed to help his angle of shot. I do not believe a righty would have scored there. Good call by the coaches to have Jasiek (winger) take the offensive draw vs Baker (center and righty).”
      You travel well young man! You can see the goal at the following: https://dartmouthsports.com/news/201...o-1-0-win.aspx

As for McMann, like I stated he was flying and plenty dangerous most of the night. With about 10 seconds remaining in the game, Graber was pinning the puck along the wall along in an attempt to kill the clock. McMann comes in like he should along with other from both teams hacking and whacking. When times runs out, McMann slashes Graber by the ankle. It is purely a hockey play and although McMann slashed Graber I prefer to view it as there is a hockey player who cares and plays with passion. No harm no foul! See you down the road and good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Thanks, all, for the info on Bobby McMann.
        And, obviously, John McGraw at Colgate Radio doesn’t need to worry about me taking over play-by-play. he he he
        Apparently all New York State interstates are officially off-limits for motorcoaches and tractor-trailers starting at 3 p.m. today, so it could mean two-lane roads for the Dartmouth and Harvard team buses on their respective ways home. It is now snowing lightly in Utica.
        US 20 is a bit easier anyway, at least for Harvard. Actually some decent non-interstates for Dartmouth to use in the Mohawk Valley.

Light snow in the 'cuse. Hopefully all have safe travels, as down that way can be a nasty one.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the Big Green highlights. Very kewl.
          I do travel well. I took Amtrak/VIA Rail on Thursday to see Niagara Ice Dogs blow out Hamilton Bulldogs,10-0, in Saint Catharines, then back to Syracuse and drive to Hamilton. This morning, Highway 12-B was slick driving back to Hamilton from Utica, with one car in the ditch already. After today’s afternoon game, I will either go back to Utica for tonight’s AHL game and model railroad show tomorrow afternoon, or just drive back home to Owego. Weather and road conditions at 5:30 p.m. today will dictate that decision.

Comment

Harvard 12, Colgate 11, SOG after one.
            Harvard 1, Colgate 0, score after one.
            Two great opportunities in front of Harvard goalie.
            But... one penalty against, one goal against.

Comment

Harvard 25,Colgate 19, SOG after two.
              Harvard 2, Colgate 0, after two.
              After playing them even in the first, Harvard started to really pull away in the second.
              Maybe being content to just dump it into their end when we are behind 2-0 isn’t such a great strategy.

Comment

Thanks for the link to the Big Green highlights. Very kewl.
                I do travel well. I took Amtrak/VIA Rail on Thursday to see Niagara Ice Dogs blow out Hamilton Bulldogs,10-0, in Saint Catharines, then back to Syracuse and drive to Hamilton. This morning, Highway 12-B was slick driving back to Hamilton from Utica, with one car in the ditch already. After today’s afternoon game, I will either go back to Utica for tonight’s AHL game and model railroad show tomorrow afternoon, or just drive back home to Owego. Weather and road conditions at 5:30 p.m. today will dictate that decision.
                Comets started early just finishing now, and Crunch are postponed. Wouldn't be surprised if the railroad show is also postponed. I'd say head home after this. Please be careful on the roads, and remember you'll need to use 17C or 434 instead of 17.
                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-19-2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

FlagDude, thanks for the AHL hockey heads-up. As of this morning, the toy train show was still a go... crazily. But, I think you right... heading home is probably the wise choice. I think the better team will ultimately win here, as the third period just started...

Comment

Harvard 35, Colgate 30, final SOG.
                    Harvard 2, Colgate 1, final score.
                    Pick your fave...
                    “we didn’t give up”
                    or
                    “too little, too late.”

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      US 20 is a bit easier anyway, at least for Harvard. Actually some decent non-interstates for Dartmouth to use in the Mohawk Valley.

Light snow in the 'cuse. Hopefully all have safe travels, as down that way can be a nasty one.
                      Rte 20 can be a monster. I doubt I'd recommend that route to anyone. The Bussy better know what he's doing.

So one goal on the weekend and no points in the ECAC standings. Harvard bottled us up defensively. The men tried hard but were up against a talented team. We will need to come out with fire next weekend vs the Big Red.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                        Rte 20 can be a monster. I doubt I'd recommend that route to anyone. The Bussy better know what he's doing.

So one goal on the weekend and no points in the ECAC standings. Harvard bottled us up defensively. The men tried hard but were up against a talented team. We will need to come out with fire next weekend vs the Big Red.
                        It doesn't seem quite as bad heading east as it does going west. Either way, safe travels for all parties concerned.

Comment

same old, same old...effort there, but simply not enough...now 3-8-1 at home with 12 goals scored...1 GOAL PER GAME...this is almost death by a thousand cuts, but a slow death to be sure...many of us started to see the problems developing in 2007, 2008, 2009, etc. No Stan Moore, No Andrew Dickson...as history has shown the good teams of 2013-14 and 2014-15 were exceptions, a function of a talented Class of 2016 that was NOT capitalized upon (note the Class of 2017, a 10-deep class that was, at best, subpar with all due respect to Kulevitch and Finn). We can continue along this path (looks like we're pretty well locked in to mediocrity over the next two years) or make an effort to change the culture...and frankly, watching 2-1 or 1-0 games on a constant basis is NOT going to be the greatest recruiting tool in the box...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            It doesn't seem quite as bad heading east as it does going west. Either way, safe travels for all parties concerned.
                            Heard on radio broadcast that Dartmouth is staying in Ithaca tonight.

Comment

Colgate Hockey...from 1992-93 season through 2005-06 season: 246-208-47 (.538 winning percentage), a fourteen-year period that includes Stan Moore as head coach in 2003-04...2006-07 season through loss against Harvard this afternoon: 189-238-58 (.449 winning percentage)...we're not talking a three or even a five year trend here folks...

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
                                Heard on radio broadcast that Dartmouth is staying in Ithaca tonight.
                                I don't blame them one bit. There's no good way from there to even Albany without highways, and you can forget the Catskills or even 13 up to Caz. At least Monday's a federal holiday where schools typically close, if they have to wait that long.

Comment

Working...
                                X