Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Originally posted by Gate83 View Post
    Saturday's game vs. Harvard moved to 3 PM in deference to the incoming storm. Maybe we score more goals during daylight hours?
    This is great,....but it would be nice to schedule some games in the afternoon when there's not a blizzard approaching. Driving 100 miles RT becomes a problem
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Adrian Clark in goal for Dartmouth.
      Mitch Benson in goal for Colgate.

Comment

Dartmouth 12, Colgate 11, SOG after first.
        Colgate 0, Dartmouth 0, score after first.
        Play pretty even.

Comment

Colgate 22, Dartmouth 19, SOG after second.
          Colgate 0, Dartmouth 0, after second.
          The game is much closer than the score indicates.

Comment

Colgate 28, Dartmouth 25, final SOG.
            Dartmouth 1, Colgate 0, final score.
            Frustrating.
            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-18-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

the bottom line (as it has been for almost 13 years) is that we are generally long on effort, short on talent...ELEVEN goals in ELEVEN home games this year...can you really blame people for not showing up...and my guess is that we could have scored 11 goals in 11 home games in Starr Rink and saved $38 million...enough already...clean house...

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                Colgate 28, Dartmouth 25, final SOG.
                Dartmouth 1, Colgate 0, final score.
                Frustrating.
                Thanks, Iowa, for the play by play tonite.

Comment

This is getting ridiculous. Iowa, did we actually come CLOSE to scoring?

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                    This is getting ridiculous. Iowa, did we actually come CLOSE to scoring?
                    Attendance was actually not too bad (I'm betting today it will be empty). Scoring chances last night were few & far between... for both teams. The one goal was an ugly one, saves were kind of routine... pretty boring overall. Women won at Harvard, there was more chatter about that than what was going on on the ice...

Comment

Magoo, I totally agree with Gate83... very few really quality chances, although there were a couple of pings off the pipes... maybe one for each team. As for the goal, I would love to have seen a replay. To me, it looked like a ton of guys were just bangin’ at it at Mitch’s feet... not even sure he saw it go in. The fact that it was unassisted just told me that the Big Green player was the last to bang at it. They did a video review, confirmed the goal, but then no replay on the big screen.
                      Apparently I didn’t see that right, here is what Big Green posted on the Dartmouth page...

“Wow, last night's game vs Colgate was as even as it gets with BG eeking out a 1-0 victory. Both goalies were outstanding (they both were the best players on the ice last night) with Clark being a bit better than Benson. I am sure Benson would like that goal back he gave up to Jasiek. I do not believe he was ready for it, given the angle of it, between the bottom of the circle and goal line. I think Jasiek's shot actually banked off Benson's far leg as he opened up to the butterfly and trickles in five hole. The goal is listed as unassisted but credit Rutherford for tying his D man and creating the turnover for Jasiek. Also it helps the Jasiek is left handed to help his angle of shot. I do not believe a righty would have scored there. Good call by the coaches to have Jasiek (winger) take the offensive draw vs Baker (center and righty).”
                      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-19-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

game was quite even, Dartmouth (perhaps having slightly better scoring opportunities) did hit two posts...McMann had 11 shots on goal and was all over the ice...puck movement on PP simply too slow, too many passes not on the tape...we are now the second to last scoring team in all of DI (Alabama-Huntsville passed us last night)...we have players who have logged a lot of ice time this year who have ZERO goals...the team competes, no question...coming up, let's see if we can improve our recent record against Cornell: 4 wins, 22 losses, 7 ties...I'm not holding my breath, sadly...

Comment

Speaking of McMann, as I was going down the elevator after the game, an usher told me that he took a ‘cheap shot’ at a Dartmouth player after the final buzzer. Then a Dartmouth friend texted me last night... “Yes he got a 5 min slashing and a 10 min game misconduct. I think that puts him out tomorrow.” Anybody know if any or all of that is true?
                          Regarding the weather, I am staying in Utica this weekend and, right now, the streets are clear and it is not snowing yet.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                            Speaking of McMann, as I was going down the elevator after the game, an usher told me that he took a ‘cheap shot’ at a Dartmouth player after the final buzzer. Then a Dartmouth friend texted me last night... “Yes he got a 5 min slashing and a 10 min game misconduct. I think that puts him out tomorrow.” Anybody know if any or all of that is true?
                            Regarding the weather, I am staying in Utica this weekend and, right now, the streets are clear and it is not snowing yet.
                            I saw most of what happened though I didn't catch what precipitated it. There was a mass of humanity along the right wing wall in Dartmouth's end at the end of the game. Guessing that's where it started as Dartmouth was trying to keep the puck on the wall. At one point I believe just after the horn McMann slashed a Dartmouth player on the side of the foot and he went down. Officials saw it immediately, grabbed him and took him to the locker room. He was kept out of the handshake line. Obviously something happened to bring that on but what I didn't see. Clear frustration in the play as well I gather.

Penalty was a slashing major and a game misconduct. He's fine to return tonight as it wasn't a DQ. If it had been a DQ then he would be automatically out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                              I saw most of what happened though I didn't catch what precipitated it. There was a mass of humanity along the right wing wall in Dartmouth's end at the end of the game. Guessing that's where it started as Dartmouth was trying to keep the puck on the wall. At one point I believe just after the horn McMann slashed a Dartmouth player on the side of the foot and he went down. Officials saw it immediately, grabbed him and took him to the locker room. He was kept out of the handshake line. Obviously something happened to bring that on but what I didn't see. Clear frustration in the play as well I gather.

Penalty was a slashing major and a game misconduct. He's fine to return tonight as it wasn't a DQ. If it had been a DQ then he would be automatically out tonight.
                              Yeah, that was it. Everyone was bunched up along the boards and I think the Dartmouth player may have pushed McMann over eagerly; I think it was pure frustration on McMann's part, not only for the ending but frustration that Gate could not put the puck in the net all game. McMann slashed the Dartmouth player's skates.

As to the goal, after 20 minutes of trying to get the game on ESPN+, I came in at the 8+ minute mark of the third and just as I got connected I saw the Big Green score the goal. It looked like a shot from the right winger ( a lefty) that somehow hit off a Dartmouth player - or even one of us - and thru Benson's 5-hole. The positive thing is that I saw the only goal of the game ( altho that's really a negative). The negative is that I continue to have problems with ESPN+ and miss 30-40 minutes of the final period :-/

Comment

Thanks, all, for the info on Bobby McMann.
                                And, obviously, John McGraw at Colgate Radio doesn’t need to worry about me taking over play-by-play. he he he
                                Apparently all New York State interstates are officially off-limits for motorcoaches and tractor-trailers starting at 3 p.m. today, so it could mean two-lane roads for the Dartmouth and Harvard team buses on their respective ways home. It is now snowing lightly in Utica.

Comment

Working...
                                X