Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

The ECAC Hockey website says Alex Brink of Hamilton, NY scored two first period goals in Brown's win over Union in the Three Rivers Classic. Is this for real, and if so was he ever recruited by Colgate? And if not, why not?
    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
      The ECAC Hockey website says Alex Brink of Hamilton, NY scored two first period goals in Brown's win over Union in the Three Rivers Classic. Is this for real, and if so was he ever recruited by Colgate? And if not, why not?
      Brink is a senior and has been at Brown for four years. He was the Mohawk Valley Player of the Year at Hamilton Central for Murray Decock as a junior in 2011. Learned to skate at Starr Rink. Also played for the Syracuse Stars and then Boston Jr. Bruins. Numbers wise, against non-HS competition, he was a late bloomer and didn't really have a breakout year until his final year of juniors. Committed to Brown in the summer of 2015 and then was there in the fall. At that point, Colgate was already set with its incoming class for 15-16. Up until this year, he's been ho-hum at Brown, in terms of scoring, though he was out most of his sophomore year with an injury.

Comment

Mitch Benson is in goal tonight on night one of the UMass-Lowell series.

Comment

Colgate 11, UMass Lowell 8, SOG after one.
          UMass Lowell 1, Colgate 0, score after one.
          We out-played and out-shot UML, but a defensive lapse cost us again.

Comment

Colgate 16, UMass Lowell 14, SOG after two.
            UMass Lowell 2, Colgate 0, score after two.
            We are playing well, just not well enough.

Comment

Colgate 25, UMass Lowell 17, final SOG.
              UMass Lowell 3, Colgate 0, final score.
              We played them tough, but it will still go in the record books as an ‘L.’
              Go ‘Gate.

Comment

Have we ever been shut out 6 times in a season before? And 4 times at home? I’m too lazy to look it up - I thought someone might know.

Comment

ESPN+ report: At times picture was so clear it beat my TV. Then it got fuzzy for a minute before reverting to clear. Camera work was a B+

I talked to ESPN+ on the phone this week and went through the drill for getting connected. But.....still had problems last night. After 20 minutes of having to get a new password, restart, and several screens that took me backwards, I finally got thru to the broadcast (by luck). But I missed half of the 2nd period...%$#@&^$$!! I am so ******ed. Why can't they just have a login that takes you straight to the game?? I know this is boring stuff for you people but I just had to rant.

Better puck luck tonite against UML. Go get 'em Gate!
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

boring game...two defensive mistakes - especially an egregious one late in the first period - cost us the game...BTW, what clown is providing us with "tweets" on the Colgate website...saw something like "Colgate is bombing the UMass-Lowell goal" during the second period...are you serious? We had something like 5 SOG, perhaps one a quality chance...come folks...if we're going to use social media show some professionalism and not rah-rah subjectivity...I'm 68 years old, not 12...

Comment

does anybody know the status of Jared Cockrell...concussion protocol?

Comment

Mitch Benson in goal again tonight.

Comment

The public address announcer might be better off introducing those in attendance rather than the starting line-ups. Midway through the first period and I just counted 208 adults on the Colgate bench side, those standing above them, and both ends. It does not include the Sullivan Suite, the sparsely-populated UMass Lowell side, nor both benches.

Comment

UMass Lowell 7, Colgate 5, SOG after one.
                            UMass Lowell 1, Colgate 0, score after one.
                            Defensive lapse. Goal against.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                              The public address announcer might be better off introducing those in attendance rather than the starting line-ups. Midway through the first period and I just counted 208 adults on the Colgate bench side, those standing above them, and both ends. It does not include the Sullivan Suite, the sparsely-populated UMass Lowell side, nor both benches.
                              That's not good at all. Was there some weather in the hills we didn't get up here in the 'cuse?

Comment

Colgate 16, UMass Lowell 12, SOG after two.
                                UMass Lowell 2, Colgate 0, score after two.
                                Defensive lapse. Goal against.

No bad weather. In fact, I am staying in a hotel north of Syracuse this weekend and it has been easy driving to/from each game.

Comment

Working...
                                X