Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Those Silver Puck banquets used to be a big deal. They were after the last home game of the regular season and they’ve had Gordie Howe and Raymond Bourque as guest speakers. Whit Willams was the driving force behind Silver Puck until he passed away. It needs that type of leadership.

Comment

A 50-50 raffle at each game would raise a lot of money, why was it turned down ? I know this is "apples to oranges but" Utica Comets games 50-50's sometimes hit 10-15,000 thousand dollars. Even 200-300 dollars a game would generate money for Silver Puck, I don't get it.

Also, until Roach(no comment) came, tickets were given out to the Hamilton store owners to disburse to the locals for football and hockey. What's worse than a half full rink that only holds 2200 people ?

I've been watching Gate hockey for fifty six years and I haven't seen such negativity maybe since the 1970's, very sad.
      Last edited by sshablak; 12-21-2018, 10:01 AM.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

God I hope not (the 1970s) because for those of us who went through that period the scars persist...it was awful and, at times, embarrassing...as cynical as I am, I think we can avoid a repeat of that decade, but top-to-bottom changes are necessary...and I do think that Casey and Moore are committed to getting this program back on its feet...a note of optimism from TheCoat, folks...surprise...

Comment

CU13 can you propose the 50/50 idea to the new AD? Maybe she will say yes.

Comment

And before we all jump off a cliff let’s remember we were in the ECAC championship game in 2014 and 15 and the NCAAs in 2014. It not like we’ve been watching 10-plus years of bad hockey. Yes we’re down right now but I don’t think it’s permanent.

Maybe Santa will give us some goals this Christmas.
            Last edited by Magoo; 12-22-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Magoo, I have thought about approaching Nikki with the 50/50 idea. I hesitate because it was my hope that the raffle would also be an introduction to Silver Puck for many of the fans and at this time, there is not much to tell them about SP or entice them into becoming members. For instance, at Cornell if you are a member of their fundraising club, the coach hosts a lunch on Friday before each home weekend to talk about the games. Other schools host similar events, with the players and coaches.

Comment

Then the next logical question is... how do Colgate hockey fans rejuvenate the Silver Puck Club so that there are many positive initiatives about which to talk?

Comment

At Starr there was a pre-game reception area for SP members....pretzels, beer, etc. Not sure if this has been renewed at '65 Arena or not, but it might be a way to recruit new donors. I've always thought SP members should be entitled to $1-$2 bucks off admission prices to games, (or even free admission). But apparently this has never been on the SP leaders' radar. I don't mind giving to the hockey program but it would be nice to receive something more than a form letter of thanks. A SP Club membership card could entitle members to certain benefits.
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

It used to be much fun to get a beer and meet n greet between periods. The rink initially was going to sell beer at the concession stand, I saw it listed on the wall above the window opening before the first game. It was painted over at the first game, nixed by some professors, I heard, not sure if this is fact. I'm not paying $500 so I can have a beer between periods like it is now. I have the funding necessary to get the room started up, There's a room above the student section in the corner that would be perfect. Let's get off our butts !

Comment

I am hoping everyone has a Merry Christmas, a Happy Holiday and an amazing New Year. Go 'Gate in 2019!!

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year... and Go ‘Gate.

Comment

+1

Merry Christmas everyone. Here's to some huge wins in 2019!!

Comment

Maybe our Christmas gift, Mathew Verboon 19 is expected to play for team Switzerland in this years Junior World's starting Thurs. Looks like good size at 6-1 #195 for the eighteen year old currently playing for BCHL's Salmon Silverbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                              Maybe our Christmas gift, Mathew Verboon 19 is expected to play for team Switzerland in this years Junior World's starting Thurs. Looks like good size at 6-1 #195 for the eighteen year old currently playing for BCHL's Salmon Silverbacks.
                              Shoots left. Seems to be leading S'backs in points with 29 in 31 games played = 13 G, 16 A, 0.94 PT/G. Good pick up.

Comment

Anybody else headed to the Island for the game vs. PWR #3? I will drive down on Friday and back on Sunday, and also visit a motorsports museum on Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing the long-time NHL arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X