Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Figured I would share some good news after informing you of more bad news, seems like a promising player - https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...atthew-verboon
    http://www.independentsportsnews.com...te-university/

Comment

On the eve of Turkey Day, I am thankful that Colgate University has a division-one men’s ice hockey team (one of only 60 in the nation) that plays in a beautiful new on-campus arena (with hand-railings) in picturesque Hamilton, N.Y., which is only 90 minutes from my home in historic Owego, N.Y.
      Otherwise I’d have to drive 30 minutes to see Cornell play at Lynah in Ithaca, N.Y. (and have to put up with all that crinkley-newspaper silliness on a regular basis).

Comment

LOL Iowa ! Happy Turkey Day everybody. Another recruit goalie, Carter Gyllander six foot three seventeen yr old from the AJHL.
        Last edited by sshablak; 11-22-2018, 08:04 AM.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I hate it that I will be missing my first ‘Gate games of the season this weekend at Harvard and Dartmouth. Instead, I will be spending the weekend in the North Country, watching Brown at Clarkson and then at Saint Lawrence. One of my Frozen Foursome is a Clarkson season ticket holder, so will spend quality time with him. I will try to watch Colgate on ESPN+ between periods, though. Go ‘Gate.

Comment

We're featured in the December 2018 issue of Rink magazine:
            https://t.co/8PBAMJkYu2
            Colgate '09

Comment

Nice little article. Thanks for posting
              ECAC Champions: 1990
              NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
              ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
              NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
              Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Iowa....you are such a wonderful fan! We are so lucky to have you among our midst, cheering for the team. I hope you have a great time with your friend in the North Country. I will be in Riggs this weekend, cheering on the women and at the football game cheering on the team. This weekend has the possibility to be HUGE for the athletic program. GO 'GATE!

Comment

Tomorrow's game at Dartmouth will be televised on NESN plus, for those who get it.
                  Colgate '09

Comment

I have a miserable head cold tonight so, to make my night complete, I decided against my better judgment to watch the Harvard game...after two periods I'm now worried about projectile vomiting from stomach issues...

Comment

Now 5-1. Can't watch anymore......
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

for a school that (justifiably) prides itself on academic and athletic achievement the men's ice hockey program is becoming an embarrassment...and, let me repeat, I do not blame the kids...it's time, actually well past time, to make top to bottom changes in this "emphasis" sport at The Gate...Nicki Moore has some tough decisions to make, but make she must...this has gone on long enough...

Comment

I came home from Riggs Rink, where the women avenged Clarkson, 4-1, tonight in a very well played game and watched the last period of the men's game vs. Harvard. I think the word - urgency - and lack of Colgate's is what hit home to me. I hurt for the boys. Best of luck tomorrow and safe home. Go 'Gate!

Comment

Sounds like another ‘ugly’ one.
                            I did not watch it between periods here at the Clarkson game, as I was enjoying visiting with my friend (who sat in his usual seat in the corner, and I am not crazy about that view). Clarkson easily dispatched Brown, 5-1, although it was an entertaining game for the first two periods.
                            The bright spot of the night for me was hearing that friend Cam Strong scored the game-winning goal for Dartmouth over Cornell. Cam’s father Doug, himself a former sprint car racer, is one of my Frozen Foursome. I hope Cam plays well on Saturday against Colgate, but not too well. Go ‘Gate.

Comment

analogy from last night? watching our football team play Georgetown...the differential level in terms of speed and skill was, frankly, jaw-dropping...do you blame some of these kids for de-committing? How would you as a 19 year old kid like to play for a team that has scored 13 goals in 12 games and draws 500/night in the new facility? Yes, de-commits occur, but over the years Colgate's has been generally immune to this practice...I doubt I'll go to Yale or Q-Pac this year...what for? To watch a 5-1 loss? I guess I'm just venting and talking to myself...apathy is in full bloom this winter, isn't it?

Comment

a gutsy tie is better than nothing...played better as game progressed...still not nearly enough time in offensive end...

Comment

Working...
                                X