• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Yep, Magoo definitely posted.

Comment

That was one hell of a hockey game! I agree with everything Iowa said. The boys played hard every minute of the game! Congrats to Cosgrove and Citron for their first goals of the season and congrats to everyone for a great game! GO 'GATE!!!!

Comment

Nice to see them finally get a win, and well deserved after this and a gutsy effort against Ohio State last weekend. I felt good about the possibility of a split this weekend, so naturally picked us to be Qpac instead. Big win for the Cats at Lynah, do they look past us a bit?

Also, re: ESPN+, I have had no issues. There's a small thing with sound, that is Radio's broadcast, not coming through, but I think that's a local production problem (rather than an ESPN issue). I recall the same issue in past seasons when the games were on Stadium or direct from the school. Otherwise, video comes up and is good. Is it maybe a speed/connection issue for some folks?
        ECAC Champions: 1990
        NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
        ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
        NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
        Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          Not only we couldn't hear the audio last week, tonight the video isn't coming in, I've just about had it.
          I had the same problem for much of the game.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Once the video came on I had no problems with the sound. It was getting past the "Free Week of ESPN+" ads that bothered me. There is no place to log in and just be taken straight to the game!! I mean is it so difficult for them to just let you log in with your password and take you to the game??!? :-/

Gate Radio's broadcast came in loud and clear with no glitches the entire game.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I don't know if anyone has posted this but Eric Ciccolini has de-committed

Mark Seidel tweeted this "Eric Ciccolini, the probable 2nd or 3rd round NHL Draft pick from the @OJHLJrCanadiens has de-committed from Colgate. Numerous high end school NCAA programs like Michigan, UND and UNH are in the hunt but there is plenty of OHL interest as well. GUE currently owns his rights."

Comment

Quinnipiac 12, Colgate 6, SOG after one.
                Quinnipiac 1, Colgate 0, score after one.
                Mitch Benson in goal.

Comment

Two-minute penalty against ‘Gate yielded one goal in that period.
                  Five-minute penalty against ‘Gate yielded two more goals.
                  I’m thinking that we may want to keep out of the penalty box when playing a team much better than us 5 on 5.
                  Quinnipiac 24, Colgate 12, SOG after two.
                  Quinnipiac 4, Colgate 0, score after two.

Comment

the quicker Nicki Moore, our new AD, makes a decision on MIH the better, unless you all continue to yearn for .400 hockey and 500 people in our new arena...having the pleasure of watching our football team compete with a top 30 DI program today, seeing them compete on even terms (if the refs had been only neutral) reinforces the stark differences between the overall operation of our men's hockey program vs. football (or soccer, or basketball, or whatever)...we've been more than patient over the past 12+ years (yes, well over one decade) and major changes must be implemented...I don't think there's any need to elaborate...

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                      I don't know if anyone has posted this but Eric Ciccolini has de-committed

Mark Seidel tweeted this "Eric Ciccolini, the probable 2nd or 3rd round NHL Draft pick from the @OJHLJrCanadiens has de-committed from Colgate. Numerous high end school NCAA programs like Michigan, UND and UNH are in the hunt but there is plenty of OHL interest as well. GUE currently owns his rights."
                      According to Heisenberg's listing he's only 165 lbs and 6' - much too small to play for Gate anyway....

Ugly second period....
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Quinnipiac 36, Colgate 21, final SOG.
                        Quinnipiac 5, Colgate 0, final score.

Five minutes into the game, I knew I wasn’t going to be getting free ice cream from Gilligan’s in Sherburne.

Wondering what the RIT game and the Miami (Ohio) finale were like? Ugly is a good word to describe each.

Comment

another de-commit? Scanlin de-commits in late September? Can you blame them? This program is in the toilet and, ONCE AGAIN, don't believe me, simply get a clue...12 goals in 11 games? Are you kidding me? So now UNH is "a high-end program"? Don't we have 2/3 of our wins against UNH? One record is in our sights: fewest goals/game in the history of NCAA DI hockey...we're well on our way...what an accomplishment...

Comment

Quinnipiac sweeps weekend slate, moves to 9-2

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ate-moves.html
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

There’s no way to sugar coat this: the program appears to be in shambles. As has been pointed out quite a bit over the past few years, Coach Vaughan is a good on-ice coach, but the recruiting is not even close to where it needs to be. We simply do not have enough viable Division 1 scorers. And this is not a new problem. Frankly, at this point hoping that something miraculously improves on that front without making substantial changes is irrational. Let’s be honest, we are headed for a ten win season if we’re lucky. When is enough enough?

Comment

And as if things are not bad enough, we have as many de-commits over the past six months as commits.

Let that sink in.

Comment

Working...
                                X