Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Then it probably does cost more. We do the same thing at RPI, where we have two tiers of game prices. The higher tier is for CCT, Union, Cornell, and Freakout
    In Starr's final season, tickets for the two non-conference games vs. Providence were given the "Cornell" surcharge because they won the National Championship.
    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      They charge either $1 or $2 a seat more for Cornell, I forget.
      Sounds about par for the course.

Comment

Price wouldn't matter much if, frankly, we were winning more and scoring a few goals (at least more than 1.11/game)...Arizona State now ranked #18 in country and well deserved...

Comment

$17 for Cornell, according to the website. Fac/staff/students get in free to all games (1 ticket per student, up to 3 for fac/staff), & they still don't go.

Comment

My point is that price can’t (shouldn’t) be a factor in attendance now. Whether the home team is 2-6-1 or 9-0, scoring one goal a game or ten goals a game, $12 is very inexpensive for an NCAA d-1 men’s college ice hockey game. Period.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Cornell/Colgate

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...llcolgate.html
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

The point I'm trying to make is that charging $12 is not in line with the demographics of the Hamilton and surrounding area. Sure, you can charge $23 or $500 in Minneapolis or Omaha, but that won't fly in central NY. Our fan base is made up of locals, alums, faculty, parents, maybe a few students, etc. We don't pull in people from a metropolitan area, nor do we have a school of 15,000 students. Utica and Syracuse have AHL teams and have their own local fan base. They are unlikely to travel to Hamilton (unless we are ranked in the top 5 and doing really well). You have to fit the tix price to the surrounding area of fans, and IMHO I think $12 is too much for '65 Arena, especially with a middling team. Lower it to $8-10 and maybe.....just maybe....we would pull in more bodies.
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Trust me, when I drive from Owego to Hamilton and back on Highway 26, I realize that I am not in Omaha anymore. But, you’re helping prove my point... the problem isn’t Price, it’s (lack of) Population in the immediate area. I don’t think you’d get (m)any more people at five dollars a head; you’d just bring in less revenue. If it were me, I think I would try more Promotion in Syracuse and Utica. When I drive to Ithaca from Owego, I see a Cornell Hockey billboard every season in another rural area. I don’t remember the last time I saw a Colgate Hockey billboard (men’s or women’s). Well, I am sure we’ll go to our deathbeds disagreeing on this subject, about which we are both passionate. Go ‘Gate.

Comment

Wow. The Colgate Raiders had a great first period tonight.
                    Princeton 12, Colgate 8, SOG after one.
                    Princeton 0, Colgate 0, score after one.
                    Mitch Benson played very well.
                    And the whole team played with a ton of confidence.
                    Whatever team leadership worked on this week, well, it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                      The point I'm trying to make is that charging $12 is not in line with the demographics of the Hamilton and surrounding area. Sure, you can charge $23 or $500 in Minneapolis or Omaha, but that won't fly in central NY. Our fan base is made up of locals, alums, faculty, parents, maybe a few students, etc. We don't pull in people from a metropolitan area, nor do we have a school of 15,000 students. Utica and Syracuse have AHL teams and have their own local fan base. They are unlikely to travel to Hamilton (unless we are ranked in the top 5 and doing really well). You have to fit the tix price to the surrounding area of fans, and IMHO I think $12 is too much for '65 Arena, especially with a middling team. Lower it to $8-10 and maybe.....just maybe....we would pull in more bodies.
                      And even then, Crunch tickets are around $20 each, last I checked. They might be a couple bucks more.

The Starr prices were certainly reasonable. And aside from the anomaly of the Friday playoff game, I haven't seen much of a difference in attendance. So I'm inclined to agree with IBT. It'd be nice if you could get syracuse.com to write about the team every once in a while. I know it's a tough sell vs. SU, and although their basketball tickets aren't that much in comparison, they have heavy promotion and the backing of the city.

Comment

Not only we couldn't hear the audio last week, tonight the video isn't coming in, I've just about had it.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

great effort tonight by the whole team all over the ice...Benson very solid, again...need Cockerell and/or Snodgrass back fairly soon...passing needs to get better, both on passing and receiving end, but a very good win...DV does know how to coach against his pupil...hoping Princeton takes down Cornell tomorrow night...

Comment

Very good, gritty win tonite; team looks faster than a few games ago. Beauty of a goal by Ken Citron. Gotta bring this intensity again tomorrow nite.

I'm with ya Shabby. ESPN+ takes so long to get to the game; I have to jump thru hoops to get past all their messages and miss most of the first few minutes of the game. Is anyone else having these problems?
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Great Win tonight !!! Gritty, never gave up !!!
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I’m speechless. I have no idea what went on behind closed doors this past week, but tonight’s team looked totally different (than pre-OSU) and played three solid periods of hockey. Goal called off? Doesn’t matter. We had the confidence to get it back.
                                Colgate 2, Princeton 1, was the final score.
                                Princeton 34, Colgate 27, final SOG.
                                It really was a great advertisement for college hockey, too.
                                Congrats Colgate Raiders staff and players. We needed that W. And totally deserved it.
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-17-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X