Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Ohio State scored 15 seconds left in period.
    OSU 2, Colgate 0, after two.
    OSU 31, Colgate 13, SOG after two.

Comment

Ohio State 46, Colgate 20, final SOG.
      Ohio State 3, Colgate 0, final score.
      ENG.
      Mitch Benson didn’t deserve that onslaught.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        OK...I'm watching on ESPN+ AND ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN'T HEAR MCGRAW WITH THE PLAY BY PLAY. HOW CAN THEY BE SO UNPROFESSIONAL ? EVERY WEEK IT'S THE SAME. IT'S BECOMING A JOKE. HOW CAN WXKZ CONTINUE TO DO THIS EVERY WEEK ?
        It's ESPN's call; they probably don't want to buy a radio commentary, nor would the radio station want to give up their rights to it.

Comment

first of all, don't start with the "injury excuse"...except for the 2014-15 we've been relatively fortunate on the injury front over the last decade...Bottom Line: after we go through a 10 to 12 win season this year it's time to cannibalize the entire MIH program from top to bottom...enough is enough...12 1/2 years is enough, even for the perennial "optimists" out there...without Benson this game could have been 4 or 5 to nothing...10 goals in 8 games...how many actual people were dumb enough to watch another disappointing example of how Colgate can continue to present a really substandard MIH (as opposed to Men's Basketball, Men's Soccer, Football, etc.)...$38 million for this? It's not the kids fault; as painful and as difficult as this is we all know what's necessary...and believe me it gives me no joy to say this...it's time to move on NOW or in the immediate future...let's be honest PLEASE...

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            OK...I'm watching on ESPN+ AND ONCE AGAIN YOU CAN'T HEAR MCGRAW WITH THE PLAY BY PLAY. HOW CAN THEY BE SO UNPROFESSIONAL ? EVERY WEEK IT'S THE SAME. IT'S BECOMING A JOKE. HOW CAN WXKZ CONTINUE TO DO THIS EVERY WEEK ?
            I could hear the crowd and band more than the play by play during the first, it got better in the later periods.
            I know Ohio State fans are ones to talk about attendance but is your barn normally that empty?

Comment

and for those of you who look at a turd in the road and think it's steak tartare, I can assure you that our recruiting evaluations out 2-3 years are mediocre at best...for starters, can we try and recruit outside the province of Alberta? There are only some many Bobby McManns available? Fogarty and Greg Carvel are two more coaches outdoing us in Ontario and God Knows what we're doing (or not doing) in the USHL...as I said many, many years ago does our hockey coach have some problem trying to get kids from that league...well we're up to three on the roster...better than the usual 1 or 2, only 80 to 90 per cent less than most teams in DI...

Comment

what's worse than not responding to tough (but I think historically accurate) criticism is APATHY...let's face it, no one gives a s*** anymore...

Comment

Green Coat, I’m actually so frustrated and angry that I’m trying to gather my thoughts to post. Will probably do so later this weekend after tonight’s game.

I will say this, I looked back at last season’s thread because I thought I posted that this team would be lucky to win 10 games. Unfortunately, I think that may prove accurate.

More soon . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                    what's worse than not responding to tough (but I think historically accurate) criticism is APATHY...let's face it, no one gives a s*** anymore...
                    "Don't give up the ship" - John Paul Jones. "Look on the Brighter Side of Life" - Albert Camus. It's too early to throw in the towel Green and Marmot. The team could be playing possum, so our foes in the ECAC think we're a bottom feeder, when in fact we are a terrific, potent team just waiting for league play to start. We're trying out some experiments in lines against OOC opponents. Stay calm.
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

ColSkate65...I admire your passion and loyalty...and we are NOW dealing with some significant injuries...believe me (because I bleed maroon as well) I hope I am dead wrong, but I just don't see it...again, let me emphasize, these kids give their all, they never quit, and they're quality young men...their commitment and their effort is not the issue; the problem lies somewhere else...

Comment

Hockeybuckeye, last year we averaged 1,350 attendance out of 2,250 capacity in the new on-campus Class of 1965 Arena. That was good for 51st out of 60 NCAA division-1 men’s ice hockey programs.

Comment

Ohio State 8, Colgate 8, SOG, after one.
                          Scoreless after one.
                          Mitch Benson in goal.
                          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-10-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

One of our best periods of the year, in my opinion ... we were aggressive, we were physical, we were fast, we killed penalties, we played The Ohio State University even.
                            Ohio State 23, Colgate 18, SOG after two.
                            Scoreless after two.

Comment

I know a loss is a Loss, whether by 1 goal or 6.
                              I know bad bounces aren’t an excuse.
                              I also know we played 2018 Frozen Four participant Ohio State extremely tough this afternoon.
                              We are still in for a l-o-n-g season, but today was encouraging.
                              Mitch Benson played very well.
                              Ohio State 34, Colgate 25, final SOG.
                              Ohio State 1, Colgate 0, final score.

Comment

great effort by a team quite short at the forward position...but the bottom line is TEN goals in 9 games...they are well coached, their effort is always there...no one should really question these attributes...the approval and eventual completion of the new facility should've been the START of the process of improvement, not the conclusion...recruiting has been unacceptable from the standpoint of speed and skill...and I don't see it getting much better

Comment

Working...
                                X