Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Kent's son is good- sized and relatively young...but he was the 10th leading scorer on the Ottawa Jr. Senators with only 27 points in 55 games...

Comment

Nice to get a Cornell legacy!!! Can't wait to meet him and watch him play.
      On another topic, tonight is the hockey "banquet" attended by the players and coaches only. This has been the norm for the past few years. To me, it is a lost opportunity for fans to mingle with the team and show their support.....and a whole host of other issues. Doing a slow burn!!

Comment

CU13, hold it...
        You’re telling me that I went to 17 home games and 15 away games (including Ohio and Long Island) this season and I didn’t get an opportunity to attend the post-season awards banquet? Dang! I knew I should have been more loyal and attended the Dartmouth-Harvard and Princeton-Quinnipiac ‘away weekend’ games. he he he

Comment

Originally posted by CU13 View Post
          Nice to get a Cornell legacy!!! Can't wait to meet him and watch him play.
          On another topic, tonight is the hockey "banquet" attended by the players and coaches only. This has been the norm for the past few years. To me, it is a lost opportunity for fans to mingle with the team and show their support.....and a whole host of other issues. Doing a slow burn!!
          This brings up another gripe. Does the team have a time when fans can just mingle with the team and get to know the players, coaches, & meet the rookies, etc. before the season starts? It would be great for the fans, and the team would get some bonding with their alumni/locals/and just plain followers. By having fans show some support in this way, it can only make the team realize that what they do matters; that all their hard work is appreciated throughout the season, and that we are there to see them play and provide support. Perhaps I'm missing something here; is this already on the yearly schedule? I can't recall seeing such an event as part of the Silver Puck outreach.
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

ColSkate65...….not to my knowledge. One year at Homecoming, the team had a tent and were available to talk to the fans. I don't believe it has been done since.
            There are a lot of improvements to be made to the way Silver Puck operates, in my opinion. That won't change until we have a new SP President - also my opinion. I also believe more needs to be done for the season ticket holders. Take a look at what some of the other schools' support groups do.
            In other news, Darcy Murphy '16 became the first Belfast Giant to score 50 goals in a season!!! The Giants are in the playoffs over in Ireland. Kyle Baun '16 is also on the team. Go 'Gate!!

Comment

I will make the offer again, to whom it may concern...
              If the Silver Puck committee needs a volunteer, I am more than willing.
              I have 19 years experience as executive director of a 501(c)(3) national non-profit, and another 9 years as museum curator of the same organization.
              Plus, I am now retired, have time, and am passionate about college hockey and the Colgate men’s ice hockey program.

Comment

Most of you probably already know this, but here are the award winners from the Team Banquet -
                Best Offensive player - Bobby McMann
                Steve Riggs award - Josh McKechney
                Dan Coley award - Trevor Cosgrove
                Terry Slater award - Rory McGuire
                Rob Ries award - Rory McGuire
                Whit Williams award - Tyler Penner
                Best Defensive player - Mitch Benson
                Coaches Award - Willie Brooks
                ECAC Student Athlete Finalist - Ken Citron

Comment

Iowa - you may have already done this but you might want to write to Silver Puck. I think the address is 13 Oak Drive Hamilton 13346.

Comment

Magoo, thanks. Will do next week. I will drive tomorrow to Buffalo to meet up with Alaska Mike, Clarkson Doug, Buffalo Dave, Dartmouth Doug & Dartmouth Cam. Will cheer for Massachusetts and Duluth on Thursday, but expect to see Duluth defeat Denver on Saturday night. We will likely catch Binghamton at Rochester AHL on the off-day.

Comment

Iowa, you never cease to amaze !
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Anyone know who the captains are for next season? They were not announced in the email release I received about the banquet. Thx.

Comment

Yesterday’s semi-final games in Buffalo were both great advertisements for college hockey (and you don’t always get that at the Frozen Four). The Duluth game’s final score certainly wasn’t indicative of the closeness of the game, and Massachusetts’ overtime goal was a bullet (no need to video-review that one).
                          I am attending the games with my usual cast of characters... Alaska Mike, Clarkson Doug, Buffalo Dave and former sprint car racer Doug Strong. And Doug’s son, Dartmouth player Cam Strong, making his first Frozen Four appearance. It always surprises me that more student-athletes from non-participating schools don’t attend. If you want to whet your appetite for participating in the national championship, just take in a Frozen Four in-person. Cam definitely wants to come back... with his gear.
                          I also saw coach Dave Smith in the elevator on the way out and I congratulated him on his efforts at starting to turn RPI’s program around. I have been a believer in his talents since seeing (and meeting) him when he was Canisius’ coach at the Fairbanks tourney a couple of years ago (when my beloved Dean Blais-led Omaha was also there). Dave Smith was walking out last night with the father of a Colgate women’s hockey player, with the dad being amongst a handful of ‘Gate supporters that I saw yesterday. The Frozen Four continues to have great atmosphere, even if attendance is a bit down again (13k instead of 18k). Go ‘Gate.
                          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 04-12-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Lot of empty seats in Buffalo yesterday 8-(

Comment

October 11-12, 2019... Miami at Colgate.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                                October 11-12, 2019... Miami at Colgate.
                                Positive; football also home that weekend, vs. Bucknell. Negative; it's break week for the students. Not that they show up anyway...

Comment

Working...
                                X