Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

A couple more thoughts...
    I thought tonight was our best game of the regular season, which includes the two wins over New Hampshire.
    And, to GreenCoat’s point, our boys never give up and they didn’t tonight. Other than possibly the opening period at RIT, with the big orange crowd, they don’t seem to get rattled either.
    As a veteran coach once said, “we just need to manufacture some offense.”

Comment

One thing is for certain, we do have a goalie, seventy six saves and three goals given up over the two games. The boys are trying so hard, they hit the pipe in the last minute yesterday, a tough game to lose against the #7 team in the country.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Brandon Scanlin, a 6'3", 190-pound defenseman with the Brooks Bandits (40 points in 60 games last year; 9 points in 11 games this year) committed to Colgate in November, 2017...one and a half months ago he DE-COMMITS and will now be attending UNO - Omaha next year...now de-commits are not unusual, but...we have two Brooks Bandits on our roster (Cockrell and McKegney) and another one (Arnaud Vachon) coming next year...this is potentially not a good sign folks...

Comment

UGHHHH!!! BLANKED AT HOME IN BACK-TO-BACK GAMES!!!!!!!!

Last week I commented about not having Colton Point potentially costing us a win. I was wrong. Mitch Benson has been good so far. But since the start of 2016-17 we've collapsed on offense. Maybe the players don't like the goal horn in the new rink?
          Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
            UGHHHH!!! BLANKED AT HOME IN BACK-TO-BACK GAMES!!!!!!!!

Last week I commented about not having Colton Point potentially costing us a win. I was wrong. Mitch Benson has been good so far. But since the start of 2016-17 we've collapsed on offense. Maybe the players don't like the goal horn in the new rink?
            I much preferred the police siren at Starr myself compared to your new horn. FlagDUDETTE also preferred Starr, but for other reasons...

Comment

Don’t they also play that stupid Blackhawks goal song when we score? Last time I was at a game our band only played the Colgate fight song at the end of the period. Not even when the team came onto the ice at the start of the game or after we scored. What’s up with that?
              Last edited by Magoo; 11-11-2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

can we please talk some SUBSTANCE here...or is that too painful?

Comment

I think the band can have a positive impact on the atmosphere in the building, which in turn could have a positive influence on a potential recruit who may be at the game. The band should be encouraged to play as much as possible.

As far as attendance, when I was in high school Slater would have free tickets available at the school for anyone who wanted them, just to get people in the building. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                    I think the band can have a positive impact on the atmosphere in the building, which in turn could have a positive influence on a potential recruit who may be at the game. The band should be encouraged to play as much as possible.

As far as attendance, when I was in high school Slater would have free tickets available at the school for anyone who wanted them, just to get people in the building. Just a thought.
                    I did notice, once they built the new arena, that admission prices just about doubled. I can understand if they're trying to regain capital, not to mention there are league minimums during the playoffs, but it becomes a bit prohibitive to bring an entire family, and it really is the youths that will gain maximum joy from these experiences, not to mention will drive concession sales, which is where you REALLY should focus if you're trying to drive revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I did notice, once they built the new arena, that admission prices just about doubled. I can understand if they're trying to regain capital, not to mention there are league minimums during the playoffs, but it becomes a bit prohibitive to bring an entire family, and it really is the youths that will gain maximum joy from these experiences, not to mention will drive concession sales, which is where you REALLY should focus if you're trying to drive revenue.
                      Ditto. I was surprised the hockey prices went up to $12.00/per. If you want to get fannies in the seats and build a base of followers you've gotta raise things slowly. I forget what the tix price was at Starr but it wasn't that bad IMO. As Flag says, it's all about families, children, and locals who will be hurt, and these are the ones in the Hamilton area who can make it to games.

Tough w/e coming up with the Tigers and QU. We've gotta be on our game against a fearsome Princeton squad. If we get a split I'll be happy.
                      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

ECAC Hockey is incredibly cheap.
                        $500 at Omaha bought me a lower bowl season ticket (new arena three years ago).
                        $500 at Colgate buys me a seat in Sullivan Suite with complimentary dinner buffet (new arena last year).
                        I just looked... Arizona State at Omaha is $30 lower bowl and $20 upper bowl. That is a non-conference game.
                        And don’t even get me started on Minnesota regular season home game ticket costs. Or the Frozen Four.
                        $12 (or even $15) isn’t the reason for our poor attendance.
                        P.S.- I just looked... Saint Lawrence at Minnesota ranges from $21-35. Wisconsin at Minnesota ranges from $50-70. Those are per-game ticket costs.
                        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-14-2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                          ECAC Hockey is incredibly cheap.
                          $500 at Omaha bought me a lower bowl season ticket (new arena three years ago).
                          $500 at Colgate buys me a seat in Sullivan Suite with complimentary dinner buffet (new arena last year).
                          I just looked... Arizona State at Omaha is $30 lower bowl and $20 upper bowl. That is a non-conference game.
                          And don’t even get me started on Minnesota regular season home game ticket costs. Or the Frozen Four.
                          $12 (or even $15) isn’t the reason for our poor attendance.
                          P.S.- I just looked... Saint Lawrence at Minnesota ranges from $21-35. Wisconsin at Minnesota ranges from $50-70. Those are per-game ticket costs.
                          Notre Dame is $23 each.
                          Also, FWIW, $12 is the ECAC minimum during the playoffs. Schools that charge more may do so.
                          Do you guys charge more for the Cornell game?

Comment

Flag Dude 08... as I have a season ticket, I don’t know about the Cornell game ticket price, but I would expect it to be more. It is the only game that is invalid for our value-added Flex Pass.
                            It has been my experience that most Midwestern teams charge on a sliding-scale, depending on the individual opponent. While I am not crazy about that strategy, I certainly understand it. With the technology today, you can charge differing ticket prices by a variety of factors (opponent, day of game, seat location, time of sale, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                              Flag Dude 08... as I have a season ticket, I don’t know about the Cornell game ticket price, but I would expect it to be more. It is the only game that is invalid for our value-added Flex Pass.
                              It has been my experience that most Midwestern teams charge on a sliding-scale, depending on the individual opponent. While I am not crazy about that strategy, I certainly understand it. With the technology today, you can charge differing ticket prices by a variety of factors (opponent, day of game, seat location, time of sale, etc.).
                              Then it probably does cost more. We do the same thing at RPI, where we have two tiers of game prices. The higher tier is for CCT, Union, Cornell, and Freakout. Lower is for everything else, and then the playoffs is the ECAC mandated minimum. If you know you're going to get a good crowd through the gate considering both home and away, why not bring a little more revenue in? A couple more bucks isn't going to stop them. The family can enjoy a non-con game. And heck, why not bring the matinee price down a little bit? That way you can actually advertise it as "bring the whole family". I've seen that done in the NHL. Heck, the Crunch also do higher pricing when Rochester and Utica are in town.

Comment

They charge either $1 or $2 a seat more for Cornell, I forget.
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X