• Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Colgate 30, Clarkson 19, final SOG.
    Clarkson 2, Colgate 1, final score.
    Very good game.

Comment

Played much better than Friday. Would love all of these forwards on our 3rd line. How tired was the McMann/McChechney/Snodgrass line at the end of the game? Hands on their knees, but stayed out since they might at least generate a chance at scoring...

Comment

Colgate-Saint Lawrence recap...
        https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2019/2/8/mens-ice-hockey-raiders-earn-3-2-win-over-st-lawrence.aspx

Colgate-Clarkson recap...
        https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2019/2/9/mens-ice-hockey-sharf-scores-in-second-half-strike.aspx

Comment

Since your radio guy posts here, I thought he would like to see these posts from the Clarkson Roundatble:

On another note, the Colgate announcer was one of the best announcers of college hockey that I've heard. Biased for the home team a bit but very knowledgeable and thorough in his preparation

and, Colgate announcer was the best I've heard since Bob stopped doing games. His home bias was almost unnoticeable and he was very enjoyable to listen to throughout
          Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
          Clarkson 1990

Comment

drshoen - Thank you for posting those remarks on our announcer, John. He does an amazing job and does it alone.....play by play, color, etc,!! He clearly does his homework before each game. We are so lucky to have him!!
            Last edited by CU13; 02-11-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I'll second CU13's remarks...John has knowledge and, frankly, it's been a tough road over the past several years...he's informative, fair and great on the play-by-play...

Comment

Almost everyone is picking us to lose to Brown in the ECAC Pick 'em thread. No disrespect to the Bears, but they've only had ONE home playoff series in the past 13 years. Have we fallen THIS low?
                Colgate '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                  Almost everyone is picking us to lose to Brown in the ECAC Pick 'em thread. No disrespect to the Bears, but they've only had ONE home playoff series in the past 13 years. Have we fallen THIS low?
                  Brown is something like 5-2 in its last 7 including potting 8 goals in last weekend's sweep of Princeton and Q'Pac. They are playing well at the moment.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Brown was a much more formidable opponent that Yale last weekend.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                      Brown fan checking in – we’re 9-4-2 since November with two wins over Union and a win over Quinnipiac. We’ve also won four of our last five in the past three weeks, all on the road. I watched the game up at your barn last fall and thought our two teams were fairly similar in talent; but given their current trajectories, I’m not surprised to see most people picking us. I also won’t be that shocked if Colgate pulls off a road win (disappointed, maybe, but not shocked).

Comment

Checking in from Bridgeport’s Webster Bank Arena for this morning’s RIT at Sacred Heart game. 11:05 a.m. start, then on to New Haven for tonight’s Colgate at Yale contest.
                        My personal strategy for the ECAC Pick’em contest is to pick against Colgate. If they win, I am thrilled. If they lose, then I gained in the contest. For me personally, it’s a win-win strategy. he he he
                        Go ‘Gate.

Comment

Mitch Benson led the Raiders on the ice for tonight’s contest against Yale at the Whale (Ingalls Rink in New Haven, Conn.).

Comment

Yale 11, Colgate 4, SOG after one.
                            Colgate 0, Yale 0, score after one.
                            Typical of our style this year...
                            Outplayed and outshot, but Mitch has kept us in it.
                            We are still doing a good job with faceoffs.

Comment

Yale 22, Colgate 11, SOG after two.
                              Yale 1, Colgate 0, score after two.
                              More of the same.

Comment

"More of the same..." With the exception of perhaps three years this explanation has been accurate for the past 14 years...many of my friends are at the game...since I am traveling tomorrow morning, staying home and watching this farce on the screen was a good excuse...

Comment

Working...
                                X