Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Many of us are, indeed, disappointed with the direction of the program...but as I have said ad nauseam, there are both short-term and a long-term issues here. My overriding concern is the long-term (almost 13 years) where our overall winning percentage (and frankly level of competitiveness) has dropped dramatically from a successful run from 1992-93 through 2005-06...I have confidence in both our President and (relatively new) AD to address this problem. Appert, I know, was a hot property way back when and Fridgen was let go with a record tangibly over .500. I think we have to look for a younger staff (for a number of reasons) and it does look like it will take some time...I think all of us are willing to be patient, but turning a hockey program around at the college level is not necessarily a 5-year proposition...it's tougher now as both Yale and Princeton have upgraded their programs since 2005-06 and Q-Pac will be good as long as Pecknold is around. What does bother me is that as the years go by the histories of RPI, SLU and Colgate (the contributions to the school, their success at being a path to pro hockey, and their success on the managerial side of pro hockey) will diminish. And finally a little more $$$ to the coaches - especially assistant coaches - might help...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
      Many of us are, indeed, disappointed with the direction of the program...but as I have said ad nauseam, there are both short-term and a long-term issues here. My overriding concern is the long-term (almost 13 years) where our overall winning percentage (and frankly level of competitiveness) has dropped dramatically from a successful run from 1992-93 through 2005-06...I have confidence in both our President and (relatively new) AD to address this problem. Appert, I know, was a hot property way back when and Fridgen was let go with a record tangibly over .500. I think we have to look for a younger staff (for a number of reasons) and it does look like it will take some time...I think all of us are willing to be patient, but turning a hockey program around at the college level is not necessarily a 5-year proposition...it's tougher now as both Yale and Princeton have upgraded their programs since 2005-06 and Q-Pac will be good as long as Pecknold is around. What does bother me is that as the years go by the histories of RPI, SLU and Colgate (the contributions to the school, their success at being a path to pro hockey, and their success on the managerial side of pro hockey) will diminish. And finally a little more $$$ to the coaches - especially assistant coaches - might help...
      You speak wisely in that this is not an overnight fix. However, 5 years is definitely enough time, as that is the time necessary for a coach to bring in all of their players and fully put their style into practice. I wouldn't worry too much about what the competition is doing, as everyone is wanting to do these sorts of changes and upgrades across the country; it's the nature of warriors. What matters is that you build your school's program into your vision, and let the scouting commence once everything is in place.

Comment

Mitch Benson led the PWR #44 Colgate on the ice, to face PWR #59 Saint Lawrence (of 60 programs).

Comment

Colgate 8, Saint Lawrence 6, SOG after one.
          Colgate 2, Saint Lawrence 1, score after one.
          Penalties a problem for both teams.
          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-08-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Colgate 17, Saint Lawrence 16, SOG after two.
            Colgate 3, Saint Lawrence 1, after two.
            We’ll take these goals any way we can get ‘em tonight.

Comment

two worst teams in the ECAC and you can see why...we're lucky to be ahead by two goals...frankly, the play is so bad one has to question whether our ice surface is any good (I heard there were some problems in the past)...a win would be nice, but, in the long run it doesn't change anything...patience, they say, is a virtue...too much patience is a vice...

Comment

lucky to win...EAG by SLU not a surprise since, essentially, we're killing a penalty...again, we BACK into the goal, no pressure at all...who's the genius coaching our penalty kill? Frankly, my time on ESPN+ would've been better served by watching the Central Michigan - Buffalo wrestling match...BTW, great win for lacrosse team over 'Cuse and our NEW YOUNG FORMER ASSISTANT COACH AT NOTRE DAME...is anybody listening?

Comment

Saint Lawrence 25, Colgate 21, final SOG (I think).
                  Colgate 3, Saint Lawrence 2, final score.
                  This Win was not pretty, by any means.
                  At times it looked like the Keystone Kops playing an intrasquad game.
                  But... we’ll take it and go forward.

Comment

That 59th minute had me reaching for the Malox. (....and simultaneously I had to watch the Rangers lose to Carolina 3-0....yuk)

Brown is now 1 game below .500 Who knew?
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Mitch Benson in the nets tonight vs. Clarkson.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                        That 59th minute had me reaching for the Malox. (....and simultaneously I had to watch the Rangers lose to Carolina 3-0....yuk)

Brown is now 1 game below .500 Who knew?
                        Want something even more freaky? AIC is in first in the AHC.

Comment

Clarkson 9, Colgate 7, SOG after one.
                          Clarkson 1, Colgate 0, score after one.
                          We were out-played from the opening face-off.

Comment

too bad...one of the better periods I've seen all year...pretty well dominated the period but Clarkson has the skill players and it showed on the second goal...once again effort can't be questioned...ability to score can and 1.4 goals/game is pathetic...

Comment

We need to have someone who can put the puck in the net, they have played well tonight outside the first 5 min of the game

Comment

Colgate 19, Clarkson 13, SOG after two.
                                Clarkson 2, Colgate 0, score after two.
                                Good period. Late goal against.

Comment

Working...
                                X