• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

Ugh!!

Comment

nice of us to give Niagara their first o-o-c win for the year...and the 2 goals tonight raises our goals/game from 1.15 to 1.21...I frankly don't care if we're facing Ken Dryden in the nets every night 17 goals in 14 games is beyond unacceptable...and our best incoming recruit just re-committed to Michigan...all in all I should be happy I'm a Browns fan...didn't even watch the game...

Comment

are we all suffering from apathy or depression, or both?

Comment

I’m still here, supporting the team by going to all their games this season (‘cept the two last weekend). In fact, I just purchased my Nassau County Veterans Coliseum tix this past week for the Saturday, December 29, game against Quinnipiac. And I packed a second pair of rose-colored glasses in my mini-van, just in case I forget my first pair.

Comment

Thanks for the update Iowa. It's good to see what a great Colgate hockey fan you are, attending all games, home and away. It's the true testament of a die hard fan to go to all the games despite the "problematic" season we're having.

Was not able to see the last half of the game as ESPN+ failed again. I want my money back! :-((

Let's bring back a W tonight!
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I suppose if I had an endless bank account and was retired that I would travel a bit like iowa does, despite our awful annual record.

From our Coach after last night's loss:

"We've given away too many late-period goals like that, so it's familiar to us unfortunately...
              "We need to keep plugging, because our effort was great, just need to get a couple of bounces and get something positive...
              "You get away from your structure, your game, and that's what happened...

Thx Coach, it's all so clear to me now.
              I'm afraid our recruiting will never improve - and our record with it - with Vaughan behind the bench.

Congrats to the football team on a memorable season.
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Colgate 8, Niagara 3, SOG after one.
                Scoreless tie after one.
                Rather uninspired play by both teams.
                Andrew Farrier in goal for ‘Gate.

Comment

Colgate 31, Niagara 11, SOG after two.
                  Colgate 1, Niagara 0, score after two.
                  Third period opens with 5 on 3 advantage for Colgate for a minute-and-half.
                  Solid second period, but we still need to finish it off.

Comment

Nice win and effort by the team tonight. Congrats to Andrew Farrier for his first career win and shutout.

Comment

Got the split. Maybe something to build on?

Comment

Got excited about the 2-0 shutout win and forgot to look at the final SOG, but we dominated the third period.
                        It was just a solid performance, but never really totally out of reach for Niagara. My sis, best friend and I all thought Niagara scored in the third, but video review said no goal. I miss the Jumbotron in those circumstances. Niagara pulled their goalie with four minutes to go in the third, and our captain took another penalty, but we survived.
                        They certainly needed that win prior to the break.
                        I went to the post-game press conference each night, and really appreciated the opportunity to ask the Niagara coach (and players last night) questions. Coach Jason Lammers said that Niagara will not be going to Hamilton next year for a weekend series (as I thought might be the case).
                        Several Canadian parents of Colgate players in the crowd tonight, which makes sense for a Saturday night game on the border.

Comment

better forecheck, better flow...but have to agree with TchrBill (and it has taken me a long time to get to this point)...sadly, I think 12 1/2 years of 44% winning hockey is not acceptable...we're not talking 3 years, or even 5...again, the approval, construction and subsequent opening of our new rink should've been the START of the process of elevating our talent level...it hasn't been...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                            better forecheck, better flow...but have to agree with TchrBill (and it has taken me a long time to get to this point)...sadly, I think 12 1/2 years of 44% winning hockey is not acceptable...we're not talking 3 years, or even 5...again, the approval, construction and subsequent opening of our new rink should've been the START of the process of elevating our talent level...it hasn't been...
                            Our new rink is great, don't get me wrong. But it only brings us up to par with the other teams IMHO. When I see our away games on some of the other ECAC ice, we don't look much different in terms of seating and amenities. One would hope the PR about our arena would boost our recruiting, but like most things, it's an uphill slog. Feel free to disagree..

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                              One would hope the PR about our arena would boost our recruiting, but like most things, it's an uphill slog.
                              Recruiting is done 2-4 yrs out. A new facility will not likely pay real recruiting dividends for 3-5 yrs. Is this season 2 or 3 in your new barn?
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                Recruiting is done 2-4 yrs out. A new facility will not likely pay real recruiting dividends for 3-5 yrs. Is this season 2 or 3 in your new barn?
                                I would agree but they're getting kids to commit and then they are choosing to head elsewhere, Ciccolini and Scanlin are tough blows but Alex Young and Matthew Verboon on the other hand are good gets, if you add Ciccolini/Scanlin to what already will be coming in and that's a really nice class but they were poached which is tough but it tends to happen when coaching changes occur even assistants, kids rarely commit to a school unless it's a name brand school like the BC/BU, B1G schools, UMD, No Dak and a few others, it's all relationship based and a what have you been doing for me lately situation, loyalty in general is a lost art but with coaches being able to do whatever they want it would be unfair to restrict players.

The only way Clarkson/Colgate are going to bring in top end kids is if they us their location to their advantage and find Canadian kids like the Ciccolini for Colgate or Campbell/Romano for Clarkson, obviously Cheel is a nice facility and is getting a huge renovation but it still won't compare to a lot of schools and the same goes for Colgate, it's a nice modern facility that I really enjoy watching games at and it's a huge step up from Starr but because of basketball money and football money our facilities just can't compare. Every program will have their ups and downs but good ADs/boards are defined by making the correct decisions on when to pull to the plug or when to continue to give opportunity, going with an up and comer coach that is ambitious on the recruiting trail could completely change the culture of Colgate kind of like what has happened with Fargo for the women's program. Watching Clarkson from the end of the George Roll era through the first 4 years of the Jones era there were a lot of times I didn't know if Casey was the correct choice as a hire, our recruiting was below the level of Colgates recruiting currently, then we bring in Hauge who has USHL roots and Jones/Roy work Canada and then we end up with Brosseau, Rempal, Egle, Kielly, Sturm in the same recruiting class and things started to change quickly and now we are layered at forward for the next 2-3 years. it's quite evident you need top end scoring just as Clarkson did, I hope it comes for you and it will be interesting to see if it's DV or someone else trying to reel them in.
                                Last edited by techtodenver; 12-09-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X