Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

very happy for our (by far) best forward on the team...we remain exceedingly passive on the PK and also passive protecting a one-goal lead...

Comment

OT win. Goal by McMann.
      Am sure their goalie Savory wants that one back.
      Good weekend sweep.
      Third of season?
      Second of season against ECAC teams?
      First home ECAC sweep of season?
      On to the North Country.

Comment

Nice pair of wins to close out the home slate (for the regular season at least...?)
        ECAC Champions: 1990
        NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
        ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
        NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
        Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

Happy for the boys, not much good has happened this year. If we beat SLU, Union has to win a game at home against Dartmouth or Harvard(or maybe a tie) not sure, to get the last home ice berth.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Way to go guys. Happy for the sweep and kudos to the players! Maybe we can keep the puck rolling in the North Country.

In my continuing horror story: ESPN+ let me down again. After spending 20 minutes trying to get connected I finally got to see the 2nd period, with sharp reception - best of the season. Then they cut me off - "There is no video available for this broadcast" it posted. #%$@#$@ ESPN. I even called them and complained last week, but they did nothing. Whoever set up this arrangement with them should take another look before next season. They are worthless as far as I'm concerned. Will be cancelling my subscription...Patriot League Network was much more reliable and better IMHO.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Really happy to see we earned a 4-point weekend at home to close out the regular season home slate. Hopefully we can grab that #8 spot!
              Colgate '09

Comment

If the playoffs started today we would face Union. They have had an up and down season, but we at least have a chance at Messa Rink.
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

How many would have thought a month ago we would have a very realistic chance at a home playoff series this year?

Comment

I definitely would never have thought, going into the final weekend, that we would have a mathematical chance of hosting a first-round series. As it is, I am mentally prepared to travel that weekend, either to Union or Brown (preferred). But, first, I will head to the North Country on Friday for this weekend’s games. I love both arenas at Clarkson and Saint Lawrence. And, on Sunday, I will likely head back to Elmira for a Federal Hockey League match-up between Elmira and Danville (Ill.). I went last Sunday (arena #94) and it was surprisingly good fun (read that ‘no fights’).

Comment

https://www.uscho.com/2019/02/26/col...-i-mens-venue/

Read the last paragraph where he talks about attendance at Colgate games.
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

I guess I have never looked at the stands in the third period as I’m watching the game, does anyone else think that people leave in the third? I do see people leave before the stick salute but not before the end

Comment

There is a correlation between team performance and attendance at home games. If fans are indeed heading home before the start of the 3rd period, that's sad.

But I've been to Colgate's away game at Brown every season since 2009, and I can attest that the attendance at Meehan Auditorium is worse than it is at Colgate, even when we were playing at Starr Rink. Brown's rink always feels very empty when I watch a game there.
                          Colgate '09

Comment

I honestly don’t see (m)any people leaving ‘Gate games early at the Class of ‘65 Arena, with the possible exception of a couple of college kids at Saturday night games, heading out early to get back to their studies. At away games, especially at those blow-outs, I have seen fans leave early, mainly just to beat the traffic. Of course, I have missed all of four (away) games this season, so maybe this has been more of a problem than I have personally witnessed.
                            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 02-27-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I don't see people leaving the rink early. But then I'm not really watching, either. When the Administration decides to "feed the students" to encourage attendance, after the food is served and gone, there is a mass exodus (this usually occurs at the women's hockey games but every once in a while at the men's games). However, over the years attendance has been mediocre. Sure there were years when the team was really good and Starr was packed. I do think the Administration is doing some things to encourage attendance, especially to the younger kids/families. A local youth hockey player is introduced and stays on the ice with the Colgate team through the anthem. I've seen several youth hockey teams in attendance throughout the season. There are some cool raffles going on and some free stuff, too. Giving out lots of free tickets (available at local stores in Hamilton) would be a good marketing strategy, IMO - get them in the door; get them hooked. A winning team always draws, as well.

Comment

It sure didn’t look like there were a lot of Colgate students at Saturday’s game

Comment

Working...
                                X