Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2018-19

Great sweep at home of team that swept us at their home last season. 2-1 final. Great job by goalie Mitch Benson.

Comment

My issue with ESPN+ feed is that gate radio is not the announcer. I had to have the tv on mute and then streaming radio broadcast. Should be an easy fix but we will see if espn allows it

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
        My issue with ESPN+ feed is that gate radio is not the announcer. I had to have the tv on mute and then streaming radio broadcast. Should be an easy fix but we will see if espn allows it
        If you do that, you might have some difficulties with syncing the two. If it's an internet stream of Gate Radio you should be able to pause it long enough to sync it up, but if you're using a conventional radio, get ready for some weirdness. Muting a browser feed shouldn't be tough at all.

Comment

nice to get two one-goal wins, but before we get all teary eyed consider that UNH was picked 9th and 10th by two prognosticators (out of 10 teams) in Hockey East...still need a pick up in scoring...goaltending looks pretty good, thank God...

Comment

It has been a long time since I have seen a Colgate team play with such intensity and speed....not for one or two periods, but for the whole game. They are fun to watch. I feel as though no one who has posted tonight (except Iowa) even saw the game. The talk was about ESPN+ and how horrible UNH is. Are you kidding me? Had you been in Riggs Rink this weekend you would have seen two excellent, fast-paced hockey games. We all know it is a long season, so can we enjoy and celebrate two great wins ??? The boys are working hard and it is paying off. Let's get behind them. Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              If you do that, you might have some difficulties with syncing the two. If it's an internet stream of Gate Radio you should be able to pause it long enough to sync it up, but if you're using a conventional radio, get ready for some weirdness. Muting a browser feed shouldn't be tough at all.
              I was making the point that the energy and knowledge is better with John on the call

Comment

CU, look at my post from earlier today. I agree with you 100%. This isn’t quite Spink, Spink, Baun but so far is definitely fun to watch. Pundits had UNH getting 2 wins this weekend. I don’t care if UNH finishes dead last in HE (11 teams btw greencoat) winning games is first and foremost in college hockey. There is more parity than ever right now and even most teams in Atlantic Hockey are much better (see this weekends results alone for most teams on the road). That being said, 2 wins over any HE opponent at home is solid with a Frosh in goal who did great. Just the confidence he needed going forward. Again, gate will be a competitive team in the ECAC this year. Do not be surprised to see them finish in the top 7 if they keep this hockey style up. I know some of you think they should be top two every year but so does every other program. The next 3 games will be very tough so these two wins were great.

Comment

Great sweep Raiders !!! Great way to get the season going against HE. So much for the naysayers !!!
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                    I was making the point that the energy and knowledge is better with John on the call
                    That ESPN+ announcer must have been a student intern. His call of the game almost put me to sleep. They better upgrade to John McGraw fast (or someone like him). Overall the broadcast was good but I agree with whoever called out the mid-ice cameraman. Got to do better than last night.

Congrats to the Raiders on starting the season 2-0. Hopefully this will give some of the younger players the confidence they need on the road next weekend.
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I was at Saturday's game. I really liked what I saw from the team as a whole from start to finish.

They say winning breeds confidence. Go 'Gate.
                      Colgate '09

Comment

I'm a little confused here, I watched from home Friday night and John McGraw was the play by play announcer, the HD video quality was great. The problems were his voice muted for sometimes about five minutes, but you could hear the sounds of the game, just not him. Like his mic was off but the microphones by the "boards" were on. The other problem was the cameraman didn't show play in the corners, like he didn't turn it far enough to catch the play in the two nearest corners, also a few times he was behind the play, even at center ice.

Also, I couldn't sign in to the thread here all weekend. As a whole, you have to be very happy. The biggest problem is replacing Point obv and Bensen looks to be more than adequate. The passing was crisp for the most part, defense kept quality shots on goal to a minimum, and the forwards were working hard backchecking. All good !

Anytime you sweep a Hockey East team you have to be happy, even though they're picked ninth or tenth. Next weekend we play RIT who upset UMass Lowell then Miami Of Ohio, and Ohio State who is currently ranked #1 in a few weeks. It doesn't get any easier.

Forgot to mention, only four penalties all weekend, another problem we had last year.
                        Last edited by sshablak; 10-15-2018, 12:44 PM.
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Anybody else headed to the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) game on Saturday? I am headed over with my sister, an RIT grad. I believe it is Brick City Weekend, so the Arena should be rockin’. On another note, I bought my Frozen Four tix this morning for Buffalo in April. $300 for three games, but it is the national championship. Looking forward to seeing Colgate and Omaha there, too. he he he

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                            Anybody else headed to the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) game on Saturday? I am headed over with my sister, an RIT grad. I believe it is Brick City Weekend, so the Arena should be rockin’. On another note, I bought my Frozen Four tix this morning for Buffalo in April. $300 for three games, but it is the national championship. Looking forward to seeing Colgate and Omaha there, too. he he he
                            It is indeed Brick City/Homecoming Weekend. The game typically sells out or comes close to it. It should be a good game. As a side note for those in pick'em games - the Brick City game has tied the last 3 seasons.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Is it at Blue Cross arena ??
                              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment