Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Ya I'm sure that's what every coach would do. Real plausible scenario there.

Comment

So Hockey East admits a racial slur was hurled by a BC player but couldn't determine who said it, so therefore nothing will be done, is pretty pathetic. I would expect BC to figure it out and take action. Sorry, but BC can do better. There is no place for that in Hockey East or at a Jesuit school. Rationalizing away is just as bad.
      https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...onds-to.php://

Comment

If you don't know who said it then how can you say it came from a BC player? What if it was from a PC player instead?

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
          If you don't know who said it then how can you say it came from a BC player? What if it was from a PC player instead?
          Are you serious?

Comment

Hockey East admitted inappropriate comments between players, didn't specifically say racial slur. If you have a problem with that wording take it up with the league.

Not sure who you are accusing of rationalizing this away, certainly wasn't me. I said earlier that uttering a racial slur to someone wouldn't even cross my mind even in the heat of battle. It's wrong and obviously a punishment is appropriate for someone who does that. But I am not going to feign outrage and demand the season be cancelled or demand the player's head on a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Hockey East admitted inappropriate comments between players, didn't specifically say racial slur. If you have a problem with that wording take it up with the league.

Not sure who you are accusing of rationalizing this away, certainly wasn't me. I said earlier that uttering a racial slur to someone wouldn't even cross my mind even in the heat of battle. It's wrong and obviously a punishment is appropriate for someone who does that. But I am not going to feign outrage and demand the season be cancelled or demand the player's head on a stick.
              A suspension is appropriate.

Comment

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                  A suspension is appropriate.
                  Yes, but to whom? More details are needed for us as we don't know what the League knows or doesn't know. Inappropriate comment? Racial slur? Who heard it? Ref, Linesman, Penalty Box Attendant, etc? What was the situation that it happened in - net front scrum, In front of the benches during a line change? The game was streamed so I assume the League has tried to review the tape and find the specific moment that it happened, to try and narrow the possibilities of who the offender is? Or did it happen in a moment when it was just too hectic for the official to pinpoint the player? Maybe things will become clearer on Thursday or Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Yeah, but in all fairness, that's a slippery slope, isn't it? It's bad enough society polices every word we say...now we're going to start calling penalties in a hockey game? Where does it end? If you call someone a "WOP," is that OK because he's not non-White? (and spare me the lectures about being PC - and I don't mean Providence College) I doubt it. We've all been called plenty of things. It's part of the tribal nature of the human species. It starts to get pretty subjective when you are going to call penalties because of what someone said (especially if "only" the ref heard it).
                    Hey!! Im a WOP! I posted something then edited it because i thought i misunderstood your post, the sentence with the double negative "not non-white" not sure what you mean. #ProudWop #ForzaAzzurri Ciao!!
                    Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-21-2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

https://deadspin.com/hockey-east-won...adspin_twitter

(edit: its up to bc i guess, if they can find out who. will help this player in the long run..)
                      Last edited by northeastern; 03-21-2019, 07:04 AM.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

@CHN_AdamWodon
                        Adam Wodon Retweeted College Hockey News
                        Boston College's response here is .... disappointing ... and that's the most polite way I can say it at this time. ... Maybe I'll say more. Pfft.

@CHN_AdamWodon
                        I absolutely do not blame Hockey East here. It's hard to prove who said something with no audio on the game tape. ... This is on BC and the people who know what happened.

@MikeMcMahonCHN
                        BC says "what may or may not have been said" while HE clearly acknowledges something was said. BC's statement reads like they're not willing to say something was even said on the ice. HE's clearly says something was said, but they can't pinpoint who said it.
                        Last edited by chrisP; 03-21-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

One more thing I would add is it would be great to hear from Jerry York directly about this. But considering the AD was involved, who knows what took place in those conversations. Perhaps reporters can make an attempt to get a statement from him. For those reporters who seem to care so much, you at least have a chance to ask him after the game Friday. I doubt anyone will. Instead they will just scream about it on Twitter. Now that's being productive!

It's an unfortunate situation and incredibly stupid, hurtful thing to do (without knowing exactly what was said) but unless I hear from Nate Leaman, PC, the victim that this was not handled correctly I am not going to fly off the handle like so many Twitter warriors out there. You would think that if this was handled as poorly as these warriors want you to believe that Leaman and PC would jump in to defend their player.

Comment

A PC assistant coach already tweeted yesterday about how "everybody know what happened" and that something should have been done. Just because you're not looking doesn't mean it isn't there.

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed that you not only saw the tweet in question yesterday, you replied to it questioning it. So now you're also a boldfaced liar. Noted.
                            Last edited by TheRevengeance; 03-21-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Ah yes another dumb post by you. You might want to look again.

Comment

Just because it's deleted doesn't mean it didn't happen. This is the internet, nothing goes away. Would you like a picture of you questioning the exact thing you just said you would accept?

Comment

Working...
                                X