Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 🦅 2018-2019

I’d rather be in the first 5 rows of the balcony than most of the seats in the lower bowl. I hope I’m wrong and it’s packed, we’ll see 🥅🏒

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      well tell us what you're looking at?!?!? or at whom?!??!
      🤦 😉

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
        Getting back to the game I as a BC fan would be happy for st least one more win considering how very disappointing it has been this season
        Disappointing is an understatement. Honestly getting to the Garden is a pleasant surprise after what transpired from October to March but nothing short of winning two games this weekend could lessen the disaster of a season it has been. This is BC. We shouldn't play spoiler or be happy with a participation ribbon.

Yes these guys could erase a terrible season with two wins - build some momentum for next year and get back to that winning culture and "trophy season" nonsense - but not one.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

FYI -

@MarkDivver
          Hockey East is investigating incident in Friday's Providence College-Boston College game in which a BC player allegedly directed a racial comment at PC's Vimal Sukumaran.
          Hockey East Associate Commissioner Brian Smith: ‘The league is aware and we’re looking into it. I can’t get any more specific than that because it’s something we’re currently trying to figure out the facts of and get as much information as we can about’

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...estigating.php
          Last edited by chrisP; 03-20-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Team finally does something good and in the process a kid allegedly does that? Certainly hope it isn't true but if it is that adds to the disappointment of this season in an entirely different context.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
              FYI -

@MarkDivver
              Hockey East is investigating incident in Friday's Providence College-Boston College game in which a BC player allegedly directed a racial comment at PC's Vimal Sukumaran.
              Hockey East Associate Commissioner Brian Smith: ‘The league is aware and we’re looking into it. I can’t get any more specific than that because it’s something we’re currently trying to figure out the facts of and get as much information as we can about’

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...estigating.php
              according to the story the ref heard it. No misconduct penalty though? If the ref heard it and did nothing shame on the ref.
              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                according to the story the ref heard it. No misconduct penalty though? If the ref heard it and did nothing shame on the ref.
                Yeah, but in all fairness, that's a slippery slope, isn't it? It's bad enough society polices every word we say...now we're going to start calling penalties in a hockey game? Where does it end? If you call someone a "WOP," is that OK because he's not non-White? (and spare me the lectures about being PC - and I don't mean Providence College) I doubt it. We've all been called plenty of things. It's part of the tribal nature of the human species. It starts to get pretty subjective when you are going to call penalties because of what someone said (especially if "only" the ref heard it).

Comment

Someone else mentioned this to me but what does "game officials" mean? Does that automatically mean on ice ref?

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                    If this did happen, I suppose something like that could have been uttered from the bench so the only defense of an on ice ref there is if he heard something but didn't know who specifically said it.

Comment

This is totally ridiculous on several levels. I saw this kid playing earlier this season and thought it was pretty cool to see this kid playing at this level. If you're using a slur you're just a terrible chit-talker.

Even after a nice series win where we finally try to feel good about them, they still simply can't let us do that.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Things have come a long way from when I was "growing up" in terms of commonly used words that are no longer acceptable. It wouldn't even cross my mind to call someone a racial slur so in that respect it's surprising to me that a college kid would allegedly get caught up in this. But I know that no matter the age this stuff does still happen.

Comment

• If there’s a lack of evidence they need to go to the suspected kid and ask him to be honest, let him know he can take this as a learning experience, the team is his family and will support him through it, etc. Once he admits it, kick him off the team and out of school, burn his parents’ house down and salt the earth where it stood. Sorry, but this being zero tolerance is the easiest decision in the world. No room for this in hockey, this isn’t congress.
                          BC Hockey 2008: NATIONAL CHAMPIONS... 2010 too now? OK then. 2012 or something? I can't keep up with this.

Anonymous Random Neg Rep Posted at 10:19 PM, 4/12/08, Moments After BC Won the National Title
                          After Mom and Dad's checks stop coming, where will you be, loser?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Yeah, but in all fairness, that's a slippery slope, isn't it? It's bad enough society polices every word we say...now we're going to start calling penalties in a hockey game? Where does it end? If you call someone a "WOP," is that OK because he's not non-White? (and spare me the lectures about being PC - and I don't mean Providence College) I doubt it. We've all been called plenty of things. It's part of the tribal nature of the human species. It starts to get pretty subjective when you are going to call penalties because of what someone said (especially if "only" the ref heard it).
                            The official (and I assumed on ice) felt it was bad enough to file a report with the league because that has been reported. But if he did hear it during game play I would think it's grounds for a misconduct penalty that's all.
                            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Unless that official knows who said it or that player comes forward after being confronted by BC, I am not sure where this goes. As of right now it doesn't appear a player has been mentioned. Although maybe that player has been discovered internally and they are protecting identity until they gather all the info they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Disappointing is an understatement. Honestly getting to the Garden is a pleasant surprise after what transpired from October to March but nothing short of winning two games this weekend could lessen the disaster of a season it has been. This is BC. We shouldn't play spoiler or be happy with a participation ribbon.

Yes these guys could erase a terrible season with two wins - build some momentum for next year and get back to that winning culture and "trophy season" nonsense - but not one.
                                Yeah I could be more colorful but I won’t go there

Obviously 2 more wins is great after missing the NCAAs for a few seasons
                                If they don’t win 2 more games

In the heat of the moment I can see it happening a slur slips out

It’s not acceptable if true but let’s wait and see after the investigation of this incident

It’s disappointing after something positive last weekend
                                Last edited by BCeagle; 03-20-2019, 06:37 PM.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X