Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEWHA Conference Announcement (Scholarships, OOC Scheduling, Autobid, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEWHA Conference Announcement (Scholarships, OOC Scheduling, Autobid, etc.)

As a native Long Islander I’d be happier if NEWHA was GAWHA (Greater Atlantic), but I’m not looking this gift horse in the mouth. I grew up at a time before Wisconsin was a state and the only thing women were doing on ice was cutting figures, so the reality of a team from Brooklyn bringing D-1 hockey, to say nothing of a team like the Badgers, to Syosset is remarkable. And at a time when the women’s pro prospects are somewhat muddled, it’s nice to read the informed enthusiasm of The Ice Garden’s stringer when he applauds the current state of the women’s collegiate game. The equally non-boilerplate enthusiasm of the LIU coach is also encouraging, given the challenge of starting a program where there are no mercy rules. The Sharks are #1 in my pre-season conference poll, though I’d ditch the name for something a little more tourist friendly.

Comment

[QUOTE=thirdtime's . . .; The Sharks are #1 in my pre-season conference poll, though I’d ditch the name for something a little more tourist friendly.[/QUOTE]

I kinda think the new mascot and logo are an improvement

If you have LIU-B first what are the rest of your rankings for the conf look like?

Comment

Twitch?

Twitch Named Exclusive Live Streaming Partner of the NWHL
        https://www.nwhl.zone/news_article/s...aign=Puck-Drop

"All NWHL games and programming will be available on Twitch at www.twitch.tv/nwhl. Fans will be able to watch every NWHL game, free of charge, from anywhere, on any device. Best of all, they will be able to engage with other fans throughout the games, and–at times–with the players, broadcasters, and other NWHL influencers."
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by mnwis View Post
          If you have LIU-B first what are the rest of your rankings for the conf look like?
          I've been instructed by Vegas not to rank the rest of the conference.

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Twitch?
          D2D, for the first time in 8,176 posts you have landed on the wrong thread! The NEWHA (aka Greater Atlantic Conference) is not likely to be Twitched.

Comment

mnwis, late night hi-jinx aside, I know nothing about these teams, other than that one is from Brooklyn, is starting from scratch, and appears to be diligent in doing so; therefore my ancestral Flatbush heart is with them. Call me a homer from long ago. Your thoughts on this league surely have a lot more going for them than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
              I've been instructed by Vegas not to rank the rest of the conference.

D2D, for the first time in 8,176 posts you have landed on the wrong thread! The NEWHA (aka Greater Atlantic Conference) is not likely to be Twitched.
              For a moment there, I thought this had become a general-interest thread, and was prepared to throw in a couple of Megan Keller puns.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                Oops!
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I hope the new conference succeeds, does ok out of conference, and doesn't get embarrassed when they play their 1st NCAA tournament game.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Stonehill College has announced that they are starting a Women's Hockey Program and will be playing in the NEWHA starting with the 2021-2022 season.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/12...ockey-program/

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      NEWHA announced that it's becoming a conference today. Shooting for a tournament autobid starting in 2021-2022. Schools will be offering scholarships and are already in the works scheduling non-conference games with other D-1 teams:

https://www.theicegarden.com/2018/9/...key-conference
                      Total joke that this conference is getting an autobid.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Eagle View Post
                        Stonehill College has announced that they are starting a Women's Hockey Program and will be playing in the NEWHA starting with the 2021-2022 season.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/12...ockey-program/
                        I am SO excited about this for my own selfish reasons -- my wife is an alum, and I spent four years hanging out on that campus on the weekends and always hoped they'd start a team
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I got to chat with the Stonehill AD before the presser and he was a great interview:

https://www.theicegarden.com/2019/12...wha-conference
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                          X