X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
    Percocet has oxycodone in it.
    I know. Slightly different versions of the same drug.

The only drug that took away all the pain for me was morphine. That was fun. The nurse coulda told me, "I'm going to punch you in the face," and I would have responded, "Sure, why not? I don't care" and smiled.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      You are???

It is how the med is metabolized. Depending on how your liver pathways work depends on how you processes it. Went to a really cool Continuing Ed thing about this. They can test if you have errors to see what you should tolerate and what you won't.

Learned some stuff.
      -people who say Codeine doesn't work for them are probably telling the truth. They can't metabolize to the metabolites that can relieve pain. It does get to toxic levels because it can't clear if the person keeps taking it.
      -if some pathways are impaired it can take larger doses to achieve relief. So the person who says smaller doses don't work may be telling the truth. The person who needs 10mg to get any relief probably has impaired pathways. There are ways to test this by testing the various metabolites (the chemicals the pro-drug breaks down to- Oxy has 3) They told a story about how they had a woman come into the ER looking like she was OD on Oxy. She swore she hadn't obtained from somewhere else. Turned out she had only 1 of 3 pathways that was fully functional to break it down and clear it. She took something else that used the same pathway and got toxic quickly. It looked like she had taken way more than she should because even tho she wasn't capable of metabolizing to get relief she was capable of getting toxic from being unable to clear it. They had tested all of the metabolites before and when they tested again they were sky high and figured out what had happened. Fascinating.
      But what about Xanax? No one ever seems to hate the benzos. My alkie self included.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        You are???
        You know the rules: you are always in remission, there is no cure.

Metabolic pathways are fascinating.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I know. Slightly different versions of the same drug.

The only drug that took away all the pain for me was morphine. That was fun. The nurse coulda told me, "I'm going to punch you in the face," and I would have responded, "Sure, why not? I don't care" and smiled.
          Oxycodone and Tylenol. (the cet is acetaminophen) Can't tell you how many times people said tylenol didn't work because it wasn't a prescription. They are doing really cool studies that show that the opioids really do not much better than non-narcotic drugs.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          But what about Xanax? No one ever seems to hate the benzos. My alkie self included.
          They did stuff on that too but my fingers were tired of typing.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          You know the rules: you are always in remission, there is no cure.

Metabolic pathways are fascinating.
          hahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            The elderly don't do well with benzos, especially if they're inpatient. Studies show they are much more likely to develop ICU Delirium and other mental health problems if medicated with benzodiazepines for behavior control (ventilated or non-ventilated).

Personally, I think cocaine or MDMA would be my drug of choice if we're running the gamut of mind altering substances. My Type A personality is attracted to the idea of cocaine, however, the part of me that loves cuddles and an enchanced sense of touch as well as love-y feelings is totally intrigued by molly. Obviously, as someone who has seen the negative effects in the healthcare system, I will not be tampering with any of these.

My lone experiences with opioids was in high school when I was prescribed 5/325 percoset for wisdom tooth surgery. All I did was sleep. Meh. Uninterested.
            Last edited by bostonewe; 07-11-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Morphine is proof that God loves us.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Which is weird, because it literally did nothing for me. I said multiple times I don’t know how or why people get addicted to it because it did nothing for me with regards to pain management. Why is it that it works for some people but not for others? It made me feel like crap and i got nauseous. Of course, it was a mild dosage. Maybe if it was a larger one?
                Most pain meds don’t work on me either. Doc said I’m likely missing enzymes required to process

Comment

I have some fentanyl patches sitting my cabinet I should throw away if you are interested.

Note to DEA agent monitoring this board: KIDDING!

Comment

I had vicodin after I had my wisdom teeth out. Room spun for four hours and never took it again.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I had vicodin after I had my wisdom teeth out. Room spun for four hours and never took it again.
                      You know you need food with that, right?

Even as a connoisseur of these delightful drugs, the experience I had with vicodin on an empty stomach was extremely sub-optimal, as in sick for hours.
                      Cornell University

Comment

You know you need food with that, right?

Even as a connoisseur of these delightful drugs, the experience I had with vicodin on an empty stomach was extremely sub-optimal, as in sick for hours.
                        I ca'nt remember what I had to eat, but I'm pretty sure it was KFC mashed potatoes and gravy. Might have even had a biscuit crumbled in there. Mmmm........
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                          The elderly don't do well with benzos, especially if they're inpatient. Studies show they are much more likely to develop ICU Delirium and other mental health problems if medicated with benzodiazepines for behavior control (ventilated or non-ventilated).

Personally, I think cocaine or MDMA would be my drug of choice if we're running the gamut of mind altering substances. My Type A personality is attracted to the idea of cocaine, however, the part of me that loves cuddles and an enchanced sense of touch as well as love-y feelings is totally intrigued by molly. Obviously, as someone who has seen the negative effects in the healthcare system, I will not be tampering with any of these.

My lone experiences with opioids was in high school when I was prescribed 5/325 percoset for wisdom tooth surgery. All I did was sleep. Meh. Uninterested.
                          I didn't really respond to Percs. Dulled the pain a bit but def no euphoric feeling.

Morphine - proof that I could sleep the minute they pushed the little self med button. They had the PCA pump after my surgery. I never pushed the button but the helpful nurses thought I didn't know where it was and pushed it for me (or they liked me non-demanding- the result was the same). If I was high I wasn't awake enough to know it. I also didn't clear the anesthesia for days after that surgery. I had a crash c-section for lilnsl- he was in distress. They gassed me. As they were prepping I told them not to give me too much or I wouldn't wake up. They thought I meant I was going to die. I meant I wouldn't wake up. The anesthesiologist was impressed with my inability to clear the stuff.
                          Got prescribed Valium for my back when I first blew it out. I saw spiders on the walls and ceiling out of the corner of my eye. Paranoid and very unpleasant.
                          I take the fifth on recreational activities except to say that I saw one of my friends have an extremely bad, paranoid reaction to some stuff that lasted for days. SCARY.
                          Last edited by leswp1; 07-11-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

My shower bench giving way this morning, sending me to the bathroom floor: Scary List. Thankfully I am unharmed.

So glad the oxy is done. Less nausea, less tiredness, less feeling like I got run over by a semi.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I ca'nt remember what I had to eat, but I'm pretty sure it was KFC mashed potatoes and gravy. Might have even had a biscuit crumbled in there. Mmmm........
                              I'll bet your dentist enjoyed digging through that.
                              Cornell University

Comment

I had the gamut of painkillers for a condition years ago, from Oxy to fentanyl. There were times when I really needed the help. I also flushed some down when I felt I didn't need it. But on one occasion when I was at the most difficult stage of my treatment, I had to pass a kidney stone. I was actually at the hospital receiving treatment when it came on, and they just wheeled me over to ER. I looked awful anyway, and when they got up to speed on my status and confirmed that it was a stone, they shot me up with something like I'd never had before. Unlike the other stuff I was taking, it was an instant rush. In seconds I went from feeling bottom-of-the-barrel shyty to A-O-f cking K. Euphoric. That gave me a little insight into how difficult it must be to beat a hard narcotics addiction. I don't have an addictive personality, but never ever give me a prescription for that stuff. I don't think I could resist it.

Comment

Working...
                                X