Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The List for the 2018-19 Season: Episode 1

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Three weeks in on classes and I am doing well. Professors say I'm actively participating in class, and for being as green as a pine tree in the field of social work, once I sit down and put some thought into my work, the coursework isn't that bad. Anti-List.
    Good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Good for you.
      Yep. Doing well on my assignments too.

Mama Wendy is on the Anti-List too. I met her last May when she came to Out On the Lakeshore as a Center Coordinator, someone to manage the books and the social media accounts. I didn't think too much about it when she was brought on, but we started talking, and our relationship bloomed. One day, I caught a nap on a center couch, and in typical Mom fashion, she told me to go home and go to bed. When I got into that car accident in September, her response was "where are you and do you need me to come get you?" Two days later, on my birthday, she greeted me with cupcakes at OOTL. When that "trans erasure" memo came out in October, she texted "I have your heart and soul. Always, Amber Marie!" She's done a really good job of reeling me back in when my mind gets too dark, too negative. She calls me part of her family. She buys me coffee. She's a wonderful human and I'm kind of ashamed to be in her presence, actually. But there's something about a mother's love that brings me back to the present and makes me wonder why I was even upset...
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Getting all As in grad school: Anti-List.

Having really supportive professors and classmates: Anti-List.

The fact I have so many adopted Mamas is on the Anti-List.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Line-dried laundry is on the Anti-List.

Comment

Severe mid-foot arthritis is on The List.

[/B]The fact that I'm still running and doing all this amazing stuff with severe mid-foot arthritis is on the Anti-List.

Comment

I was 95% recovered from a concussion. 95! I mowed the lawn. Could watch baseball on TV. Was planning on going back to work this week. Almost there. And then I bumped my head on a tree (full contact gardening, I guess). Now I'm back to square one. Eff this sh**. On The List.

Comment

Our cats, for reenacting the chariot race from Ben Hur in our bedroom at 4:42 in the morning: the List.

on a Saturday: the Anti-List.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Our cats, for reenacting the chariot race from Ben Hur in our bedroom at 4:42 in the morning: the List.

on a Saturday: the Anti-List.
                  I love those qualities that make cats cats.

Comment

Anxiety at work is on The List.

Anxiety at home is on The List.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So you're fine with anxiety on your commute?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        So you're fine with anxiety on your commute?
                        What's a commute? I work from home.

The problem with working from home? You're always at work.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

A lot of people designate a specific room as their work room. They don’t take personal stuff into the room. They don’t take work stuff out of the room. There is a literal physical separation between work and home.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            A lot of people designate a specific room as their work room. They don’t take personal stuff into the room. They don’t take work stuff out of the room. There is a literal physical separation between work and home.
                            And do the out of office message on email for non-work hours.

I haven't worked as an NP for a few yrs now but I found toward the end that people struggle to set boundaries now that there is an ability to access work via email and phone 24-7. People would answer work calls (when not on-call) at ridiculous hours, do email when they were at home, etc. Some interesting research about the dopamine rush when things are accomplished that made it equivalent to chain smoking. You light up (look) without thinking and then think afterwards- Oh poo, I was going to wait.

Same thing with sleep- somewhere in the last couple of decades people stopped thinking it was necessary and started to think it was optional- They work at night and do 'just one more thing'- that messes with the ability to initiate and maintain sleep= to the point where they are sleep deprived= feeling like crap, being less efficient,

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Keep it separate. For your health, and your performance.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I dropped out of my remaining race schedule for the year. Anti-List for several reasons:

1. My right foot is so messed up right now and will probably require surgery to repair any of it. Not running will definitely allow my foot to heal.

2. In the past, there was motivation aplenty. Felt like there was something to prove. This year, it feels like I can't be bothered to get out the door to train.

3. Grad school. This really needs to be a priority.

4. Finally, it's not fun right now, and I said if it wasn't fun, I was going to drop. Well, it's not fun, and so I'm dropping out.

Comment

Working...
                                X