Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Engineers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    48 saves by Lovisa Selander in a 1-1 tie against Yale. She needs 188 in 10 games.
    41 saves in a 1-0 shutout of Brown. Now she needs just 147 in 9 games, 16.33 per game. She gave up one goal in 90 shots over the weekend -- not bad.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Lovisa will smash the record. I predicted another Swedish goaltender wanting to follow in the footsteps of Lovisa and joila a Norwegian. Who knew it would be so soon?
      Last edited by Reddington; 01-27-2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
        Lovisa will smash the record. I predicted another Swedish goaltender wanting to follow in the footsteps of Lovisa and joila. Who knew it would be so soon.
        Ena Nystorm is Norwegian, but that is close to Sweden.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Lovisa Selander has moved into first place in the NCAA in save percentage (.948), second in total saves (727) and first in saves per game (33).

In the 23 year history of the Patty Kazmaier award three goaltenders have won: Ann-Renee Desbiens (Wisconsin 2017); Jessie Vetter (Wisconsin 2009) and Ali Brewer (Brown 2000). All were great goaltenders, but all had the benefit of playing on dominant teams.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
            Lovisa Selander has moved into first place in the NCAA in save percentage (.948), second in total saves (727) and first in saves per game (33).

In the 23 year history of the Patty Kazmaier award three goaltenders have won: Ann-Renee Desbiens (Wisconsin 2017); Jessie Vetter (Wisconsin 2009) and Ali Brewer (Brown 2000). All were great goaltenders, but all had the benefit of playing on dominant teams.
            A better comparison might be someone like Chanda Gunn who finished in the top 3 for the Kaz with a losing record, and a higher goals against and a lower save percentage than Selander has. Mankato's Shari Vogt made the final 10 that year as a goalie for a non-dominant team, although she finished a couple games over .500. It wasn't like there weren't offensive options: Krissy Wendell didn't make the top 3 even though she led Minnesota to the title with 78 points.

I think Selander should at least make the top 10, but as the years have gone on, IMO the voting has swung more and more toward high-scoring forwards.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              as the years have gone on, IMO the voting has swung more and more toward high-scoring forwards.
              They're even stingier toward defensemen with Ruggiero still the only one winning in 2004. I could be wrong, but I think Megan Bozek is the only other defensemen finalist in 2013. That was a tough year for a defenseman to win.
              Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-27-2019, 10:57 PM. Reason: Maybe Megan Keller this year?
              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                They're even stingier toward defensemen with Ruggiero still the only one winning in 2004. I could be wrong but I think Megan Bozek is the only other defensemen finalist.
                Tara Mounsey, Courtney Kennedy, and Ronda Curtin were all D. Lara Stalder two years ago was hard to classify, because she played both F and D at different times.

Comment

I should have been clearer. I was just referring to the top 3 finalists. So Stalder then, too.
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-27-2019, 11:11 PM. Reason: How about an Angela Ruggiero Award?

Comment

Mid-"weekend" update! Taking three points on the road was a perfectly fine outcome (let's not look too closely at how we got the points), but there's no time to rest. We simply have to beat Union on Tuesday. We'll probably make the playoffs regardless, but that's a game we have to win, and hopefully we don't make Lovisa stop another 45 shots to get there.

I haven't run the simulations on the effect the coming weekend will have yet, but my gut says that anything more than 1 point will be a net positive. If we dare to dream of a home playoff series, we need to over-perform current expectations by 4 or 5 points, and that would likely start with 3 or 4 points in Central NY.

RPI KRACH (RRWP): 63.96 (0.4109)

MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
                    Points - 22.30 / 23 / 23 / 15 - 32
                    Rank - 6.04 / 6 / 6 / 2 - 10
                    Playoffs - 98.7% (Home - 3.1%)
                    Most likely opponent - at Colgate (31.1%)

Conference Rankings:
                    1. Princeton
                    2. Cornell
                    3. Clarkson
                    4. Colgate
                      —————
                    5. SLU
                    6. RPI
                    7. Quinnipiac
                    8. Harvard
                      —————
                      —————
                    9. Yale
                    10. Brown
                    11. Dartmouth
                    12. Union

This Tuesday's Playoff Implications:
                    Code:
                    @Union - Mayor's Cup
                    | W |>99%|
                    | T | 98%|
                    | L | 96%|
                    RPI Points vs. Position:
                    Code:
                       |     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10    11    12
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------    
                    15 |                                             0.0   0.0   0.0            
                    16 |                                       0.0   0.1   0.1   0.0            
                    17 |                                 0.0   0.1   0.6   0.4   0.0            
                    18 |                                 0.0   0.4   1.4   0.4                  
                    19 |                                 0.4   2.4   2.8   0.3                  
                    20 |                           0.0   1.9   4.6   2.2   0.1                  
                    21 |                           0.5   6.6   6.2   1.1   0.0                  
                    22 |                           2.0   9.5   3.5   0.2   0.0                  
                    23 |                     0.0   5.4  10.3   1.3   0.0                        
                    24 |                     0.1   6.7   6.1   0.2   0.0                        
                    25 |                     0.3   7.3   2.9   0.0                              
                    26 |               0.0   0.5   4.4   0.9   0.0                              
                    27 |               0.0   0.9   2.4   0.2                                    
                    28 |               0.0   0.7   0.7   0.0                                    
                    29 |               0.0   0.4   0.1   0.0                                    
                    30 |               0.0   0.1   0.0                                          
                    31 |         0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0                                          
                    32 |               0.0   0.0                                                
                    33 |
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                      I should have been clearer. I was just referring to the top 3 finalists. So Stalder then, too.
                      So was I.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          So was I.
                          I see now.
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-28-2019, 09:14 PM. Reason: Rule #2. Always go to the Kaz Award site first before posting.

Comment

My question is this. RPI woman's hockey team is having one of their best seasons to date. Yes I agree, far from a powerhouse team but exceeding expectations by a long shot. Yet when you look at the attendance numbers at being at the bottom of the pack, it would be somewhat disheartening to the players. Just wondering why other schools support their female hockey programs better than RPI. One would think that since the woman's hockey program is the only div 1 program for female sports at RPI, attendance would be much higher. Just a comment!!

Comment

Originally posted by 99hockey View Post
                              My question is this. RPI woman's hockey team is having one of their best seasons to date. Yes I agree, far from a powerhouse team but exceeding expectations by a long shot. Yet when you look at the attendance numbers at being at the bottom of the pack, it would be somewhat disheartening to the players. Just wondering why other schools support their female hockey programs better than RPI. One would think that since the woman's hockey program is the only div 1 program for female sports at RPI, attendance would be much higher. Just a comment!!
                              Regardless of the program attendance ALWAYS LAGS an improving season. Men's, women's, hockey, football, basketball all follow that trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                41 saves in a 1-0 shutout of Brown. Now she needs just 147 in 9 games, 16.33 per game. She gave up one goal in 90 shots over the weekend -- not bad.
                                A surprisingly high 29 saves in a 2-1 win over Union in the Mayor's Cup means that Selander needs 118 in 8 games, 14.75 per game.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X