• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Engineers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    They are doing this again.
    I don't like it.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      They are doing this again.

Do you have a spreadsheet that tracks the amount given and the record the following season to see if there is any correlation?
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        I don't like it.
        What is it about this campaign that disturbs you Lugnut?

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Do you have a spreadsheet that tracks the amount given and the record the following season to see if there is any correlation?
          I am quite sure that RB would have that spreadsheet, but do you really think that we would share it with a Gopher? This is a matter of intellectual property.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            No.

BTW, as far as I recall last year was the first year that they did this. I also don't recall if they made their goal.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
              I am quite sure that RB would have that spreadsheet, but do you really think that we would share it with a Gopher? This is a matter of intellectual property.
              Gophers probably eat spreadsheets.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am quite sure that RB would have that spreadsheet, but do you really think that we would share it with a Gopher?
                It's not like I'd be able to follow Ralph's brilliant design sufficiently in order to steal any secrets. My knowledge of math these days mostly concerns looking at the scoreboard to see whether or not the number under Home is > the number under Visitors.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I don't like it.
                  I'm not too crazy about it, either.

For hab's sake when it concerns myself, any sort of monetary donation goes to the general fund, even if you state that you would like it to go to a specific club. Given I, along with others, am disappointed about some of the administration's choices, you could see why it's not desirable. The only way a donation does not go to the general fund is if the gift you give is a particular item. For example, let's say the hockey team was raising this money for a 3rd jersey (I know, a little pricey at 200 bucks a pop, but just for the sake of argument). If you were to buy the jerseys and have them shipped to the team, you will have made a donation to the 'tute, and the administration wouldn't be able to touch a penny of it since you didn't actually donate money. Whether this can be itemized off your tax deductions, I don't know, but you can be sure that 100% of your donation is going towards its intended purpose.

Comment

What is it about this campaign that disturbs you Lugnut?
                    I feel like the athletic department should pay for this without asking for extra money from the fanbase, who already pay for tickets and (often) tuition.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I feel like the athletic department should pay for this without asking for extra money from the fanbase, who already pay for tickets and (often) tuition.
                      Understood. There is definitely a case to be made that there has been a serious lack of accountability around the women's program. It seems that year after year the only teams that finish behind us are teams without athletic scholarships. I contribute every year but I am getting a tad impatient to see some progress. Fighting for the eighth spot every year is not what I expect.

Comment

Understood. There is definitely a case to be made that there has been a serious lack of accountability around the women's program. It seems that year after year the only teams that finish behind us are teams without athletic scholarships. I contribute every year but I am getting a tad impatient to see some progress. Fighting for the eighth spot every year is not what I expect.
                        IIRC, last year each of our teams did this sort of thing. This year, I have not seen announcements for other teams yet.

FD08,
                        I am not a tax expert, but I know that you can enter things which are donated besides for money. Also in 2017 the team was looking for money for third jerseys and John Buccigross ended up paying for the whole thing. https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...=1#post6564370
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          IIRC, last year each of our teams did this sort of thing. This year, I have not seen announcements for other teams yet.

FD08,
                          I am not a tax expert, but I know that you can enter things which are donated besides for money. Also in 2017 the team was looking for money for third jerseys and John Buccigross ended up paying for the whole thing. https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...=1#post6564370
                          Buccigross huh? Now, I like the guy even more!

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                            Buccigross huh? Now, I like the guy even more!

Those unis look great, though my understanding something is "illegal" about them from the toot side of things???

Comment

Lovisa Selander, #35 G, senior, RPI

Last is Lovisa Selander, my pick for the Patty Kazmaier award. Loren Gabel has had an excellent season and will probably win it, and that will by no means be a bad choice, but what Selander has done this season at RPI is nothing short of jaw-dropping.

Normally I am an all-numbers person, but the Patty Kazmaier award isn’t strictly a statistical award, or even strictly a hockey award as work in the community and academics are also considered. What Selander has done for RPI and what she means to the team transcends mere numbers. But still…

The pure and simple truth is that RPI scored 1.5 goals per game in ECAC play and won 10 of them and tied another. To go even further, RPI notched 13 points in the 15 (total) games where they only scored a single goal (4-6-5).

To add, Selander also broke the official NCAA record for career saves and has an even 4,000 and counting, though she needs 94 more saves to tie the unofficial record held by Nicole Hensley.

All this is simply restating an obvious fact, that Selander is good. But what makes her one of the best goaltenders in NCAA history? To their credit, the RPI skaters have periods of time where they do a very good job of limiting quality chances in front of Selander. And it helps that at 5-10, Selander covers a lot of net.

But when I watch Selander, what strikes me is how controlled and how precise she is. She moves exactly as much as she needs to, no more. She covers exactly as much net as she needs to, no more. It leads to a lot of sequences where Selander racks up saves without appearing to do much, but that’s a skill that many goaltenders wish they had.

Her positioning is excellent and her ability to read the play is better than any goaltender I’ve seen except for maybe Shea Tiley. She’s also brilliant. With time winding down and a lead against (I think) St. Lawrence, the puck popped loose in front of the crease. Many goaltenders would dive on that puck and take their chances with a D-zone faceoff with 2-3 seconds remaining. Instead Selander, seeing an opportunity, just poked the puck between her defender and the opponent’s legs into wide open space with most everyone crashing the net. Time ran out as no one could get to the puck in time and RPI secured the victory.

Notice how quick Selander is and yet how little she seems to move at times.
                              There are some links in the article including highlights in the second page of https://www.instagram.com/rpiathletics/p/Brnep5nHzxt/.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-27-2019, 07:49 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X