Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Engineers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    As a Badger fan here, how does she take 1st team over Kristin Campbell of Wisconsin? Did the voters watch any of the playoffs?

Was it a sympathy award for having a losing record?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post
      As a Badger fan here, how does she take 1st team over Kristin Campbell of Wisconsin? Did the voters watch any of the playoffs?

Because she is twice the goalie, sees double the shots, many of which are quality chances and she has a very high save % and very respectable GAA. Campbell is a decent goaltender but she does happen to play behind the best defensive team in womens hockey. She happened to be at her best when it mattered most and hats off to her for that. It would be interesting to see how she would do on a team like the Engineers. Now should Selander be on the #1 team, debatable but she should be ahead of Campbell on any all star team selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky-Bucky Backer View Post

Apparently quality of opponent means nothing to the prognosticators?
        Last edited by agfire; 03-31-2019, 05:25 AM.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I just checked how Ena Nystrom did in the tourney. Her page https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/...er-nystrom-ena. 92.37% save percentage. 1.82 GAA. She was the only goalie to play for Norway,

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/...oric-promotion
              While Gasparics won the award as best forward, Charlotte Wittich of Austria won the vote for the best defender while Norway’s Ena Nystrom got the award as best goaltender.
              Friis-Hansen's page https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/...r/3857/denmark. 5-1-0-1-2.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I will add Helgeson to the RPI recruit page when I next post it, probably Sunday She is a defenseman and graduates in 2021, so I assume that is when she is coming. She played for Roseau (MN) HS and the Minnesota Northern Starzz. NZ gives her 3.50.

Elite Hockey page https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...ophie-helgeson
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-01-2019, 02:37 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I will add Helgeson to the RPI recruit page when I next post it, probably Sunday She is a defenseman and graduates in 2021, so I assume that is when she is coming. She played for Roseau (MN) HS and the Minnesota Northern Starzz. NZ gives her 3.50.

Elite Hockey page https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...ophie-helgeson
                        Wonder if she is related to Clarkson's Morgan Helgeson?
                        Last edited by vicb; 05-01-2019, 04:51 AM.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          Wonder if she is related to Clarkson's Morgan Helgeson?
                          I wondered too. They are from different towns in MN. The name must be pretty common since Sophie also has two teammates in Roseau with the same name. She is following and/or being followed by quite a few other Helgesons, but I didn't notice Morgan. I could have missed her. I suspect that they are not related.

FWIW, the only person following her whom I noticed connected to RPI is new men's transfer Alec Calvaruso. That's a bit odd since usually at least one of the RPI coaches is following a recruit, but it might be because Helgeson doesn't use Twitter much.
                          Also, a year ago, NZ rated her 4.25, but she has been downgraded twice and is now 3.50.

Edit: She is now being followed and following Clarkson's Morgan Helgeson. She is being followed and following RPI recruit Aliya Jomha. She is being followed by current player Emma Hicks.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-02-2019, 03:47 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wondered too. They are from different towns in MN. The name must be pretty common since Sophie also has two teammates in Roseau with the same name. She is following and/or being followed by quite a few other Helgesons, but I didn't notice Morgan. I could have missed her. I suspect that they are not related.

FWIW, the only person following her whom I noticed connected to RPI is new men's transfer Alec Calvaruso. That's a bit odd sicne usually at least one of the RPI coaches is following a recruit, but it might be because Helgeson doesn't use Twitter much.
                            Also, a year ago, NZ rated her 4.25, but she has been downgraded twice and is now 3.50.
                            Also possible that they are more distant cousins rather than immediately related.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X