Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    I don’t agree with this take, although it’s possible. Elander came from a UND program that was .500 the year before. UND has losses to Syracuse, I think Lindenwood, and tied Mercyhurst that last season. None of those were top ten teams that year. But Elander is the reason for OSU’s success last year, even though he came from a .500 team?

There was a lot happening at OSU last year - great freshman class, UND gone, Olympic year, addition of Elander, first time the women had a 2nd year coach in 3 years. It’s difficult to say exactly why they finally had a winning record, but I don’t see any reason to be so doubtful of Muzerall.

Muzerall mentored under Frost and Johnson right? That’s another reason to believe she should have every ability to be a capable coach.
    You can’t look at any coach’s contribution to a program during a one-two year window. This year is a big year for the Buckeyes as the WCHA is back to reality. They will do well but may not approach last season’s results for many reasons. How well the Buckeyes recruit and retain their players going forward will tell the story on Muzerall.

Comment

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      How do you know how this "went down". And as for the Clarkson coaches or any coaching staff for that matter, when you get a kid with the hockey skills of Sauve or Cianfarano that would like to come to your school to complete a post grad degree while continuing to play hockey what are you going to say? Nah we don't want you, you should stay at Ohio State (or Quinnipiac). Give me a break.
      We have ears in OSU's locker room and Clarkson's coach's knew she wasn't telling anyone of her plans until she had the deal done. In most people's book that's rather underhanded. I'm not going to spill all the secrets but what Sauve said publicly and what is known here by her former teammates is quite different. Now if what she did creates even more bad blood than by OSU having the win they earned stolen by a bad call then so be it. I relish the next time these programs would meet and then we'll see who's more motivated!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        We have ears in OSU's locker room and Clarkson's coach's knew she wasn't telling anyone of her plans until she had the deal done. In most people's book that's rather underhanded. I'm not going to spill all the secrets but what Sauve said publicly and what is known here by her former teammates is quite different. Now if what she did creates even more bad blood than by OSU having the win they earned stolen by a bad call then so be it. I relish the next time these programs would meet and then we'll see who's more motivated!
        Sounds like sour grapes to me. Honestly why would she discuss her transfer with anyone until it is complete. It is a private decision isn’t it and really none of anyone’s business but her own and the teams involved. Anyhow, shouldn’t you be getting ready for practice?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          The victory press has a good article about Sauve and the summer. https://t.co/4Ma4UDO5Vt
          Nice read, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Where’s Grace Zarzecki this year? I didn’t see her on the Buc’s roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              You can’t look at any coach’s contribution to a program during a one-two year window. This year is a big year for the Buckeyes as the WCHA is back to reality. They will do well but may not approach last season’s results for many reasons. How well the Buckeyes recruit and retain their players going forward will tell the story on Muzerall.
              I agree with this. I was not making an all encompassing declaration about her coaching career, which is hopefully just getting started. I was sharing a positive anecdote I heard this summer, to balance out the numerous negative views shared here. No one said it’s too early for the detractors, I think it should go both ways.

Comment

We have ears in OSU's locker room and Clarkson's coach's knew she wasn't telling anyone of her plans until she had the deal done. In most people's book that's rather underhanded. I'm not going to spill all the secrets but what Sauve said publicly and what is known here by her former teammates is quite different. Now if what she did creates even more bad blood than by OSU being beat by the 2 time defending national champs in OT. I relish the next time these programs would meet and then we'll see who's more motivated!
                Fixed your post. I guess some people are just sore losers.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                  I agree with this. I was not making an all encompassing declaration about her coaching career, which is hopefully just getting started. I was sharing a positive anecdote I heard this summer, to balance out the numerous negative views shared here. No one said it’s too early for the detractors, I think it should go both ways.
                  I agree, it goes both ways.

Sauve leaving, and how she left, is a non issue for me. If a coach can tell a teenage girl in an April exit interview that she is not welcome back on the team the next year, why cant a player do the same? How about a coach telling a player that in July?

How about a coach telling a player they cannot get surgery on a wrist mid-season and they need to live with the pain because its all about winning? Or a coach playing a player until their hips fall out?

Players get 4 years to play. I have no issues if they find a better situation for themselves or how they go about it.

Elander will be a huge loss for this team. Players genuinely liked him wherever he coached. I have yet to hear one person say one bad thing about him.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                    I agree, it goes both ways.
                    I wasn’t talking about Elander or Sauve, but yea best wishes to both of them. Particularly Sauvé, she knew her rights and she exercised them. That’s great.

Anyway, excited to see what the Buckeyes achieve this year.

Comment

Nice sweep this weekend! Can't say I'm a fan of these Team Canada knock-off jerseys they're wearing though...
                      Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                      University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        Fixed your post. I guess some people are just sore losers.
                        Hey, if it was a clean win I would have no problem being a gracious loser and congratulating Clarkson but it was a controversial "win" and a lot of people who aren't OSU fans saw it the was I did that the officiating gave away the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                          Sounds like sour grapes to me. Honestly why would she discuss her transfer with anyone until it is complete. It is a private decision isn’t it and really none of anyone’s business but her own and the teams involved. Anyhow, shouldn’t you be getting ready for practice?
                          I would say it was a personal decision more than a private one.
                          When you are on a team they become your friends and your family. To leave without warning was hurtful to those here who thought they were friends and a program that depended on her.
                          That's universally and ethically wrong in the world of sports.
                          To leave of course was her right to choose but the WAY she did it was wrong.

Comment

I would say it was a personal decision more than a private one.
                            When you are on a team they become your friends and your family. To leave without warning was hurtful to those here who thought they were friends and a program that depended on her.
                            That's universally and ethically wrong in the world of sports.
                            To leave of course was her right to choose but the WAY she did it was wrong.
                            Love people who decide what's right or wrong for somebody else. You don't know the full story any more than the next person so I doubt it's really your place to judge her. Anyway, a new season has begun so it's long past the time for you to let it go and move on!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              Love people who decide what's right or wrong for somebody else. You don't know the full story any more than the next person so I doubt it's really your place to judge her. Anyway, a new season has begun so it's long past the time for you to let it go and move on!
                              I am late on this so I will just wrap up both games in the same post.

Both games were very similar with Ohio State getting out to 2-1 and 3-1 leads, then Quinnipiac came back with late goals to make the final scores 3-2 in both games.

In Friday night's game, Ohio State opened the scoring with a goal from Emma Maltais to take a 1-0 lead in the second period after a scoreless first. Quinnipiac would get the equalizer in the third period on a goal by Taylor House. The Buckeyes would answer with goals from Liz Schepers and Maddy Field to go up 3-1. Quinnipiac would get a late goal from Randi Marcon after pulling their goaltender for an extra attacker to make the final score 3-2. Shots on goal were pretty even with the Buckeyes outshooting Quinnipiac 21-20. Buckeye goaltender Amanda Zeglen stopped 18 of the 20 shots she faced. Bobcat netminder Abbie Ives stopped 18 of the 21 shots she faced.

It wasn't quite a carbon copy, but today's game was very similar. After a scoreless first period, Ohio State got a goal from Olivia Soares to take a 1-0 lead. The Bobcats tied the game on a goal by Melissa Samoskevich. Tatum Skaggs broke the tie with her first goal of the season in the second period, then added a power play goal in the third period to give the Buckeyes a 3-1 lead. Quinnipiac answered with another goal from Melissa Samoskevich to make the score 3-2 and that is how it ended. The Buckeyes outshot Quinnipiac in today's game 35-22. Buckeye netminder Amanda Zeglen stopped 20 of the 22 shots she faced. Bobcat goalie Allison Small stopped 32 of the 35 shots she faced.

I was really impressed with Quinnipiac's facility and needless to say, I'm hoping to make a return trip there in March for the Frozen Four.

Both teams are back in action next weekend. Ohio State has a big series at home with Colgate. Quinnipiac will host Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                                Still don't believe in ethics eh? I know more about it than YOU do for certain. We swept the opening weekend so it is a new season but I'm just having fun pointing out that the people who defend her are ignorant.

Comment

Working...
                                X