Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

So, how does everyone feel that we seem to have gone into split weekends between Romeo & Napier in net? A number of programs would alternate their goalies if they had two good enough but this is rather new territory for us.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-29-2018, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      So, how does everyone feel that we seem to have gone into split weekends between Romeo & Napier in net? A number of programs would alternate their goalies if they had two good enough but this is rather new territory for us.
      I have no problem with this since both guys are performing well. That said, one of them better not have even a small slump.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
        I have no problem with this since both guys are performing well. That said, one of them better not have even a small slump.
        Yea i feel the same way but it will be interesting come playoff and tournament time to see if this continues.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          Yea i feel the same way but it will be interesting come playoff and tournament time to see if this continues.
          I hope come tourney time the situation is still the same because that would mean both guys are healthy and playing well. A rather nice problem to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
            I hope come tourney time the situation is still the same because that would mean both guys are healthy and playing well. A rather nice problem to deal with.
            Having a fresh guy ready to go each night isn't a bad thing!

Comment

Pretty intense game going into the 3rd. Just wish that Carson would remember he has teammates out there.

Comment

Pretty intense game going into the 3rd. Just wish that Carson would remember he has teammates out there.
                So many chances to be ahead in this game hope that dont bite them in the 3rd. Carson has to finish that play around the net.

Comment

WOW!
                  What a finish! I though we outplayed the Gophers in nearly every aspect of the game yet they were tenacious as to be expected in their barn.
                  How we survived the OT power play and Romeo getting away with felony armed robbery on Pitlick! That has to be a National play of the week!
                  Way to go Buckeyes, let's go for the sweep!

Comment

To dominate that game the way they did and only come out of it with a tie is awful. They had so many chances in the first 2 periods and only to have 1 goal to show for it bit them in the butt later. The penalty that led to the tieing goal was dumb and completely avoidable. They had the puck twice on their stick and failed to clear right before the penalty and then take an unforced penalty. 2 points is better than none on to tomorrow and a chance to get 5 points this weekend. BTW i think this team is much better than Minnesota but the Gophers have some serious players man they can really skate.

Comment

BTW i think this team is much better than Minnesota but the Gophers have some serious players man they can really skate.
                      In what way did they skate? Yes they had some opportunities on some plays they way their guys came in trying to time rebounds or a pass but we pretty consistently beat them to the puck or took it from them. We did have some puck luck when their guy was on Romeo's doorstep with Romeo way off to the side and he fanned the shot. That would have been a game changer. I couldn't see who blew the coverage and let him be there all alone.
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-30-2018, 11:09 PM.

Comment

I feel comfortable going into this weekend and not just because the Gophers have had issues but because that ungodly big ice of theirs used to confound us terribly but in the past couple seasons we seem to have adjusted to it. Just hope our new players won't have a problem with it.
                        The Buckeyes did just fine on the big ice sheet. And it was truly a vast expanse during the 3x3 portion of the OT!

WOW!
                        What a finish! I though we outplayed the Gophers in nearly every aspect of the game yet they were tenacious as to be expected in their barn.
                        How we survived the OT power play and Romeo getting away with felony armed robbery on Pitlick! That has to be a National play of the week!
                        Way to go Buckeyes, let's go for the sweep!
                        I'm not a big fan of tie-breaking gimmicks. But last night's 3x3 was a ton of fun.

To dominate that game the way they did and only come out of it with a tie is awful... 2 points is better than none on to tomorrow and a chance to get 5 points this weekend. BTW i think this team is much better than Minnesota but the Gophers have some serious players man they can really skate.
                        Did the Buckeyes leave a point on the table? Obviously Yes. But it would be a mistake to underestimate the talent on the Gophers roster. Like the Buckeyes, there are some serious sharp shooters on that team. Quite honestly all 5 successful shots were impressive.

At this point, the Gophers are a team in transition, and don't have their usual cohesive offense. But it was actually pretty fascinating watching the Gophers play for the upset. And MN almost pulled it off. They were stingy 5x5, and very effective on the 5x4 PK. What were we, -1 for 4 on the PP during regulation time?

In what way did they skate? Yes they had some opportunities on some plays they way their guys came in trying to time rebounds or a pass but we pretty consistently beat them to the puck or took it from them...
                        Well, they certainly skated on the back-check. For that reason, lots of the shots in the transition game were forced to the outside. Robson's ordinarily going to handle those. When Hein easily split the Gopher 'D,' that was the first time they truly broke down.

Should the Buckeyes have closed things out after the Hein goal? Yes, of course. But don't be sad; cuz 2 out of 3 ain't bad. Meatloaf tastes better on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                          The Buckeyes did just fine on the big ice sheet. And it was truly a vast expanse during the 3x3 portion of the OT!

I'm not a big fan of tie-breaking gimmicks. But last night's 3x3 was a ton of fun.

Did the Buckeyes leave a point on the table? Obviously Yes. But it would be a mistake to underestimate the talent on the Gophers roster. Like the Buckeyes, there are some serious sharp shooters on that team. Quite honestly all 5 successful shots were impressive.

At this point, the Gophers are a team in transition, and don't have their usual cohesive offense. But it was actually pretty fascinating watching the Gophers play for the upset. And MN almost pulled it off. They were stingy 5x5, and very effective on the 5x4 PK. What were we, -1 for 4 on the PP during regulation time?
                          I should have used a different word instead of awful probably should have used disappointing instead. I am pleased with the 2 points they got. That 3 on 3 is very entertaining. Minnesota made it very hard on the Buckeyes 5 on 5 you are correct. Ohio State earned every chance they got with hard work. Tonight is going to be a test of wills which team can sustain pressure and outlast the other with the length of the game yesterday. Last game before the break lets get out of Minneapolis with 5 of 6 points.

Comment

I should have used a different word instead of awful probably should have used disappointing instead. I am pleased with the 2 points they got. That 3 on 3 is very entertaining. Minnesota made it very hard on the Buckeyes 5 on 5 you are correct. Ohio State earned every chance they got with hard work. Tonight is going to be a test of wills which team can sustain pressure and outlast the other with the length of the game yesterday. Last game before the break lets get out of Minneapolis with 5 of 6 points.
                            Well put; it's all good.

Comment

We expended a lot of energy last night playing up tempo the way we did on the big ice. What we have left in the tank tonight should be a good indicator of this team's stamina and level of physical conditioning.

Comment

Talk about poor officiating. Not only was that guy on top of Tommy he slashed him as well! No excuse when it's all on the video you reviewed!

Comment

Working...
                                X