Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2018-19

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    As well as the Lakers played in the 1st period, they probably should have been up at least 3-0 after that period. And they can't be happy about giving up 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of the game. Still, a win on the road is good even if it was closer than it should have been. It sounded like a couple of the D are battling illness so hopefully they'll be feeling better today and ready to go tonight. Plus Ruggiero will be able to play tonight and that will help. We were going with only 5 regular D last night and not all healthy ones at that.
    I was wondering why Anderson was not in there. I had the FloTV broadcast through Huntsville and they did not make any mention of that.

Comment

I know it's early but thoughts on how Whitten is handling the team given the solid start to your season?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
        I was wondering why Anderson was not in there. I had the FloTV broadcast through Huntsville and they did not make any mention of that.
        I didn't see the game but had the YesFm radio stream on. I missed most of the pre-game show but did hear that some guys on D were battling illness. Maybe Anderson was one of them and just not up to playing. That would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
          I know it's early but thoughts on how Whitten is handling the team given the solid start to your season?
          Hard to tell this early. Good start but we're not playing strong teams yet. I think we'll have a better feel in another month or so. Defense should be a bit stronger than in recent years. Can we score enough goals on a consistent basis?

Comment

There is something we don't see to often . The Lakers coming from behind in the third period and holding on to win. Good game team .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              There is something we don't see to often . The Lakers coming from behind in the third period and holding on to win. Good game team .
              It sounded like they came out kind of flat on offense, especially the first half or so of the game. Mitens played well in net.

Comment

Bill,are you and I the only two left on the thread ?

Comment

I follow the thread, but work blocked my ability to post (not see...or sign in, just post) so now I have to log on my phone to post, so I only do it when I need to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

There are a few others who post occasionally. I think some users quit posting because they got tired of the same old garbage being posted by the Roquettes and by those who were unhappy with the selection of Damon as coach. Although not a lot of fans are posting, there are quite a few "Guest" users who frequently view the thread. Presumably at least some of those are Laker fans (who may eventually start posting).

Comment

There are a few others who post occasionally. I think some users quit posting because they got tired of the same old garbage being posted by the Roquettes and by those who were unhappy with the selection of Damon as coach. Although not a lot of fans are posting, there are quite a few "Guest" users who frequently view the thread. Presumably at least some of those are Laker fans (who may eventually start posting).
                      I'm lurking on the board. A lot of us WCHA people are paying attention to a team that's 4-0, all on the road!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                        I'm lurking on the board. A lot of us WCHA people are paying attention to a team that's 4-0, all on the road!
                        Yep!

Comment

I’m an MSU fan and I poke in now and then because I remember watching Whitten when I was a kid and hope he succeeds. Also, there’s the old CCHA connection.

The Lakers are America’s team.

Comment

The Lakers got 13 votes in this week's USCHO poll.

Comment

I don’t post anymore, as it’s been a few years since my last Laker game (I live downstate now). I do however read the forum regularly, and enjoy the ongoing conversations!

Comment

Some news on former Laker Kevin Czuczman:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ho...rough-waivers/

Comment

Working...
                                X