Darwinism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Darwinism

And hey, there was another gender reveal explosion the day after that one. This one didn't kill anyone, but maybe we can find quieter methods to reveal what'll be in that kid's pants.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      And hey, there was another gender reveal explosion the day after that one. This one didn't kill anyone, but maybe we can find quieter methods to reveal what'll be in that kid's pants.
      How about a dinner and just having a toast and saying "It's a (insert gender)! Yay!"
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        How about a dinner and just having a toast and saying "It's a (insert gender)! Yay!"
        I don't understand how anyone can think trans people are mentally ill after stuff like this.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

We all do the best we can. Someday we’ll understand sex and gender.

Until then, our aunts, uncles, and grandparents will still get blue for boys and pink for girls.

Except my mom, she’s awesome like that.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            We all do the best we can. Someday we’ll understand sex and gender.

Until then, our aunts, uncles, and grandparents will still get blue for boys and pink for girls.

Except my mom, she’s awesome like that.
            I don't recall the last (traditional) gender-specific gift (including colors) that was given to any children that I know of in the last few years. I think it's just more of curiosity of a boy or a girl.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Yeah. I totally agree. Pretty rare for infants.

I always like giving LEGO when they’re old enough. Or things like K’nex, sciencey stuff, or books.

Kids will be relentlessly tormented for ten to twelve years before they laugh all the way to the bank.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Someday we’ll understand sex and gender.
                Nah, we really won't.

We've had 300 thousand years FFS.

It will always be a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. The best we can do is not make people feel like sh-t about themselves.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I always like giving LEGO when they’re old enough. Or things like K’nex, sciencey stuff, or books.

Kids will be relentlessly tormented for ten to twelve years before they laugh all the way to the bank.
                  Def on the gifts. Something fun, but also something they can learn from. Bonus is if the gift annoys the parents.

Comment

LEGO are excellent if you resent the parents. I plan to get my grandkids a host of pointy toys.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Nah, we really won't.

We've had 300 thousand years FFS.

It will always be a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. The best we can do is not make people feel like sh-t about themselves.
                      I don’t believe that and I’m not sure you do either. It hasn’t been but the last 30 years we’ve even started to explore gender for what it really is. In those 30 years we’ve learned a lot. Just because the evangelicals and their bigotry are deeply entrenched doesn’t mean society at large won’t adopt the more correct theories.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        I don't recall the last (traditional) gender-specific gift (including colors) that was given to any children that I know of in the last few years. I think it's just more of curiosity of a boy or a girl.
                        You need to come down here. It's still trucks vs dollies. When they hit 5 it's guns vs tea cups.
                        Cornell University

Comment

What if I bought a drum set?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            LEGO are excellent if you resent the parents. I plan to get my grandkids a host of pointy toys.
                            Just buy a giant Rubbermaid tub. Or have a separate room in the basement just for legos and toys. Our parents would have rather walked through the Cambodian border than set foot in that room.
                            Code:

Comment

I’m also glad future mrs. dx is completely in agreement with this. Hell, she’s more in front of the science than I am.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                What if I bought a drum set?
                                Dr. Mrs. got her nephew this and her sister gave her a look of utter withering hatred.

Then she realized it also had synthesizer sirens.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X