Clear All

Re: Darwinism

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    How’d that work in Caddyshack?
    The Gopher won!

Comment

This is in The NY Times and I’m not wasting an article on it

“ A woman in Iowa died on Saturday after flying debris from an explosion during a gender reveal announcement struck her, the authorities said.”

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        This is in The NY Times and I’m not wasting an article on it

“ A woman in Iowa died on Saturday after flying debris from an explosion during a gender reveal announcement struck her, the authorities said.”
        Here is the description from the local media:

On Saturday afternoon five family members and the expectant mother gathered and placed gunpowder in the bottom of a homemade stand that was welded to a metal base plate. A hole had been drilled in the side for a fuse, a piece of wood was placed on top of the gunpowder and colored powder was placed on top of the board. Tape was then wrapped over the top of the metal tubing, inadvertently creating a pipe bomb. Instead of the gunpowder shooting the powder out the top of the stand, the stand exploded sending metal pieces flying. One of these metal pieces struck Pamela Kreimeyer in the head causing instant death. She was standing with other family members approximately 45 feet from the device. It’s believed that the projectile that struck the victim then continued another 144 yards through the air coming to rest in a field.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Gender reveal parties are the worst.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Particularly since the actual gender reveal is when you turn about 16.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Particularly since the actual gender reveal is when you turn about 16.
              Mine wasn't until I turned 36.

Also, gender reveal parties make me worry about the cis.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

On Saturday afternoon five family members and the expectant mother gathered and placed gunpowder in the bottom of a homemade stand that was welded to a metal base plate. A hole had been drilled in the side for a fuse, a piece of wood was placed on top of the gunpowder and colored powder was placed on top of the board. Tape was then wrapped over the top of the metal tubing, inadvertently creating a pipe bomb. Instead of the gunpowder shooting the powder out the top of the stand, the stand exploded sending metal pieces flying. One of these metal pieces struck Pamela Kreimeyer in the head causing instant death. She was standing with other family members approximately 45 feet from the device. It’s believed that the projectile that struck the victim then continued another 144 yards through the air coming to rest in a field.
                We had colored frosting inside the center of the cupcakes people were served. The only concern for life we had was against the Deep Sugar conspiracies.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

So......boy or girl? Sheesh journalism today ain't what it used to be.

Also "inadvertently created a pipe bomb" might be the second most "Iowan" statement ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    So......boy or girl? Sheesh journalism today ain't what it used to be.

Also "inadvertently created a pipe bomb" might be the second most "Iowan" statement ever.
                    IOWA. Idiots Out Wandering Around.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      IOWA. Idiots Out Wandering Around.
                      I also like I Oughtta Went Around.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Future mrs. dx and I are in absolute agreement that there will be no gender or sex reveal parties. I won’t be having an diaper parties either. Baby showers are probably fine, but no expectations.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Pun intended?
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Future mrs. dx and I are in absolute agreement that there will be no gender or sex reveal parties. I won’t be having an diaper parties either. Baby showers are probably fine, but no expectations.
                            Stop injecting sense into the Darwin thread

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              Pun intended?
                              Lol. I wish I were that clever all the time.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                Agreed.
                                That's why when people asked if we knew if the parasite was a boy or girl, I'd answer dragon.
                                Why should anyone care enough about the developing sexual organs of a fetus to invite friends and family over to celebrate/reveal which organs it'll be?
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X