Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Fifteenth Illinois State Police trooper/vehicle to be struck since January 1st, second fatally. For comparison, eight were struck *ALL* of last year.

As someone who works construction on these same stretches of highway, I'm real close to recommending these distracted/drunk/etc drivers who hit these troopers get strung up to the light poles along the tollway like captured pirates were in the colonial Carribean era.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

My SIL’s dad was hit last year. His coworker was killed and he just had a broken arm thankfully. He had been very vocal about getting more protection for his team on the stretch of stretch of road they were hit.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Fifteenth Illinois State Police trooper/vehicle to be struck since January 1st, second fatally. For comparison, eight were struck *ALL* of last year.

As someone who works construction on these same stretches of highway, I'm real close to recommending these distracted/drunk/etc drivers who hit these troopers get strung up to the light poles along the tollway like captured pirates were in the colonial Carribean era.
        I don't think I can say this any more clearly. MOVE. THE. ****. OVER.

There have only been a handful of times I wasn't able to get over with an emergency vehicle on the side of the road. I slowed down to a crawl until I got by them.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Sixteenth ISP officer involved crash happened this morning on the Tri-State around Gurnee. Third fatality since Jan 1. and second this fu**ing week.

Unfortunately MNS, we're preaching to the choir here, as the ones that need to hear it wont see it.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Pressure on Phoenix police over spike in officer-involved shootings

Phoenix-based activist group Poder in Action said the Phoenix police department has a history of aggression and issued a travel advisory for minorities last year in response to police violence in the city. Parris Wallace works with Poder in Action. She told us about one shooting last year involving 34-year-old Rabi Brown, who was shot and killed by police responding to a call at a bus terminal. "He was sitting at one of the benches, and somebody said that they saw him playing with a gun," Wallace said. Arizona is an open carry state, which means it's legal to carry a gun in plain sight. But at least one witness said she did not see Brown with a gun at the station, and that he appeared to be listening to music. "They ended up boarding the bus and shooting him in front of over 30 people," Wallace said.

You want to know what stops the cops from killing people who are not a threat to them and are not committing felonies? Send a few more to prsion. We don't even need to see them in prison for 20 or 30 or 40 years. Manslaughter convictions and 5 or 10 years behind bars would do it. It is not the severity of the punishment that serves as a deterrent but the certainty of punishment. For far too long there has been an all but certain likelihood that if you kill someone for no good reason other than you panicked while serving as a cop, you do NO time. That is changing though as we've seen a few guilty verdicts and more cops landing behind bars. I want to live in a country where cops get automatic respect because they deserve automatic respect. When they stop needlessly killing unarmed people, maybe that will come to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              Pressure on Phoenix police over spike in officer-involved shootings

You want to know what stops the cops from killing people who are not a threat to them and are not committing felonies? Send a few more to prsion. We don't even need to see them in prison for 20 or 30 or 40 years. Manslaughter convictions and 5 or 10 years behind bars would do it. It is not the severity of the punishment that serves as a deterrent but the certainty of punishment. For far too long there has been an all but certain likelihood that if you kill someone for no good reason other than you panicked while serving as a cop, you do NO time. That is changing though as we've seen a few guilty verdicts and more cops landing behind bars. I want to live in a country where cops get automatic respect because they deserve automatic respect. When they stop needlessly killing unarmed people, maybe that will come to pass.
              IMO, the MN Noor case is not looking good for him, nor another cop or two that arrived at the scene...that could be the start of it.....
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                IMO, the MN Noor case is not looking good for him, nor another cop or two that arrived at the scene...that could be the start of it.....
                The Sgt. on the scene actually admitted to turning off her bodycam so as to keep private conversations private between herself and Noor. Other cops admitted to shenanigans, too. The MPD should be in Big Bad Trouble, Mr..
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The Noor case isnt the start of it, it will be the "See Cops get in Trouble Too!" case. That case will be like the "Black Friend" racists have...the exception that proves the rule.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    The Noor case isnt the start of it, it will be the "See Cops get in Trouble Too!" case. That case will be like the "Black Friend" racists have...the exception that proves the rule.
                    Pretty much, it's interesting to see everyone taking the victim's side here when the races are reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      That's the thing. This case should be a lay up for the prosecution. Minority cop, white victim in her bathrobe. No suggestion by anyone that a weapon was even involved in the crime that had been called in. Shot by a cop sitting in a car who had to shoot across the front of his partner seated in the driver's seat.

But the news stories I've read on the case create a sense that it's a bit of a mess. If they lose this one I don't see how you can ever successfully prosecute a cop in Minnesota.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

That was already obvious after the Philando case.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          That was already obvious after the Philando case.
                          That was a tougher case for the prosecution. Not that they couldn't have or shouldn't have won it, but there was a gun in the car.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

They should've won that one, the only rational reason the cop had to fear for his life was due to the order he gave to someone after already hearing that the person had a (legal) concealed weapon on them.

Comment

I am still waiting for the NRA outrage over the killing of a man carrying legally by the cops. Any day now right?
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                That's the thing. This case should be a lay up for the prosecution. Minority cop, white victim in her bathrobe. No suggestion by anyone that a weapon was even involved in the crime that had been called in. Shot by a cop sitting in a car who had to shoot across the front of his partner seated in the driver's seat.

But the news stories I've read on the case create a sense that it's a bit of a mess. If they lose this one I don't see how you can ever successfully prosecute a cop in Minnesota.
                                It is a mess. Today a cop from Crystal (suburb of Mpls) testified that there was zero reason to be startled by an approaching person, happens all the time, and then due to some report (not yet released to public) theorized that Noor already has his gun unholstered and in hand. A COP testified this.

Add to that all the "suggested" to Noor/partner "slapping of the car" (no fingerprints of Damond), the body cam stuff....hoo boy.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X