Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Also... why is this person still allowed to be a cop?
    He shouldn't be a cop anymore, but DPD is understaffed and loathe to get rid of anyone. Plus once they are sworn officers and members of the union, I imagine it is a lengthy process to fire them, even for cause.

Comment

Text messages show Portland OR police officers working with right wing extremists

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...tremists-after

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Text messages show Portland OR police officers working with right wing extremists

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...tremists-after
        Umm...

In one series of messages, Niiya appears to tell Gibson that he will not seek an arrest of Gibson’s assistant, Tusitala “Tiny” Toese, despite there being an active warrant for Toese.

"Just make sure he doesn't do anything which may draw our attention," Niiya told Gibson in 2017, according to the Willamette Week. “If he still has the warrant in the system (I don't run you guys so I don't personally know) the officers could arrest him. I don't see a need to arrest on the warrant unless there is a reason."
        The best is...this was the response from a police spokeswoman:

A police spokeswoman told Willamette Week that it was not unusual for law enforcement to encourage people to turn themselves in on an active warrant, especially if a “crowd management situation” is involved.
        Hey dumbass read the text again. Nowhere does it mention the guy turning himself in it is saying he wont be arrested as long as he isnt noticed. That is the OPPOSITE of having him turn himself in. You should be fired just for being a moron.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't see a need to arrest on the warrant unless there is a reason.
          Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Huh.
            And here I was always told the warrant was the reason
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jason Van Dyke, the ex-Chicago cop who murdered Laquan McDonald, was beaten in his cell by inmates.

Comment

Dump will probably invite him to the White House.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Upon what charges was he found guilty? I'd assume they were murder charges, and not federal charges. If that's the assumption, under what reasoning could he be transferred from the Stat of Illinois facility to a federal facility? Something smells fishy here.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Upon what charges was he found guilty? I'd assume they were murder charges, and not federal charges. If that's the assumption, under what reasoning could he be transferred from the Stat of Illinois facility to a federal facility? Something smells fishy here.
                    It isnt that uncommon from what I have read over the years...

The better question is how did he get 7 years for murder?
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      It isnt that uncommon from what I have read over the years...

The better question is how did he get 7 years for murder?
                      Transferring state prisoners to be held by the feds really doesn't make sense to me, regardless if it's common or not.

Seven years isn't that shocking - it was his first (provable) offense.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'll bet no one saw that coming.

Comment

Good, can’t have cops getting charged

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...of-raping-teen

Comment

True American heroes!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

True American heroes!
                              There were a couple of heroes in the video and neither of them had a weapon. Kudos to the victims in this video for two things. One, for the black gentleman picking up trash for NOT getting shot. Unarmed and black is a good way to get shot by a cop in American nowadays. And two, for standing up to this ridiculous example of "law enforcement" that is so prevalent today. 8 cops. 8! What other ACTUAL crime was being committed while these 8 were all standing around trying to play John Wayne? I'm told cops drive around in $60,000 SUVs because their presence in our neighborhoods supposedly prevents crime. What ACTUAL crime victims could they have been speaking with to investigate crime? I'm told that cops also solve crime by investigating.

The eventual outcome of the way policing has devolved in America over the last 25 or so years is far too ugly for most of us to think about. But at some point, a populace who fears the police will begin to take coordinated action against the police. That's when you can turn out the lights.

But this video was just an aberration I'm sure.

Comment

All he had to do was put the freaking bucket down. The cops were 100% idiots but why exacerbate the situation? I get as tired as seeing people refuse to comply as I do seeing cops overstepping their bounds. You can't "win" in that moment, there's no argument and sadly by prolonging the confrontation you increase the odds cops like this will shoot. I have empathy for anyone finding themselves in that situation yet scorn when matching the cop's stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X