Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    It's almost like decades of horrible police relations lead to this sort of thing (and honestly it'll get worse if it doesn't improve).
    Yeah I’m about out of sympathy for cops. I’ll start thinking differently when I meet one who isn’t blindly supporting the bad apple colleagues

Comment

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Yeah I’m about out of sympathy for cops. I’ll start thinking differently when I meet one who isn’t blindly supporting the bad apple colleagues
      I know a couple...but not many.

Until cops truly fear their behavior can lead to them losing their job or worse...they will never act in a way that benefits anyone but themselves. Cops are human, and we need to start remembering that and punishing accordingly.

Hell if just a few cops stood up and publicly destroyed the cops who do bad things it would help. As of now why the heck should anyone trust cops to do anything correctly? every day we find out not only the crap they pull, but the stuff they say about the people they are sworn to protect. If they dont even respect human life they shouldnt be on the job.

It goes beyond training...they need to do a better job weeding out the bad apples before they even get there. It should be a hard gig to get a job as a cop...you should need to be elite and above reproach. If they want to be treated as such they need to earn it and just passing a test at the academy isnt enough.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

We'll never get good cops until we stop recruiting them from the dregs. Right now law enforcement is basically a Dumping ground (pun intended) for guys who were too crazy or dumb for the military. If they're too crazy or dumb for the cops they join CBP.

Until we stop hiring brownshirts we will never stop getting brownshirt behavior. That's what they are capable of. Put them back in the infantry and let them and ISIS wipe each other out like the Good Lord of natural selection intended.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I know a couple...but not many.

Until cops truly fear their behavior can lead to them losing their job or worse...they will never act in a way that benefits anyone but themselves. Cops are human, and we need to start remembering that and punishing accordingly.

Hell if just a few cops stood up and publicly destroyed the cops who do bad things it would help. As of now why the heck should anyone trust cops to do anything correctly? every day we find out not only the crap they pull, but the stuff they say about the people they are sworn to protect. If they dont even respect human life they shouldnt be on the job.

It goes beyond training...they need to do a better job weeding out the bad apples before they even get there. It should be a hard gig to get a job as a cop...you should need to be elite and above reproach. If they want to be treated as such they need to earn it and just passing a test at the academy isnt enough.

Just given where society is at the moment, you'd have to think that at some point a "higher up" from Chicago/NYC/Los Angeles/ect. PD would get towards the end of their career and take the opportunity to cash in on a tell-all book or interview series. Something along the lines of what Michael Franzese did with the mob. Along those lines, I'm sure that cop will also be looking over his shoulder constantly like Franzese as well.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Just given where society is at the moment, you'd have to think that at some point a "higher up" from Chicago/NYC/Los Angeles/ect. PD would get towards the end of their career and take the opportunity to cash in on a tell-all book or interview series. Something along the lines of what Michael Franzese did with the mob. Along those lines, I'm sure that cop will also be looking over his shoulder constantly like Franzese as well.
            The higher ups don't know anything. The cops are like a corporation -- the work (good and bad) is done in the middle. The bottom are robots and the top are fruit salad.

What you would need is somebody who ran internal affairs investigations losing his mind, copying all the files, and releasing them on Wikileaks. I'm sure the level of fraud, robbery, torture, rape, and murder not to mention racism, sexism, xenophobia and homophobia are the equivalent of 1930s Tennessee.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What I am saying, is think about the thousands upon thousands of interactions of cops and people, and how many bad ones we actually hear about? And these guys did nothing that we know about, and are trashed, physically assaulted, etc?

I hear we should not judge the actions of many, because of the actions of a few. Go ahead, and basically name any group nowadays: gun owners and Muslims seem to be the trend lately...so why are cops different?

If I went and assaulted one of the groups I mentioned, I'd be in friggin' jail.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's not the few, there are departments with literal nazis in them and nobody within those departments does anything about it. And when one of them commits an atrocious act like murder, the union goes out of their way to defend the cops and the blue wall comes up.

The same can not be said for the groups you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  It's not the few, there are departments with literal nazis in them and nobody within those departments does anything about it. And when one of them commits an atrocious act like murder, the union goes out of their way to defend the cops and the blue wall comes up.

The same can not be said for the groups you mention.
                  Next time you need some help, don't bother with them, then, since obviously you can't trust them.

The bad cops should be gone. And there are bad cops. They are not the majority. If you truly believe they are the majority, why rely on them for any help?
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Next time you need some help, don't bother with them, then, since obviously you can't trust them.
                    Ok...?

The bad cops should be gone. And there are bad cops. They are not the majority. If you truly believe they are the majority, why rely on them for any help?
                    If the "good cops" enable the bad cops by sitting on their hands every time one of the bad cops commits murder then how "good" are they truly?

And to be fair this is a problem that goes higher up the ladder than the cops you see on the road or what have you but at an institutional level it's completely broken throughout this country and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up (and the justice dept. needs to do a better job of holding police accountable as well).

Comment

Ok...?

If the "good cops" enable the bad cops by sitting on their hands every time one of the bad cops commits murder then how "good" are they truly?

And to be fair this is a problem that goes higher up the ladder than the cops you see on the road or what have you but at an institutional level it's completely broken throughout this country and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up (and the justice dept. needs to do a better job of holding police accountable as well).
                      Reading the last part of your post, I stand by my statement. If you think the whole is that bad, then why call them if you are in trouble?

Comment

I don't ****ing call them lol.

Comment

I don't ****ing call them lol.
                          I would hope not, with that bias you have.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            What I am saying, is think about the thousands upon thousands of interactions of cops and people, and how many bad ones we actually hear about? And these guys did nothing that we know about, and are trashed, physically assaulted, etc?

I hear we should not judge the actions of many, because of the actions of a few. Go ahead, and basically name any group nowadays: gun owners and Muslims seem to be the trend lately...so why are cops different?

If I went and assaulted one of the groups I mentioned, I'd be in friggin' jail.
                            First of all no one should be assaulted. Even the most ardent anti-cop person would say that.

Second, it isnt a few. You have to get past your bias and see that. The sheer number of stories we post here prove that and this is a SMALL fraction of what is out there. And that is just the stuff that is made public...how many more have we never heard about.

And I dont care if it is 1/100000000 interactions it is still too ****ed many.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

First of all no one should be assaulted.
                              You post is invalid.
                              Cornell University

Comment

First of all no one should be assaulted. Even the most ardent anti-cop person would say that.

Second, it isnt a few. You have to get past your bias and see that. The sheer number of stories we post here prove that and this is a SMALL fraction of what is out there. And that is just the stuff that is made public...how many more have we never heard about.

And I dont care if it is 1/100000000 interactions it is still too ****ed many.
                                I have always agreed it has been too many. I have never said otherwise.

I'm against the overall generalization of some here that say police in general cannot be trusted because of the actions of a few. It's bullsh*.

Comment

Working...
                                X