Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Ok, I’m gonna disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      So you believe the jury looked at Noor and found him guilty because of his race and not the facts?
      You do think if all the facts were the same but the races were reversed he'd have gotten off?
      I do. Not a conspiracy or anything but I think if Noor's name was Smith and her name Jackson or Brown he doesnt serve a day. Plenty of cases the last few years to back up that hypothesis.

But as it is Justice was done. It means nothing though because no other cop will get convicted going forward.
      Last edited by Handyman; 04-30-2019, 08:08 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Yes we do. I'm saying I can understand (even though I don't agree) that a jury could reach that Yanez felt his life was in danger....there can be no such belief with Noor.
        Then dont be a cop. Sorry but if I am walking down the street and feel scared I cant just shoot people. Cops being treated like snowflakes is half the problem.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          There's no question that the demographics of the case were a factor. Black cop, white woman, and he was clearly guilty. That's an open and shut case for any DA willing to prosecute, and allows them to say, "See, we got one! We're totally not buds with the po-po!"
          I have been saying this for months. This case is everyone's "black friend".
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Then dont be a cop. Sorry but if I am walking down the street and feel scared I cant just shoot people. Cops being treated like snowflakes is half the problem.
            That I don't disagree with...but saying no cop will ever be convicted again? Really?
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

As someone who lived a few blocks from where this happened, I’m glad he was convicted.

Lots of white cops with way more evidence against have walked in recent times, though.

Comment

Yanez got off on a technicality, IIRC. IMO, the jury wanted to convict him, but could not, due to the law.

Noor was rightfully convicted. And the BCA needs vast improvement, as shown by this case.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think a lot of credit has to go to the assistant county attorneys who prosecuted the case. They basically called out the Minneapolis police force and BCA for the "blue wall" they put up around Noor. At the same time, their boss Mike Freeman, who is and always will be a horrible political hack, basically twisted himself into a pretzel apologizing to the police force and reassuring the public that this was the one and only extraordinary time where a cop got out of line and needed to be punished.

I tend to cut cops more slack than most on here, especially when the shooting victim has on his person a weapon or is in the commission of a crime, but shooting an unarmed woman walking around in a bathrobe, while you are in a car with your partner as your back up, is senseless.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Last known footage of a murder victim.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Bland was arrested after a traffic stop in 2015 and later died in jail. Her death was ruled a suicide. Dallas TV station WFAA published footage Monday of a newly unearthed video that Bland herself recorded of the traffic stop incident. In the video, Bland is in her car when Encinia said "I will light you up" while aiming his stun gun at her.

Encinia told investigators that he thought his "safety was in jeopardy at more than one time" during the altercation. He was charged with perjury related to the incident, but the charges were dropped in 2017.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm sure it's just a few bad apples.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Republicans will surely charge him with two murders right?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...gle-over-taser

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

A pregnant member of my wife's church was executed by her boyfriend. The state wanted to charge him with felony murder x 2, but state law does not recognize a non viable fetus as a human.

The church (MS Lutheran) had a funeral service for both mother and child.

The SOB was found hanging in his cell the day the trial was to start.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

All we need is separate fetus laws since they're not considered persons under the law. I have no problem with that. Republicans do though. They would go ape**** with different laws and standards for fetuses.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                All we need is separate fetus laws since they're not considered persons under the law. I have no problem with that. Republicans do though. They would go ape**** with different laws and standards for fetuses.
                                That's the issue I have. Kill a pregnant mom and her fetus? It's x2 murder. Abortion? Legal. Make it consistent one way or the other. Please.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X