Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Guilty on 2nd degree manslaughter and 3rd degree murder.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Guilty on 2nd degree manslaughter and 3rd degree murder.
      According to the Washington Post, he's looking at 12.5 to 17 years as a guest of the state.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Can’t imagine what the difference was this time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          Can’t imagine what the difference was this time around.
          Race may have factored...but it's wrong IMO to say it's the only thing.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

It’s never the ONLY thing in any single case involving non-violent black people getting shot (which happens at a disproportionate rate) with zero consequences for the officer. On aggregate though it’s hard to say that it’s not the main factor.

Comment

It’s never the ONLY thing in any single case involving non-violent black people getting shot (which happens at a disproportionate rate) with zero consequences for the officer. On aggregate though it’s hard to say that it’s not the main factor.
              If you believe in conspiracies sure...
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Uh no, racism in this country has nothing to do with conspiracies.

Comment

Uh no, racism in this country has nothing to do with conspiracies.
                  So you believe the jury looked at Noor and found him guilty because of his race and not the facts?
                  You do think if all the facts were the same but the races were reversed he'd have gotten off?
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I think this was the right outcome but you’d be deluding yourself if you don’t think race wasn’t a factor in a number of other cases such as Philando’s or some of the various other cases over the years in which a white cop (or someone like George Zimmerman) got off scot-free (or didn’t and got an extremely light sentence given the circumstances like the cop in Oakland who reached for his real gun instead of his taser) after shooting/killing a non-threatening black person. I don’t know if it had a factor in this one case or not but given the history of these cases and the outcomes I think that’s a possibility.

Comment

Zimmerman got off on a BS law.
                      Philando's shooter was not white...unless you are saying it's the victims race that matters.

Yes it is possible race was a factor...my issue is your insinuation race was the major factor.
                      Noor had no case...espcially when he never claimed he saved his partner or his own life in the shooting...but "feared for his life."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

There's no question that the demographics of the case were a factor. Black cop, white woman, and he was clearly guilty. That's an open and shut case for any DA willing to prosecute, and allows them to say, "See, we got one! We're totally not buds with the po-po!"

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Zimmerman got off on a BS law.
                          Among other things, namely how violent that thug Trayvon was and the fact that the one woman on the jury was clearly racist.

Philando's shooter was not white...unless you are saying it's the victims race that matters.
                          Moreso the latter but I wouldn't be surprised if Yanez considered himself white either.

Noor had no case..
                          Neither did Yanez or a lot of these other cops that's kinda one the main points here...

Comment

Major difference between Yanez and Noor...Castille had a gun....Diamond did not.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Yeah which he was legally carrying and told the cop right away. I assume everyone here knows that detail by now.

Comment

Yeah which he was legally carrying and told the cop right away. I assume everyone here knows that detail by now.
                                Yes we do. I'm saying I can understand (even though I don't agree) that a jury could reach that Yanez felt his life was in danger....there can be no such belief with Noor.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X