Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...tq_8Huq4Y3tvj8

Where did this go wrong?! Serious. This video looks protocol, the (ahem) perps were cooperating...I wanna know what the hell happened.

My personal opinion is that the cops "found something" (yeah, okay), but one cannot prove that. This video upholds the accusations against the officers, IMO.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Sounds like there were a few that for into the gated parking lot and started busting up cruisers. The Police then responded with flash bangs and tear gas to clear the lot, which escalated the furious crowd and the end was at that point written. Riot police coming out into the street to make a hard line perimeter around the precinct, as well as going out to disperse the biggest crowds.

I wasn't there, so this can be completely incorrect. Just a guess based off of what I'm seeing and reading. Not certain who escalated first, but it is usually the angry crowd that does.
      Usually the angrier of the two parties is to blame, in many a debate.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Where did this go wrong?! Serious. This video looks protocol, the (ahem) perps were cooperating...I wanna know what the hell happened.

My personal opinion is that the cops "found something" (yeah, okay), but one cannot prove that. This video upholds the accusations against the officers, IMO.
        I can’t say, but given 4 officers were fired vs placed on leave...I have to think they had solid evidence. Otherwise they’d be sued to hell

Comment

Oddly enough, the one time I think the police do need to come in with absolutely overwhelming force is to quell a developing riot. Non-lethal force, but the numbers have to be imposing. Citizens get hurt and killed in riots (sometimes by the police) and even if change comes from the riot, you can't balance the good with the destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I can’t say, but given 4 officers were fired vs placed on leave...I have to think they had solid evidence. Otherwise they’d be sued to hell
            They are still gonna get sued, civil court, and rightfully so. You know my stance on cops. That is a statement in the first degree.

Sad as it is, the firing was a PR move. The union will fight it, of course. I think the union should let this one go.

Comment

This is truly going bananas now. There's a developing confrontation in the Target parking lot. Protestors are using a semi tractor-trailer and a wall of shopping carts as cover from the rubber bullets. Being called "The Battle of Lake & Hennepin." I think we may have a Ferguson moment on our hands.
              Last edited by state of hockey; 05-26-2020, 09:29 PM.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

This is truly going bananas now. There's a developing confrontation in the Target parking lot. Protestors are using a semi tractor-trailer and a wall of shopping carts as cover from the rubber bullets. Being called "The Battle of Lake & Hennepin." I think we may have a Ferguson moment on our hands.
                No bueno. What channel you watching?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Neighbor who knows more about policing than all of us combined said it was not at all textbook. No one is trained that way.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    If you mean by sued by the cops, that is likely to happen no matter what. Even if one or more of them is found guilty in a jury trial, they will fight to get their jobs back.

Fortunately in that regard all it can cost the city is wages and benefits, plus whatever they spend to defend their actions. They'll pay their city attorneys a few tens of thousands in billable hours and an arbitrator will probably charge them anywhere from $3-10,000 per arbitration and if they win, that's the end of it.

If the cops agree to any plea bargain (assuming they even get charged with crimes, never a sure bet) those plea agreements will almost certainly include taking no administrative action against the city regarding their terminations. The city acted quickly in firing them, albeit I am sure for public relations reasons, but hopefully they have enough evidence to sustain an administrative case against any of them if that becomes necessary.

I know I'd be looking very hard at this kind of rapid, summary judgement if these guys were my members, and I have been on the losing side only twice in the dozens of arbitrations I have brought. Of course I'd sooner starve than work for a police union.

Comment

Where are you following this?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That is my old neighborhood..man that sucks. Although the Target on Lake is a friggin death trap anyways.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          If you mean by sued by the cops, that is likely to happen no matter what. Even if one or more of them is found guilty in a jury trial, they will fight to get their jobs back.

Fortunately in that regard all it can cost the city is wages and benefits, plus whatever they spend to defend their actions. They'll pay their city attorneys a few tens of thousands in billable hours and an arbitrator will probably charge them anywhere from $3-10,000 per arbitration and if they win, that's the end of it.

If the cops agree to any plea bargain (assuming they even get charged with crimes, never a sure bet) those plea agreements will almost certainly include taking no administrative action against the city regarding their terminations. The city acted quickly in firing them, albeit I am sure for public relations reasons, but hopefully they have enough evidence to sustain an administrative case against any of them if that becomes necessary.

I know I'd be looking very hard at this kind of rapid, summary judgement if these guys were my members, and I have been on the losing side only twice in the dozens of arbitrations I have brought. Of course I'd sooner starve than work for a police union.
                          In Minneapolis they can try all they want to but they wont get their jobs back.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Neighbor who knows more about policing than all of us combined said it was not at all textbook. No one is trained that way.
                            The WaPo video looked textbook all the way. No audio that I've found, so that MAY play a factor. Then there is a jump to the actual (apologies) "kill" video. What happened in between?

WaPo showed the cops asking, checking out stuff, a couple passengers stepped out, the cops made sure that they stayed in the immediate vicinity, etc. That's proper, generally. Old school, once those passengers stepped out, and not on an officer's orders, they'd be cuffed. These days, well, they aren't running, so let's just keep them close. I get it.

Comment

I'm following along on Twitter. Mostly going off of photos and videos instead of anything they say.

Comment

Seems weird that Lake Street is still open to traffic.

Comment

Working...
                                X