Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    It's not that he kneeled. That is his right. It's the fact that he didn't want accept the repercussions (right or wrong) for his action that bothers me.
    Remind me. How many wife beaters and drunk drivers are still in the NFL?

That’s what I thought. Your take is still hot enough to fuel hell for a week.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      This single post says a lot about how you really feel, Rube. You're all for people being responsible for their actions, but fail to acknowledge that minorities suffer negative repercussions from their choices at a far more frequent and harsher rate, and you're unwilling to do anything about that. That is exactly what Kaepernick was trying to point out, and why the redneck Billy Bobs and Peggy Sues who boycotted the NFL were so triggered by it. And you too, apparently.
      This.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        I *think* he's referring to Kaepernick in this case.
        And that's why the ???

Comment

I'm not talking about this guy. I'm talking about Colin.
          Roger. With respect to that there's been enough replies otherwise...

Comment

It's not that he kneeled. That is his right. It's the fact that he didn't want accept the repercussions (right or wrong) for his action that bothers me.
            I'm pretty sure you're supposed to fight your oppression, not meekly submit to it. King went to the Birmingham jail, but he wrote a book about how it was unfair. Would that have bothered you?

I understand your point but I think it is tailored-made for a psychological citadel to keep opposing someone who exposes a systemic (and personal) bias to which one is either blind or even sympathetic. So my respectful advice is examine your own heart. "Well-behaved women rarely make history" is true for everyone who bucks the system. People also nit picked the oppressed at Stonewall and Selma -- they were upsetting the status quo just by being fully human. That's what it is to fight. It's gonna bother people who didn't see a problem to begin with.

It would be good if the cops in these situations could be extended the benefit of the doubt, or just equanimity, but law enforcement has shown again and again over the decades (centuries) a tendency to gleefully and excessively maintain community standards of oppression. In times of social growth, the cops are not our friends. They are there to maintain order and in those situations order is repression.
            Last edited by Kepler; 05-27-2020, 10:28 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Where do cops of other large cities live? Most MPLS cops live in the suburbs. Makes some feel as though the city is occupied by agencies that feel no motivation to protect and serve the community. Wondering if this issue is present in other areas as well.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Frey is calling for arrest and charges against the psychopath

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Where do cops of other large cities live? Most MPLS cops live in the suburbs. Makes some feel as though the city is occupied by agencies that feel no motivation to protect and serve the community. Wondering if this issue is present in other areas as well.
                  I feel like it’s somewhat common. I grew up next to a sheriff who purposely wouldn’t live in his county of work

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Supposedly protestors have camped outside the cops house, claiming three food delivery people have decided not to deliver food

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Supposedly protestors have camped outside the cops house, claiming three food delivery people have decided not to deliver food
                        Yeah, I saw people tweeting out his supposed address yesterday. I reported them.

I want this guy to be punished for what he did, and for things to change (there goes the optimist in me again), without a doubt. But that is not okay.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Yeah...that type of stuff needs to be stopped.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            There was a movement in some states (NJ and NY at least) for cops to move into their beats, or to draw cops from there. In the city the rep was always white cops from Staten Island and Nassau County commuting in to beat/shoot Brooklyn, Queens and Bronx blacks. Bridge and tunnel working class whites are the most racist people I've ever met outside of Boston and they treated their beats like an occupying army.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Yeah, I saw people tweeting out his supposed address yesterday. I reported them.

I want this guy to be punished for what he did, and for things to change (there goes the optimist in me again), without a doubt. But that is not okay.
                              Maybe they were just trying to let the cops know where they could arrest a murderer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                There was a movement in some states (NJ and NY at least) for cops to move into their beats, or to draw cops from there. In the city the rep was always white cops from Staten Island and Nassau County commuting in to beat/shoot Brooklyn, Queens and Bronx blacks. Bridge and tunnel working class whites are the most racist people I've ever met outside of Boston and they treated their beats like an occupying army.
                                “Staten Island isn’t all racist cops and heroin, there’s also meth and racist firefighters.”
                                - Pete Davidson
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X