Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

I heard somewhere that MPLS does not approve the use of any choke holds, but I'm struggling to find it now. Could be made up.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      I heard somewhere that MPLS does not approve the use of any choke holds, but I'm struggling to find it now. Could be made up.
      That would not surprise me, especially after Eric Garner. Police should take a page from pro sports and stay away from the head and neck area.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        I don't think I have ever seen a cop kneel on someone's throat ever, much less that long. Even if it is, somehow, a legitimate use of force tactic...there is no reason to keep it on when they are unconscious...
        Neighbor Top Cop said this (the kneeling on neck) was totally incorrect. No one was ever trained to do this. NTC was pretty p—ssed on Facebook about the cops in this video.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

They will investigate themselves and determine they did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            No, they won't. BCA and FBI are already involved. They've already been fired.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              They were summarily fired already. This is different.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Shock, the officer involved here has been involved in use of force issues previously

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  No, they won't. BCA and FBI are already involved. They've already been fired.
                  It'll be involuntary manslaughter at worst (or should I say, that will be the most lenient). The civil case will be through the roof, though.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    It'll be involuntary manslaughter at worst (or should I say, that will be the most lenient). The civil case will be through the roof, though.
                    Yet another reason citizens of all stripes should be rising up and putting an end to police brutality once and for all.

Some cities are paying millions of dollars annually to settle lawsuits. Sometimes insurance covers a portion of it, but that is EXPENSIVE insurance. The City of Baltimore paid out $9 million to the family of Freddie Gray and the plaintiffs in hundreds of other lawsuits filed or settled between 2015-2019 alleging civil rights violations, including excessive use of force claims. That doesn't even include the $8 million they paid to a recruit blinded by an instructor who accidentally shot him at a training facility.

The cops are always whining about how they need to be paid more, well that $9 million would have gone a long way to that end. Or they complain about how they need more cops on the street (which is a total bull5h! claim, we need fewer in almost every big city, because research has shown more cops do not lead to less crime or more crimes solved), well $9 mil can hire some extra cops. And that is just one city.

Everybody complains about waste, fraud and abuse in the SNAP program or unemployment insurance, but we could reap a windfall if we weren't paying out settlements like those in Baltimore all over the country. Our police departments are among the biggest money wasters in all of government at the local, state and federal levels.

Comment

On the flipside, seems like CNN is on this story, and there are "peaceful protesters" that are breaking windows and destroying property. That is not cool. I expected a protest, rightfully expected a protest, but resorting to those tactics do not help. Make your voice known peacefully. It's more effective, IMO.

Let me be clear: these officers should have been fired, they should be charged with murder (with the info we have at this point). Make your points in an intelligent manner, and don't get violent. Don't escalate it.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

If it is mostly police cruisers and the precinct itself that sustains the damage, I'd call that a win if I were the MPD.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          If it is mostly police cruisers and the precinct itself that sustains the damage, I'd call that a win if I were the MPD.
                          I heard a car or two, and damage to the station. Is it as bad as past protests around the country? Nope. Not even close. I will be fair in that aspect. I am disappointed there is any damage at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            I heard a car or two, and damage to the station. Is it as bad as past protests around the country? Nope. Not even close. I will be fair in that aspect. I am disappointed there is any damage at all.
                            Yeah I’m not for breaking ****

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Yeah I’m not for breaking ****
                              *thumbsup*

Comment

Sounds like there were a few that for into the gated parking lot and started busting up cruisers. The Police then responded with flash bangs and tear gas to clear the lot, which escalated the furious crowd and the end was at that point written. Riot police coming out into the street to make a hard line perimeter around the precinct, as well as going out to disperse the biggest crowds.

I wasn't there, so this can be completely incorrect. Just a guess based off of what I'm seeing and reading. Not certain who escalated first, but it is usually the angry crowd that does.

Comment

Working...
                                X