Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Powderhorn neighborhood. 3rd precinct this time.
    Yeah I have friends who live like three blocks from there, I drive by cup foods when I go there

Comment

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

There are supposedly protests being planned for today.

I wonder how many people who were silent about all the “open it up” yahoos will now all of a sudden be upset or vocal about these protestors.

Comment

I hope that if they do protest they wear their masks...otherwise they are as reckless as the Botshivicks.

Who knew resisting arrest cause you are drunk was a Capital Crime.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The "If he'd just done what he was told" crowd is already out. My favorite response so far, "Oh, like being told to wear a mask in Menards? GTFO."
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The only way this stops is if the dude gets the chair. That's all they understand.

Having state sanctioned lethal force is a privilege. If you abuse it and kill you are a murderer. You should not be shielded.
            This. If not the chair burn him at the stake.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Please splain for us Utlänning.
              Powderhorn is in South MPLS, between downtown and uptown. Named after a small lake inside it which is shaped like a powder horn. It has Nicollet Avenue, often called "eat street" because of its many restaurants, most of which I myself do enjoy. It also has the eastern chunk of Lake Street, which is a little sketchy in places, but also where you'll find a lot of the best Mexican food in the area. Overall, not a wealthy section, but diverse and vibrant.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Powderhorn is in South MPLS, between downtown and uptown. Named after a small lake inside it which is shaped like a powder horn. It has Nicollet Avenue, often called "eat street" because of its many restaurants, most of which I myself do enjoy. It also has the eastern chunk of Lake Street, which is a little sketchy in places, but also where you'll find a lot of the best Mexican food in the area. Overall, not a wealthy section, but diverse and vibrant.
                And one neighborhood over from where I grew up.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  The only way this stops is if the dude gets the chair. That's all they understand.

Having state sanctioned lethal force is a privilege. If you abuse it and kill you are a murderer. You should not be shielded.
                  I keep hearing about all the good guys with guns out there. Too bad one of those other good guy cops didn't un-holster their firearm and do their duty.

When did the use of deadly force by cops become so casual? The notion once was they could use deadly force to protect life or to apprehend a fleeing felon. But even the "apprehend the fleeing felon" part was, for a while at least, considered to be too loose a standard, so the idea was that deadly force could be used only to protect life that was in imminent harm's way. Now it seems as if just a false claim of resisting while black and unarmed is a good enough reason.

I still believe that some day people are not going to stand for this and when they see cops doing this will just come out shooting. No one needs to die for committing any non-violent crime and the easiest way to not get hurt by someone you claim is "resisting" is to just let go of him. Frankly, if a bystander had pulled a firearm and shot that cop dead, they would have been every bit as justified as any cop is who shoots justifiably in the line of duty. That cop took an innocent life, and I thought taking a life to prevent an innocent person from being harmed or killed was supposed to be an acceptable use of force.

Comment

4 cops fired today

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...f-george-floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      They'll all win their jobs back unless they are convicted of felonies relating to this case. While 30 years ago now, remember the 2 cops who gave a 14 year old boy back to Jeff Dahmer to be killed and eaten were reinstated after the City of Milwaukee fired them. This was a boy so beaten abused, and drugged that he could not answer intelligently to who he even was. Innocent bystanders questioned the police about it and checked back in when they wanted to know if the boy was all right.

I might be the staunchest, blindly unreasonable supporter of unions on this board. Other than for 6 weeks once working in a non-union factory waiting to start another job I have never worked somewhere that provided my primary source of income that was not a union job. That was both by choice and fortunate, especially as I got older. In that time I have been a member of 7 different labor union locals (some at the same time) and I have worked for 3 different unions directly, which I continue to do so to this day. But if it meant the destruction of the FOP I'd eliminate unions tomorrow. Of all the jokes (and the truths) about unions functioning as cartels and all the racketeering, the FOP is by far the worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Kroll needs to go next. Won't happen, but it would be a big help in shifting the culture.

Comment

(4) cops with body cameras and they just stood there and watched this bs? What in the ****ing hell is going on here? Everyone has seen the video from New York. If the guy says he can't breathe come up with some other method. What the **** do you have handcuffs for? jfc.

Comment

Maybe they’ll say they were scared because he didn’t have a mask on

Comment

I lasted 30 seconds into the video. I had to shut it off.

WHAT IN THE ****ING HELL IS WRONG WITH THE POLICE?????

Kill em. Just kill em. It's the only thing they seem to understand.

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen a cop kneel on someone's throat ever, much less that long. Even if it is, somehow, a legitimate use of force tactic...there is no reason to keep it on when they are unconscious...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X