Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 6: The More You Pay, The Faster We'll Come!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    In Minneapolis they can try all they want to but they wont get their jobs back.
    I don't know why you think this. If the fired officers want to fight for their jobs, their union will do it, and it will be up to a neutral third party to make a ruling. I don't care how progressive a city Minneapolis is. Can anyone really believe the cops who let Jeffery Dahmer kill and eat a 14 year old boy -- after Dahmer had already committed more than a dozen other murders -- filed grievances over their terminations? They did, and were awarded their jobs back. Police unions win cases like this all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      I don't know why you think this. If the fired officers want to fight for their jobs, their union will do it, and it will be up to a neutral third party to make a ruling. I don't care how progressive a city Minneapolis is. Can anyone really believe the cops who let Jeffery Dahmer kill and eat a 14 year old boy -- after Dahmer had already committed more than a dozen other murders -- filed grievances over their terminations? They did, and were awarded their jobs back. Police unions win cases like this all the time.
      Times do change. Just sayin'.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Because it is the truth. Not everyone lives in the Chicken Little world you do man. The Police Union will fight it and lose.

Anytime you want to put money down on it though I am all in.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Bob Kroll will undoubtedly fight the terminations, making barely-veiled racist remarks to the media the whole time.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Times do change. Just sayin'.
            That's true. It took a pretty white woman being killed by a darkie cop but we finally saw one of the actual bad guys convicted. I'm not predicting one way or another on these 4 cops. This is 2 days old. But I definitely would not be surprised if they don't get charged that they might get their jobs back. Maybe not all of them, maybe 1 or 2. Maybe none, maybe all 4. Nothing would surprise me.

Comment

Scanner just asked for permission to shoot out lights because they haven’t been able to cut power.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                The WaPo video looked textbook all the way. No audio that I've found, so that MAY play a factor. Then there is a jump to the actual (apologies) "kill" video. What happened in between?

WaPo showed the cops asking, checking out stuff, a couple passengers stepped out, the cops made sure that they stayed in the immediate vicinity, etc. That's proper, generally. Old school, once those passengers stepped out, and not on an officer's orders, they'd be cuffed. These days, well, they aren't running, so let's just keep them close. I get it.
                Yeah but once you’ve cuffed them and put them on the ground you don’t put a knee to their neck. Especially if they can’t breathe. Literally nothing matters up to that point, especially when there are four cops present.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Because it is the truth. Not everyone lives in the Chicken Little world you do man. The Police Union will fight it and lose.

Anytime you want to put money down on it though I am all in.
                  I'll take that bet. Game rules will be at least one of the fired gets his (assuming they're all men?) job back. If you're insisting on the final score having to be all 4, no way. Or at least I'd need odds. Loser buys the winner dinner somewhere in the Twin Cities next time Notre Dame visits for hockey. Hopefully some day we'll get back to the real reason this website exists!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Bob Kroll will undoubtedly fight the terminations, making barely-veiled racist remarks to the media the whole time.
                    Yeah...and if it was Saint Paul he MIGHT have a shot but Minneapolis will go up in flames if these cops are allowed back on the force. The fact that they were pimpslapped so quickly is the first clue how this will play out.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'll take that bet. Game rules will be at least one of the fired gets his (assuming they're all men?) job back. If you're insisting on the final score having to be all 4, no way. Or at least I'd need odds. Loser buys the winner dinner somewhere in the Twin Cities next time Notre Dame visits for hockey. Hopefully some day we'll get back to the real reason this website exists!
                      I am not giving you odds if you win with just getting one of the clowns back on the force. You have the advantage

COMPROMISE: I say the original two are gone. If more than 2 are gone I win, if less you win. 2 we push and just get drunk that night
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Yeah but once you’ve cuffed them and put them on the ground you don’t put a knee to their neck. Especially if they can’t breathe. Literally nothing matters up to that point, especially when there are four cops present.
                        That's the issue. What made that cop put that knee down? I see nothing in the two videos to justify this. Note: I can't see anything using my wild imagination to justify this. That WaPo vid is really damming for context. That is one short time frame, and if these people were really bad guys, a gun would have been pulled by this point, or something. The sequence really makes no sense for the cops' case.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I am not giving you odds if you win with just getting one of the clowns back on the force. You have the advantage

COMPROMISE: I say the original two are gone. If more than 2 are gone I win, if less you win. 2 we push and just get drunk that night
                          Sounds like a plan if we agree that this revolves around administrative action. If the cops plea out and no one files for arbitration, there is no outcome to determine winners or losers. Do we have a tentative agreement?

Plus, since I don't drink we're gonna have to find some other stupidity for me in the event of a push!

*eta* you might also have an advantage over me. I did not (and won't) watch the video, so I only know how bad this is based on written accounts and what people post here. All kidding aside, I can't bring myself to watch things like that. I just get too angry and want to do bad things.
                          Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 05-26-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Says it all...

And deal ND
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Timeline provided by Carlos Gonzalez, a Star Tribune photojournalist that I think is fantastic.

the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X