X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
    Sometimes you get both within the same game!
    When it comes to the impact on the competition, I think for coaches and players that really sucks when they think they get a feel for how a game is going to be called and suddenly it changes. But as others have said, it's not bias against any one team. It just sucks when it directly and obviously affects the outcome (kind of like the Rams-Saints game).
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      Bowling Green seems to make sense as well, but I don't know if they would want to leave WCHA.
      Who knows, but it would certainly save them tons in travel costs.
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
        Add-in a healthy dose of 'Ego', and you have exactly what I have been seeing (and hearing) "down here" at the DIII level as well. So to put it into perspective, this is the level of officiating we are seeing in Atlantic Hockey... not only "DIII Level", but bad "DIII Level" officiating.

~TTF
        That shouldn't be too much of a surprise. It's the lowest level of the D-I conferences, so I'm sure get the bottom of the barrel of the available refs. And considering that there are likely more travel demands to that job than being a D-III ref (these guys have real jobs, after all), it might actually be less appealing to some guys even though it might pay more.

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          That was actually Michael Scott...Gretzky stole it from him.
          How silly of me. Of course.
          Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            College hockey is due for some tectonic shifts. Don't be surprised if they are announced sooner than later.
            Is this speculation based on how long it's been since the last tectonic shifts, or is it based on inside info that you aren't able to divulge?

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
              Is this speculation based on how long it's been since the last tectonic shifts, or is it based on inside info that you aren't able to divulge?
              Multiple sources.

Comment

With Holy Cross pulling off the OT win at Air Force, things remain tight. RIT still can finish 3rd. Our friends at the league office will be sending out playoff implications shortly, which I'll post here.

Comment

Robert Morris' OT win over Mercyhurst, 5-4, clinches a first-round bye for RIT.

A Tigers win and a loss by Sacred Heart tomorrow gives RIT the 4th seed. Or a Tigers win and no more than one point for Air Force this weekend. Or a Tigers tie and a Holy Cross sweep of Air Force.
                  Holy Cross beat Air Force in OT, so RIT has 2 shots at hosting with a win with either an AIC win or win or tie by Holy Cross.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

With Holy Cross pulling off the OT win at Air Force, things remain tight. RIT still can finish 3rd. Our friends at the league office will be sending out playoff implications shortly, which I'll post here.
                    Dang it, you beat me too it.

Comment

At the risk of being too self-promoting, you can also follow my Twitter account for college hockey stuff here: @EdTrefzger.

Comment

Dang it, you beat me too it.
                        You have, as always, my unwavering respect as a Tiger fan par excellence, my friend!

Comment

Here's the release from the league: http://atlantichockeyonline.com/news...y-27-2019.aspx

RIT needs to win tomorrow to finish above 5th, plus they need a Sacred Heart loss to finish above the Pioneers and an Air Force loss or tie to finish above the Falcons. RIT will know where they stand against SHU before tomorrow's game, as AIC and Sacred Heart play in Springfi

Comment

Here's the release from the league: http://atlantichockeyonline.com/news...y-27-2019.aspx

RIT needs to win tomorrow to finish above 5th, plus they need a Sacred Heart loss to finish above the Pioneers and an Air Force loss or tie to finish above the Falcons. RIT will know where they stand against SHU before tomorrow's game, as AIC and Sacred Heart play in Springfi
                            Doesn't a tie and an Air Force loss get them to 4th?

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                              Doesn't a tie and an Air Force loss get them to 4th?
                              Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                                Yes, it does. (I believed the league. My bad.)

Comment

Working...
                                X