X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    I guess the most likely candidate would be Quinnipiac, but do they have any incentive to leave ECAC?
    Quinnipiac is very happy in the ECAC. The league is very competitive, it has some high profile members, and will likely get three or more teams into the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      Wayne when asked about what explanation the officials gave for a missed elbow to the head of an RIT player, "That's our league".
      In all fairness, I asked a question that can't be answered without getting into trouble.

RIT has had three players miss multiple games on plays that were not reviewed. Plus the non-review in that game Wednesday. In three of those four very same games, RIT took majors in plays that were reviewed. There needs to be consistency, and there needs to be a better job in the league of protecting players from a level of play that leads to injury, and that means proper enforcement.

This isn't about calls not going your way. This is about player safety. The NCAA mandates a major on that sort of contact to the head penalty. Willfully ignoring that could be considered a dereliction of duty by the officials and the league.

Comment

It's topics like that which make me wish the league had more of a presence on the boards. It seems always against RIT because those are the games we see, but with little to compare to, it's hard to say if it is bias or just incompetence.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          It's topics like that which make me wish the league had more of a presence on the boards. It seems always against RIT because those are the games we see, but with little to compare to, it's hard to say if it is bias or just incompetence.
          It's not bias. If you look at games around the league on video, you'll see the same thing. The two games that Army played at Air Force this season were low in penalties called but there should have been many. Even Army's highlight video shows several. Or the AIC game at Mercyhurst that kept escalating. Eventually an AIC player was brutally checked along the boards, smashing his face mask and breaking his nose. Some calls earlier in that game might have avoided that.

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            Komey, not just RIT. I’ve been going to Tate Rink at West Point for many years and been a season ticket holder for like the last eight or nine. Some crews seem to be whistle happy and other crews swallow their whistles and let dirty play go on until it gets out of hand and someone gets hurt. The inconsistency is what is most frustrating. Then the amazing amounts of reviews after goals going on, que the jeopardy music while fans are yawning in their seats. Let’s also take time in the face off Circle to provide a ‘teaching moment’ for a minute or two before dropping the puck. The flow of the game has really been tweaked this season, so much so that I will reconsider renewing my season tickets at Tate for next year. I’ll be at Army Bentley tonight and tomorrow as the cadets close their regular season but will have to think twice about dropping another $447 for next year. I’ll go to the Army RIT, Air Force, great OOC teams and the annual RMU exhibition game but I think I will catch more RIT games listening to Ed, Scott, Chris and maybe Tom as well as their other guests. Maybe get Skirving back on. I’ll have a few more dollars to head up to Troy to catch RPI games too.
            Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 03-01-2019, 12:07 PM.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
              Some crews seem to be whistle happy and other crews swallow their whistles and let dirty play go on until it gets out of hand and someone gets hurt. The inconsistency is what is most frustrating.
              That sums it up very nicely.

Comment

Komey, not just RIT.
                Let me add to this that I've spoken to colleagues who cover other leagues and on occasion will have a non-league game at an AHA site or will cover an AHA game. Nearly unanimously, their observation is the same as Downstate_RIT_Fan's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                  Sometimes you get both within the same game!

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
                    Sometimes you get both within the same game!
                    So tonight as Tigers fans we are rooting for:

Army
                    Robert Morris
                    Holy Cross

Tomorrow as well as a Tigers win we are rooting for:

Army
                    Robert Morris
                    Holy Cross
                    AIC

Wish we had Gabe back.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Bobby Mo is the most important of tonight's games. If they can get at least a point, RIT will have a bye into the next round no matter what happens.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Some crews seem to be whistle happy and other crews swallow their whistles and let dirty play go on until it gets out of hand and someone gets hurt. The inconsistency is what is most frustrating.
                        Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                        Add-in a healthy dose of 'Ego', and you have exactly what I have been seeing (and hearing) "down here" at the DIII level as well. So to put it into perspective, this is the level of officiating we are seeing in Atlantic Hockey... not only "DIII Level", but bad "DIII Level" officiating.

~TTF
                        Dave
                        RIT - '90

Comment

Robert Morris wins in overtime over Mercyhurst so that should get our first round bye.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Robert Morris' OT win over Mercyhurst, 5-4, clinches a first-round bye for RIT.

A Tigers win and a loss by Sacred Heart tomorrow gives RIT the 4th seed. Or a Tigers win and no more than one point for Air Force this weekend. Or a Tigers tie and a Holy Cross sweep of Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                              Here are the scenarios for RIT this weekend as far as I can tell:

To finish 4th, RIT needs to beat Canisius and AIC needs to beat Sacred Heart tomorrow afternoon.

To finish 5th, RIT needs a win or tie against Canisius or Mercyhurst needs to lose or tie one of its games against Robert Morris tonight or tomorrow.

RIT can still finish 2nd if they win tomorrow, but Bentley has to be swept by Army, Air Force has to be swept by Holy Cross, and Sacred Heart has to lose to AIC.

RIT can finish 3rd with a win and two of the above three happening.
                              Bentley and RMU were winners tonight.
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                I would not be surprised if there are moves made in the west with Arizona State and the potential of UNLV.

An interesting thought for a conference I had was RIT, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris, Niagara, Canisius, Miami, and Bowling Green. Miami has been the big loser in the CCHA disbanding. Now they are a bottom feeder in the NCHA. I could see them wanting out. Bowling Green seems to make sense as well, but I don't know if they would want to leave WCHA.
                                Your getting warmer
                                Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule
                                Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Working...
                                X