• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    And there goes the other half. =)
    Well played!

Our pregame tonight will be 15 minutes of crowd noise and Rocky on the P.A. telling people how to behave.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
      We had to deactivate it because people were posting naughty pictures in the Café which caused Google to twice demonetize the whole site for a week each time.
      I hate people...
      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
      The Mule
      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
        I hate people...
        So do I.

That means we like each other ... oh, wait...
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
          Sure, but I counted a loss in the playoffs in there, because if we win out, we're in the tournament anyway.

EDIT: Ah, I see, that's only taking into account already scheduled games, not the ones that we will have to play in the AHA playoffs (which you did explicitly say...DOH!). And to be clear, even there he has us at only a combined 19.2% chance to be top 16 even if we win all 10 regular season games remaining. (0.3% to be 13, 1.6% to be 14, 4.9% to be 15, and 12.4% to be 16). So even with the 10 game winning streak, we'd have about a 2% chance to be in the top 14, and a 7% chance to be top 15.
          We would have lose to the next best team in the AHA - which would likely be Air Force. I don't think it would matter much if it is semi-final or final.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1
            We would have lose to the next best team in the AHA - which would likely be Air Force. I don't think it would matter much if it is semi-final or final.
            No, a loss in the semi-final would be worse than a loss in the final because of the effect to our own winning percentage. In the case of us winning out in the regular season, our winning % would actually improve slightly if we lost in the final (3-1 over the playoffs), whereas it would get worse if we lost in the semi-final (2-1 in the playoffs). In addition, a loss in the semi-final would most likely be against the #4 seed at best, because we will almost certainly win the #1 seed if we win out (Air Force could finish above us, AIC could not).

And again, to be clear, it's still only a 5% chance to be in the top 15 at the end of the regular season if we win the rest of our regular season games, not including any playoff results. We will have to get a lot of favorable results among other bubble teams in addition to winning the rest of our regular season games for this to even have a chance of happening.

Realistically speaking, even going 12-1 or 13-1 (with the loss in the playoffs to the next best AHA team) is almost certainly not going to get us in as an at-large.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              So do I.

That means we like each other ... oh, wait...
              You just miss watching Buff State & Fredonia Games with me.....

And your not an elected official so that is a plus....
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Here's the scoop on ASU if anyone cares. They are good size, and they can skate, but they are not especially deep.The goalie is all world. He loves to get the puck and shoot it up to a winger on the other blue line hoping to catch the other team out on a change and getting an odd man rush.
                They play a defensive style and they can make it very hard on you if you fall behind. They also are particularly physical especially if the ref isn't looking.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                  You just miss watching Buff State & Fredonia Games with me.....
                  Next weekend. Be there!
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    Here's the scoop on ASU if anyone cares. They are good size, and they can skate, but they are not especially deep.The goalie is all world. He loves to get the puck and shoot it up to a winger on the other blue line hoping to catch the other team out on a change and getting an odd man rush.
                    They play a defensive style and they can make it very hard on you if you fall behind. They also are particularly physical especially if the ref isn't looking.
                    Must be nice being able to recruit a team on scholarships...
                    R I T HOCKEY
                    Frozen Four
                    Elite Eight
                    NCAA Tournament
                    2010-2015-2016
                    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Well, ASU is undeniably the more skilled team overall. However, it's clear to see why their record isn't all that amazing even with that goalie - their defense was beatable and we got more than our fair share of grade A (or at least B+) chances. Some we whiffed on, and others we would have scored on against any AHA team and probably most other goalies. Nights like tonight remind me how much I wish we had a real legit sniper threat on the team, because against bigger teams that keep us out of the high traffic areas and prevent us from maintaining puck control, it sure would be nice to have a guy picking corners like they had.

Andriano probably wants 2-3 of those goals back, especially the shorthanded one, but I'd still probably roll him again tomorrow night so Drackett has the full weekend of rest before the final stretch of games that matter.
                      RIT

Comment

They were thrashed. Sure they had a period of play where they were ascendant at 3-0, but when they finally broke through and scored Arizona State just turned the screws and allowed just 7 shots on goal for the remainder of the game.

Andriano was torched glove side tonight, but there were plenty of grade A chances Arizona State had that didn't go in as well. Lots of defensive breakdowns out there. The shorty was an awful one, though. I assume the reason Drackett didn't play tonight is because he isn't fully healthy yet, so I guess I'd go with Andriano tomorrow too. I wouldn't argue with Short getting the start either, though. Any dreams of an at-large bid were snuffed out tonight.
                        Last edited by jflory81; 02-01-2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I think top to bottom ASU is definitely the more talented team and this seems to be the best team RIT has played thus far(I’ve watched just ablut every game both home and away) However I believe RIT is capable of beating them but there were definitely 2-3 soft goals and their goalie is definitely one the best in league. Without Drackett and one of our best players its an even taller order. ASU has a lot of speed RIT needs to keep their speedy guys wide and someone pickup the trailer they were hitting that guy all night with the drop passes.

Comment

I thought RIT played pretty well - especially when you consider the players that were out due to injury. A-State is certainly a good time - and for all practical purposes these are conference tournament games that they need to win. There were some soft goals, and a couple chances that had they gone in, would have made this game very interested.

FWIW - any dreams of an at-large were pure fantasy. RIT is going to lose at least one more conference game. Winning the conference tournament is still the way in.
                            FWIW2 - Just stop it with pining for scholarships. It's not going to happen any time soon.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

To beat those guys you have to play the patience game. Don't give them anything, sit back, make them shoot from outside, wait for a break.Force them to commit penalties, Throw the puck past the D men and make the game a skill game against their bigger guys. Once you get ahead, you can open it up just slightly. But you have to really grind for the entire time or they will come back. Ask Mankato... they had it won and then it was tied right at the end.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Does anybody know what Wayne and the ASU coach were discussing at Center Ice before the officials so rudely interrupted them?

Comment

Working...
                                X