UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA 18-19 Matt 2.0

Wanted to ask the Seawolf faithful what might be going on with an alumnus. Did Mike Peluso have a falling out of sorts with UAA? I know he’s not in good shape at all, with injuries sustained during his pro career, but in all the stories about the lawsuits he’s filed regarding those injuries I haven’t seen anyone from his old school say anything about him. I know it’s been a while since he played in Anchorage, but I figured someone from UAA would have been quoted about him since Mike was the not only first Seawolf to win a Stanley Cup, but is also in the Seawolf Hall of Fame and still holds some school records.
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
      Wanted to ask the Seawolf faithful what might be going on with an alumnus. Did Mike Peluso have a falling out of sorts with UAA? I know he’s not in good shape at all, with injuries sustained during his pro career, but in all the stories about the lawsuits he’s filed regarding those injuries I haven’t seen anyone from his old school say anything about him. I know it’s been a while since he played in Anchorage, but I figured someone from UAA would have been quoted about him since Mike was the not only first Seawolf to win a Stanley Cup, but is also in the Seawolf Hall of Fame and still holds some school records.
      When DD had his blog he wrote about Mike a fair amount. In fact, he tried very hard to have his jersey retired. It was supposed to be a done deal when Cobb was the AD, but it never happened. From what I know about Mike, he is in pretty bad shape mentally, due to all of the concussions he sustained while playing in the NHL. I've never heard anything about a falling out with UAA, but when UAA was in the process of hiring their coach, there were a lot of comments in the ADN from someone who "said" they were Mike Peluso … and that someone really wanted UAA to rehire John Hill. I have not heard any "stories about the lawsuits he's filed".
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Oh, I thought Mike's jersey retirement at UAA had been a done deal. That's too bad. I know from reading the ADN archives there was some sort of mix-up about him bringing the Stanley Cup to Anchorage back in 1995.

This is the one of the stories I was talking about, in reference to the lawsuit(s):

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-jersey-devils
        "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
          Oh, I thought Mike's jersey retirement at UAA had been a done deal. That's too bad. I know from reading the ADN archives there was some sort of mix-up about him bringing the Stanley Cup to Anchorage back in 1995.

This is the one of the stories I was talking about, in reference to the lawsuit(s):

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-jersey-devils
          I don't know why you expect to read a quote from someone at UAA. This has nothing to do with his college career. Am I missing something here? And it is truly a shame that his jersey did not get retired. Unless it happened after Cobb left? I know that DD told me it was supposed to be a done deal, but it never happened and he was intensely irritated by that fact.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
          X