Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I expect a dog fight,looks like Salve is a team like Oswego,scoring by committee,dont have 1 player who does all the goal scoring,may come down to special teams,as I think it will be a 1 goal game....Salve has had a month off since 2 loses at Adrian,not sure if that is good or they might be rusty??
    They don't want a 3rd loss in a row thats for sure, so the Lakers best be ready. They can play for 2nd place Sat night, fine by me.

Comment

watched some canton game but the stream stops and starts all the time,anyway to stop that??? I think last yr facebook had a feed or you tube??? Buehller anyone???

Comment

watched some canton game but the stream stops and starts all the time,anyway to stop that??? I think last yr facebook had a feed or you tube??? Buehller anyone???
        Canton puts up a 5 spot and beats Concordia

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          I had no problems with it. On an iPad.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
            Canton puts up a 5 spot and beats Concordia
            Well, the final two goals were empty netters. It was a close game. Certainly closer than I expected.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

No technical problems 30 miles out at sea....
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Nice day for a drive from Elmira. First game was played ala UCHC style; i.e. slow, sloppy and slap happy. Second game was played quite quickly and intensely; at 45 rpm compared to 16 rpm of the first game (sorry for the 20th century reference).

Based on Friday's performances, I don't see Canton having a chance tonight.

I've seen Wojtala twice, once in the semi vs. UWSP, and last night. Two completely different results ... not sure which performance was the fluke.

I was really surprised by the number of Canadians on the CUW and Oswego rosters contrasted to steadily declining numbers in the UCHC!? Does CUW provide a Neumann-esque incentive, or is it just the proximity?
                Last edited by elbojpb; 01-05-2019, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Much better feed for me in the Oz game....We looked very good in the 1st and 3rd,missed the 2nd had to pick up the daughter from softball ugh.....Nenadal looked good,again wish we had him for another yr....We had a very good forecheck and had many grade A chances to score but hey cant get'em all...Gillespie looked very good very skilled passer,and he will score more goals for sure..Fletcher looked good along with Molinaro....one defenseman not his best game...and 0-7 on the powerplay...Canton is done if we have another game like lastnight….p.s. I like the way the Dmen are coming in from the points and the forwards are finding them, 2 goals by Currie and Novick,very nice something we had none of last year...just gotta make sure the other forwards cover when they crash...
                  Last edited by bakdraft21; 01-05-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post

I was really surprised by the number of Canadians on the CUW and Oswego rosters contrasted to steadily declining numbers in the UCHC!? Does CUW provide a Neumann-esque incentive, or is it just the proximity?
                    Jason Wise, HC @ Concordia Wi, has always recruited a large group of Canadians, both @ Concordia and when he was the HC @ Marian.
                    Marian still draws a large Canadian contingent with 14 this season.
                    Other West region teams with large Canadian numbers include Northland (16), CSS (11), Adrian (10).
                    In comparison, SNC has three this season, down substantially from recent numbers that approached half of the roster...
                    Last edited by pete99race; 01-05-2019, 10:30 AM.
                    SNC Men:
                    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                    SNC Women:
                    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Much better feed for me in the Oz game....We looked very good in the 1st and 3rd,missed the 2nd had to pick up the daughter from softball ugh.....Nenadal looked good,again wish we had him for another yr....We had a very good forecheck and had many grade A chances to score but hey cant get'em all...Gillespie looked very good very skilled passer,and he will score more goals for sure..Fletcher looked good along with Molinaro....one defenseman not his best game...and 0-7 on the powerplay...Canton is done if we have another game like lastnight….p.s. I like the way the Dmen are coming in from the points and the forwards are finding them, 2 goals by Currie and Novick,very nice something we had none of last year...just gotta make sure the other forwards cover when they crash...
                      I thought we definitely capitalized in the 3rd as SR looked gassed. I was nervous for us in the 2nd, we werent outplayed, but SR had better looks than us. Tonight we jump the Kangaroos

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                        Jason Wise, HC @ Concordia Wi, has always recruited a large group of Canadians, both @ Concordia and when he was the HC @ Marian.
                        Marian still draws a large Canadian contingent with 14 this season.
                        Other West region teams with large Canadian numbers include Northland (16), CSS (11), Adrian (10).
                        In comparison, SNC has three this season, down substantially from recent numbers that approached half of the roster...
                        I see the results, but just cannot comprehend the huge disparity.

The Canadian $ is just as weak in Elmira NY and DePere Wis as it is in Oswego, Mequon, Fond du Lac, Ashland, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          Students back in 2 weeks. Time to start the new thread.
                          Happy New Year! quick question about your team roster. Any truth to the rumor that Oswego has lost a couple of players this semester and one being a significant loss?? Just wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                            I see the results, but just cannot comprehend the huge disparity.

The Canadian $ is just as weak in Elmira NY and DePere Wis as it is in Oswego, Mequon, Fond du Lac, Ashland, etc.
                            I am thinking inquiring minds (NCAA) is probably thinking the same thoughts !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                              Happy New Year! quick question about your team roster. Any truth to the rumor that Oswego has lost a couple of players this semester and one being a significant loss?? Just wondering.
                              we lost 3players.....Bruce,Huffnagle and Farabee…...you can look up their stats and make your mind up as far as significance...Not sure why they left,ice time I would think was a BIG factor...How did the birds far over the break??

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                                I am thinking inquiring minds (NCAA) is probably thinking the same thoughts !
                                I think people are blowing this out of proportion. You can recruit as may Canadians as you want. You just can’t give them financial aid out of proportion to the rest of the general student population.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X