Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2018-19 Back To Work... #ItsAGreatDayToBeALaker

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
    Attendance seems to be a topic for all sports these days. People can watch all the action from their couches on the big screen and avoid the hassle of actually dealing with live people. WTOP excellent broadcasts actually promote this trend. I have always said--these are the students games--so show up snowflake. Those 4 years are here and soon gone, skippy. Oswego has 8K undergrads? Pack the rink every home game and then head downtown and get blasted. Perfect evening. As for Townies/Season ticket holders--DONATE your tickets to youth hockey, etc. if you dont use them. Dont let them go to waste. You want a winning team? Show up, get loud.
    I'm guessing that Tinder, Instagram, et al, just offer young people too many better options than going to a hockey game on a Friday night. (Hell, if I could have hooked-up so easily back in the day, I would never have seen the inside of a rink... And I'd have **ed myself to death by age 20.)

As far as the older crew goes, 7 PM starts are getting more difficult to deal-with... It's already dark by then, there might be an inch of snow predicted, and the game knee is acting-up. Maybe we should just stream this thing at home, with our jammies on..? (And while I'm at it: Get offa my lawn!)

Perhaps live, in-person sports are on the way out, especially at the small-time level. Too many options are available for all ages.

Comment

Guess I am old,but get your A#$ out of the dorm/house and cheer on the home team....Waaaay back when I played,my buddies where always there and they brought many others,once you went to old Romney you were hooked,didnt hurt to have some liquids with you either..people don't know what they are missing until they see sports live and in person.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        Guess I am old,but get your A#$ out of the dorm/house and cheer on the home team....Waaaay back when I played,my buddies where always there and they brought many others,once you went to old Romney you were hooked,didnt hurt to have some liquids with you either..people don't know what they are missing until they see sports live and in person.
        In order to survive Romney you needed some liquid heat, haha. The same was true for playing Hobart many a years ago.
        Oswego '88

Comment

• Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
          In order to survive Romney you needed some liquid heat, haha. The same was true for playing Hobart many a years ago.
          Oswego '88
          Let's go way back at Romney.....chain link fence

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

As far as the older crew goes, 7 PM starts are getting more difficult to deal-with... It's already dark by then, there might be an inch of snow predicted, and the game knee is acting-up. Maybe we should just stream this thing at home, with our jammies on..? (And while I'm at it: Get offa my lawn!)
            Hey kiddo- we're pushing 70 and we're there for every game- right under the pressbox. We're there at 6:30 for warmups, and we don't leave until after we salute the team and hear the three stars.

And then Sunday night I suit up for oldtimers hockey. Harumph.
            Oswego State 1980 Grad
            (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
              Hey kiddo- we're pushing 70 and we're there for every game- right under the pressbox. We're there at 6:30 for warmups, and we don't leave until after we salute the team and hear the three stars.

You're one of a dying breed, and God bless you.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post

I didn't get a Harumph outa that guy...…..Keep up the good work,if I lived in Oz I like to think I would be there as well,couldn't be anymore heartbreaking than having Jets and Rangers season tiks like I had back in the day

Comment

I didn't get a Harumph outa that guy...…..
                  "Just think of your secretary, Sir..."
                  Oswego State 1980 Grad
                  (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    Let's go way back at Romney.....chain link fence
                    And the penalty "boxes" were simply the benches right next to the fans...
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I didn't get a Harumph outa that guy...…..Keep up the good work,if I lived in Oz I like to think I would be there as well,couldn't be anymore heartbreaking than having Jets and Rangers season tiks like I had back in the day
                      I knew there was a reason why I like you so much! (I had Jets season tickets back in the Ken O'Brien era.)
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Seen at the Campus Center - "Students who have purchased tickets to the Plattsburgh hockey game will be allowed to line up at 2pm Saturday for admittance to the arena. Those who line up prior to 2pm will be asked to leave the building."
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          Seen at the Campus Center - "Students who have purchased tickets to the Plattsburgh hockey game will be allowed to line up at 2pm Saturday for admittance to the arena. Those who line up prior to 2pm will be asked to leave the building."
                          So they line up outside the building prior to 2:00...
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            I knew there was a reason why I like you so much! (I had Jets season tickets back in the Ken O'Brien era.)
                            our group had them going back to Shea Stadium,that place was wild...

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              our group had them going back to Shea Stadium,that place was wild...
                              I was on the waiting list when they were at Shea. When they moved to the larger Giants Stadium, I moved up enough to get them.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                The line-up for WW is pretty cool to see,last yr me and my 10y.o. walked the whole line took a good while to reach the end..Wish we were there tonight....

Comment

Working...
                                X