Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    the games certainly are exciting this year. I wish spectators were allowed, I'd like to go to one of theses games. Of course, I'd bring my own food, extra gas and a sleeping bag to sleep in the car.
    You would be too much of a fan so definitely against the rules of this tournament!
    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
      You would be too much of a fan so definitely against the rules of this tournament!
      Hey, blazer, you heard anything from the Mount Washington regional since the carrier pigeon debacle?

Comment

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Hey, blazer, you heard anything from the Mount Washington regional since the carrier pigeon debacle?
        I sent a new pigeon out that way. Watch for Krista....
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Heimlich Cup
          perfect!
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Game 2: Sparty (Wears a Dress!) vs. Holy Sh*t they Suck!

Both teams witnessed the results of Game 1, and their captains had a quick pre-game meeting next to Hot Topic, during which they conceded that both Michigan State and Holy Cross are really basketballs schools anyway. Therefore, they agreed to leave the sticks in the locker room and play the puck with their hands. Since dribbling a puck like a basketball is too difficult, both teams figured out the pass-pass-pass strategy was the best way to go to avoid travelling violations. A flurry of errant passes and shots were traded, and after the 1st period the score was 13-10 in favor of the Crusaders.

During the first intermission, ICE raided the building and rounded up all the Canadian players, which delayed the start of the 2nd period by almost 30 minutes. This forced Holy Cross to replace starting sieve Tommy Nixon, with backup sieve Erik Gordon, and also eliminated their top man, Mitch Collett, for the remainder of the game. Curiously, the agents didn't arrest Sparty's Polish freshman, Wojciech Stachowiak, because, "Trump loves the poorly educated, so you're good kid." The game resumed after ICE had loaded all of the hapless Canadians into windowless vans and driven off. The teams traded more shots in the 2nd, and the period ended with MSUcks up 32-27.

Two minutes into the 3rd period, Stachowiak was whistled for a "Flagrant 1" against Michael Laffin, who scored on both of his "free throws" to cut the MSU lead to one. The teams traded some "layups", but by this point the ice was truly awful, what with the 88 degree high the previous day, and having not been resurfaced in many hours. With 0:25 to play in regulation, the score was 45-44 Sparty and it looked like they would hang on for the win. That is, until a gigantic rut in the ice caused Tommy Apap to do a faceplant and miss catching a pass. The puck was intercepted by Kevin Darrar and passed down the ice by the Crusaders, and thrown behind Drew DeRidder as the final two seconds ticked away. Patrick O'Leary was credited with the goal, and the Crusaders were victorious by a final score of 46-45.

The Crusaders win and go home, while the Fartans advance to take on Princetom in the BFB South Regional Final.

Comment

My pigeons are finally back from Laurium and Mt. Washington: Good.

Your commish is tired and unable to post their results tonight: Take it however you want.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Your commish is tired and unable to post their results tonight: Take it however you want.
                Take a MARS bar.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

We all deserve our beauty sleep.And I have eye strain from watching that "other" tournament.
                  Speaking of the Heimlich Cup why not add the gophers(since they began the tradition} Hold it at a neutral site, say the Holy Cross arena.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    We all deserve our beauty sleep.And I have eye strain from watching that "other" tournament.
                    Speaking of the Heimlich Cup why not add the gophers(since they began the tradition} Hold it at a neutral site, say the Holy Cross arena.
                    Results from Laurium will be up this afternoon!

Comment

this pigeon system of communications doesn't seem to work very well. I think the committee needs to work on something more reliable. Like Amtrak?
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        this pigeon system of communications doesn't seem to work very well. I think the committee needs to work on something more reliable. Like Amtrak?
                        Asst. Commish is barely a part time gig, and it's not like we get paid for running this sh*thole tournament!

The last pigeon from Odessa had to be rerouted to Jersey this week, and I assume it got lost in the industrial smog. Hell, the poor thing could've choked to death for all I know!

Comment

maybe Amtrak would trade message transportation for free advertising? Something like "we are slow and suck and so does this tournament"? Or easier yet, bribe a conductor to stick the results in his pocket and hand it off at the next convenient station? I'm here to help.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                            maybe Amtrak would trade message transportation for free advertising? Something like "we are slow and suck and so does this tournament"? Or easier yet, bribe a conductor to stick the results in his pocket and hand it off at the next convenient station? I'm here to help.
                            Only on the Northeast Corridor routes. Mostly business travelers with their nose buried in the phone, they'd never acknowledge any distribution of information on the vehicles shuffling them to their meeting, late as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Results from Laurium will be up this afternoon!
                              Still waiting for the Laurium pigeon??

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                                Still waiting for the Laurium pigeon??
                                The pigeon may have gotten confused. Laurium's sister city, Calumet, was up for Kraft's Hockeyville USA. So most of us spent last weekend voting repeatedly for Calumet. The pigeon may have thought that was the results he was waiting for, not the so called hockey game?
                                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Working...
                                X