This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

I also listen to Ludacris and Outkast. This generation is all "Keke, do you love me?"

My generation: "MOVE, B-TCH! GET OUT THE WAY!"
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Went to the Weird Al show at the state fair. Always a fun time.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Went to the Weird Al show at the state fair. Always a fun time.
        My wife, some friends and I were at the Fair last Friday. Belinda Carlisle, of all people, was playing at the Leinie's Bandshell free music stage. Two songs in she announces that she's going to sing something from her first album, from "way back in the '80's."

"Who remembers the '80's" she asks, and the crowd cheered. "Good, I'm glad someone does. I sure don't" she responded.

By the way, she still looked good. Not the Go-Go's chubby Belinda. This was cocaine hot Belinda.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          I also listen to Ludacris and Outkast. This generation is all "Keke, do you love me?"

My generation: "MOVE, B-TCH! GET OUT THE WAY!"
          Late 90’s, early 2000’s music is, uh, aggressive.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Late 90’s, early 2000’s music is, uh, aggressive.
            By the way, that b-tch never moved out of Ludacris's way.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              By the way, that b-tch never moved out of Ludacris's way.
              He gonna Act A Fool...
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I was at the Weird Al concert last night. What a blast! When doing costume changes, he's playing old music videos, or clips of him appearing in various TV shows, and a bit form UHF.

Something that I noticed during his performance is that nobody was going to the concession stands during the show. Normally at a Minnesota State Fair concert, you can see loads of people going to those stands (they're located along the same wall as the main concert stage, just off into the far wings. Last night, there were maybe 6 or 7 people being served at a given time. Everybody was into the show, and he had a 41-piece symphony orchestra on stage with his normal four band members.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  I was at the Weird Al concert last night. What a blast! When doing costume changes, he's playing old music videos, or clips of him appearing in various TV shows, and a bit form UHF.

Something that I noticed during his performance is that nobody was going to the concession stands during the show. Normally at a Minnesota State Fair concert, you can see loads of people going to those stands (they're located along the same wall as the main concert stage, just off into the far wings. Last night, there were maybe 6 or 7 people being served at a given time. Everybody was into the show, and he had a 41-piece symphony orchestra on stage with his normal four band members.
                  I like how he got some of the old classics out of the way with a quick lounge medley at the beginning, then fired right off into "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota." He didn't do that song the last time he came through.

Comment

I like how he got some of the old classics out of the way with a quick lounge medley at the beginning, then fired right off into "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota." He didn't do that song the last time he came through.
                    The man knows how to put together a show, that's for certain. The props he had, and the number of costumed people out there for the encore, his equipment trailer has to be large and packed tight.

ETA: And of course, people went crazy for The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota. To that end, he tweeted out a picture of the street sign next to the real ball a couple days ago, where the street name was changed to Weird Alley. He had a little fun with that.
                    Last edited by St. Clown; 08-28-2019, 10:39 AM.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      The man knows how to put together a show, that's for certain. The props he had, and the number of costumed people out there for the encore, his equipment trailer has to be large and packed tight.

ETA: And of course, people went crazy for The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota. To that end, he tweeted out a picture of the street sign next to the real ball a couple days ago, where the street name was changed to Weird Alley. He had a little fun with that.
                      Watching fireworks go off above a Weird Al with outstretched arms while shouting "YODA!" at the top of my lungs will be a good memory.

Comment

Watching fireworks go off above a Weird Al with outstretched arms while shouting "YODA!" at the top of my lungs will be a good memory.
                        Hell yeah it will be. My fave, and prob his best parody.

As for Belinda Carlisle, on the Houghton trip, my friend insisted she was playing, and I kept saying "I think you mean Brandi Carlisle." Well, we were both right. I'm guessing Belinda played all 3 of her hit songs (which I love, btw, don't get me wrong).
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I ****ed up. I should have gone. B
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Cash Rules Everything Around Me
                            C.R.E.A.M. get the money
                            Dollar Dollar Bill Ya'll...

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Cash Rules Everything Around Me
                              C.R.E.A.M. get the money
                              Dollar Dollar Bill Ya'll...
                              Leave it up to me while I be livin' proof
                              To kick the truth to the young black youth
                              But shorty's runnin' wild, smokin' sess, drinkin' beer
                              And ain't tryin' to hear what I'm kickin' in his ear
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Just getting back from Dropkick Murphy’s. Great show, played the hits of course (except Kiss Me I’m S-faced ) though two best of songs were covers of I Fought The Law and Which Side Are You On.

Though I’m sure more than a few missed the point of Which Side Are You On...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X