X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: Less Talk, More Rock

Kirk Franklin.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Until I wake in the morning
      And I step outside
      And I take a deep breath
      And I get real high
      And I scream from the top of my lungs
      WHAT'S GOING ON?
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Nookie Jones was playing at the MN State Fair today, The Current (MN Public Radio) broadcast it. Loved the set. Old school horns, soul, a little funk....loved it. Highly recommend.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Goddam do I hate that song. It just provokes a visceral reaction in me.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Attended my first music festival (BBQ V) in over 25 years yesterday... what a fool for waiting so long. Truly regret not getting a camping pass and spending the weekend there (and no, this is not a contact buzz talkin'!)... next year!! Weather-depending of course, ‘cause “the Wife’s” idea of camping is a Holiday Inn with a pool... I will have a hard-enough time to get her to spend the night in a tent let-alone a tent in the rain!

Quite a few local bands... Viva Mayhem (Ithaca-based) was outstanding, and Driftwood did not disappoint. However, Ryan Montbleau is an absolute treasure. I got hooked on his music with ’75 and Sunny’, but his live performance in that music festival environment/atmosphere was stellar. Performances of that tune and ‘Ships in the Night’ were moving to say the least. We are certainly not going “full groupie” on his band, but we will make efforts to see him again whenever possible (unfortunately next weekend in Sterling is out ). Amazed that his band does not have more exposure.

Can’t believe I am getting bit with the music festival bug again in my 50’s, but I truly had forgotten what I was missing. One-a-year ought to satisfy that bug... for however much longer I can ‘feed it’. (Speaking of which, NO TICKS!! Woohoo!).

Cheers,
            ~TTF
            Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 08-24-2019, 11:57 AM. Reason: Contact Buzz Clarification :)
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

Crystal Method- Legion of Boom
              Fatboy Slim- You've Come A Long Way, Baby
              Fatboy Slim- Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars

I'm embarrassed to say that I thought Moby was ever a decent artist. I've checked out so many good techno/EDM artists that are way better than he ever dreamed of being.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

I'm embarrassed to say that I thought Moby was ever a decent artist. I've checked out so many good techno/EDM artists that are way better than he ever dreamed of being.
                I'll agree with you there.

Pet Peeve, though. EDM fans get PIZZED when you call their music "techno." Um, it IS techno. There are many kinds of techno, EDM is an equally generic name for that style of music. Thank you.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Other than checking out EDM, though, I've been listening to a lot of strong female voices. Still a fan of Sara Bareilles, Norah Jones, Ingrid Michaelson, Lana Del Rey, Florence (+ the Machine), Anna Nalick, Mazzy Star with Hope Sandoval, Beth Gibbons with Portishead, Shirley Manson...

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Is there where I get to admit my love of 90’s-2000’s Euro techno/EDM?

DJ Sammy
                    Darude
                    Alice Deejay

My sad musical weakness...
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I went to the last day of Psycho Las Vegas last weekend. Man, that was a ton of fun. Opeth, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Warhorse, Vio-Lence, Truckfighters, 1349, Kadaver...

It was weird seeing a black metal band in full corpse paint playing in 105 degree heat, outside at a stage literally built into a beach, but kind of neat.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Is there where I get to admit my love of 90’s-2000’s Euro techno/EDM?

DJ Sammy
                        Darude
                        Alice Deejay

My sad musical weakness...
                        It's not sad at all. You like what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          It's not sad at all. You like what you like.
                          Exactly. Let your freak flag fly.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Hell, I'm listening to and singing along with P!nk and "Raise Your Glass."

Comment

Tomorrow, I'm hitting "Play All" on my Outkast folder. All I have is Stankonia and Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, but that will keep me motivated during strength training.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I'm a mid-40YO guy. "bad guy" by Billie Eillish came on this weekend at the local brewery, I said I love this song, and the 20-something beertender was asking if I was being sarcastic. Nope. Got into a music discussion, and he was surprised at the variety of my tastes (the other one that surprised him was Lizzo).

Comment

Working...
                                X